Cedar Point first time visit

So although I’ve gone to Kings Island for several years now, I’ve never made it to the northern Ohio park.  That is all changing this weekend.  I finally splurged on a platinum pass and will be there both this Saturday and Sunday.  I know going on Memorial Day weekend would normally be a bad idea due to crowds but hopefully the weather forecast keeps folks away.  Is there any tips for effectively navigating the park to hit all the main attractions over a span of 2 days? The main ones I’m interested in are SV, TTD, MF, and Maverick.  Any input on if the rain would thin the crowd out on a holiday weekend and an efficient way to try and hit all the coasters?

Eh I doubt they’ll be like ANYTHING I’ve ever seen at King’s Island.  Ive waited 3+ hours to ride The Beast at night during Halloween Haunt. Every queue house was open and full and the line spilled onto the midway past LaRoasa. I’m hoping that the forecast for 80% chance of thunderstorms across both days deters some from traveling and if there ends up being storms that the locals will thin out instead of waiting it out.

@FoF96"

Cedar Point can get really crowded, not always but usually Memorial Day weekend it will be this way. Like you I’ve been going to Kings Island For a while. I’ve also done my fair share of waiting for rides at KI. I waited a causal 3 1/2 for my ride on Mystic during pass holder preview night, I’ve also done 2 hour Beast Waits as well 1 1/2 Diamondback waits hour long Banshee waits and whatnot, but I’ve also been to CP 6 times now. I usually go for a Friday and than Saturday trip and we Always get Fast Lane Plus on at least one of the days, and that’s during regular season. With Kings Island you will see a couple of Rides get to 1 - 1 1/2 waits of busy days but with Cedar Point you will see every major coaster get at least an hour long wait. Other rides like Steel Vengeance and Maverick will exceed 2 hour waits on a regular basis, especially during times like Memorial Day weekend. You can also expect TTD to be down for any reason at any given time, it’s simply the nature of the ride due to its extreme thec and height. Like what @flightoffear1996 said, go for your major attractions first. Somtimes lines will die down for one particular ride, if you see this hop in line. It really is up to chance with how many people will be kept away by the weather. As for my Tips to navigating a Cedar Point, here you go 

1. Fast Lane Plus (it’s worth it)

2. Get a park map, the park is very disorienting the first time you visit. This will help you see the most efficient routes for getting Were you want to go.

3. If there is weather that suddenly stops, move at a very quick pace towards a ride and get in line, the line will be much shorter.

So that’s really all I have, I’d you've got more questions I’ll try and be helpful to answer them. 

• Like 2

^ Cedar Point's "Camera 1" webcam is currently aimed at the parking lot. Looks really light for a Saturday; hope the rain holds off for you today! https://www.cedarpoint.com/explore/live-video

I was there yesterday, and Steel Vengeance opened late - around 2pm. Raptor was also having mechanical problems for much of the day. Other than that, everything was open except for weather delays (on Blue Streak, Gemini, Magnum, Dragster and Mine Ride) during a brief pop-up shower.

I went last Thursday and didn't bother with SV during early entry since reddit said it's been having issues. I rode MF and Maverick. MF seemed to go down once it opened to GP, so I'm glad I got to ride it at least once. Around 1030 they started doing tests on SV with a HUGE crowd lined up. I grabbed a fastlane and hung out by that entrance until they made an announcement that it was down and they dunno when. Didn't seem like anyone moved from the line, but I gotta outta there. Came back around noon or later and got on. Totally worth it, but next time I visit I'm not even gonna bother until later in the day. Course with a FL you don't really need to wait around in sleeping bags like all the other park goers were. I'm #allin with fastlane so I'll never not have it on me when I go to Cedar Fair parks.

Raptor and WT were down, but managed to get on TTD but the weather was pretty perfect. No wind and it was around 65-70. I hear it being right on the water makes it a gamble no matter what google weather says.