1976 King Island Aerial

Wow! Thanks for sharing @Old_Bearcat, that's a really cool view. Do you have a link to a higher quality one? I'd love to zoom in on the details. (Edit - Just realized I wasn't expanding it all the way)

The giant America flag in the parking lot is interesting - I had never heard about this, but looks like it was composed of 500 1976 Vega station wagons. Here's a short article about it from The Cincinnati Enquirer in April 1976:

yv1hxu7.jpg

It's also really cool to see the size of Lion Country Safari, the original Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad layout, and the old houses near the railroad.

Thanks again for sharing!

• Like 1

This structure was the monorail storage and maintenance facility, you can see all the trains parked to the left. This structure is the only remaining part of the monorail standing today. It now is steel coaster maintenance. Timberwolf stands directly to the left of this building. Take a ride on Drop Tower and you can still see the supports for the transfer table 

81AC9E19-053C-4743-86FC-B48960CE6BB3.jpeg

• Like 3