Sign in to follow this  
SonofBaconator

Dive is the new Invert?

In the 90s, Inverts were the craze as nearly 20 were produced from 1992 to 1999. Now we're getting close to the 2020s and newer models have surfaced, one of which being the Dive Machine/Coaster. 

Dive Machines have been popping up around the world and have taken the GP by storm. With their popularity I think its safe to argue that Dive coasters are becoming the new invert.

Sooner or later I think we'll see different variations of the B&M Dive Machine such as 100ft multi-looping models similar to Gerstlauer and possibly even a giga dive, (if a park is willing to shell out the money.)

What are your thoughts? 

I'd agree, Inverts seem pretty saturated as are floorless/sitting models. I think we aren't going to see a giga dive anytime soon though as that might be too much of an investment for Six Flags and Cedar Point has one. One could possibly come to Carowinds. Would be pretty funny if KI got one though - you wanted a giga coaster? Have all the giga's you can handle!