Pass Perks

BoddaH1994

So CP Food Blog is reporting that Cedar Fair’s long awaited loyalty program is live at a few of the parks, including Kings Island. The program seems to be very simple now. They aren’t happy with the current program, but I have a feeling that this is in its infancy.

https://cpfoodblog.com/new-cedar-fair-rewards-program-pass-perks/

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VekomaRulz said:

It looks like the program varies by park. Kings Island and Dorney's rewards look similar with Dorney also having bring a friend tickets as rewards. 

Kings Dominion has no rewards, just entires to win a VIP experience:

https://www.kingsdominion.com/tickets-passes/season-passes/pass-perks

Sounds like they are experimenting with a few different ideas to see what sticks. Will be interesting to see what they go with in the long run.

• Like 1

My three friends and I that have been Platinum pass holders for 12 years have not gotten an e-mail either.  Appears the new program still has some glitches that hopefully can be fixed soon (otherwise the new program may be doomed like the last perks program.)

• Like 1

I'm signed up for the newsletter. I got the newsletter this week which mentioned the program.

I went into my account and confirmed that it is linked to my pass, although when I try to add other family members it asks me for their email address and birthday... Which I put in but then nothing happens and I can't "see" that they are added to my online account.

I've got 10 visits this year, and haven't received any type of activity email confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got a pass perk!

C15C7DBF-68CA-4E43-9EF5-6B5B43B620E7.png

By the way, as someone who has more experience than most in the development of loyalty programs I can tell you that this, as it stands now, is the laziest thing I have every seen. Here’s to hoping that they build on this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

^that looks too much like the "rewards" that used to pop up in the app in the notifications section...which ended up being exactly like this - discounted food and BOGO stuff lol...at this point it almost looks like nobody realized they had these available in the app because they were "hidden" so they moved them over to an e-mail driven system to drive sales?  I sure hope not...

If this program doesn't give the rewards similar to FUNPerks it will be deemed a bigger failure....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

^that looks too much like the "rewards" that used to pop up in the app in the notifications section...which ended up being exactly like this - discounted food and BOGO stuff lol...at this point it almost looks like nobody realized they had these available in the app because they were "hidden" so they moved them over to an e-mail driven system to drive sales?  I sure hope not...

If this program doesn't give the rewards similar to FUNPerks it will be deemed a bigger failure....

FUNperks wasn’t a failure. It never made it out of beta. Most of it ceasing had more to do with a regime change that the actual program itself. 

Again, I really really hope this is infancy for the program, otherwise... wow.

• Like 1

^True - I meant it was a failure in that it never made it out of beta - the idea and rewards were attractive and the variety that one could pick how to "redeem" points allowed flexibility in choosing which reward best fit your needs - so if you wanted $20 off a season pass renewal or a free cabana or free merchandise or discounts off stuff you had the option to pick and choose based on your level...

I also know that at least one member of the forum posted a loophole he exploited that ended up having his pass scan as invalid so security could talk to him at one point about it lol...the computer programming of the FUNperks had lots of bugs and loopholes that were exploited by people for personal gain that I am sure aided in the decision to not make it out of beta...

• Like 1

b03cf20b34dcdf4f7d4ea91340a7de09.jpg

I got this one today. I assume since it says EXTRA that would be on top of the 10% off for the pass discount already. I just bought an expensive sweatshirt too. Shoot lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This looks to me like something created solely for PR, and in a way that will do nothing but increase per caps.  Utilize a game plan of giving away "rewards" that A)They know a majority will not use (bogo on a Slingshot ride) or that give a percentage off of a product or service that has such a huge built in mark up that it's affects on the park will be nil (Up to $50 off a premium cabana rental, or "an extra 10% off merch").  Perceived value at its finest.

^ You've just described every rewards program out there. Increasing revenue while also increasing perceived value is a win-win.

My first Pass Perk was the $50 premium cabana discount, which I am not likely to use. I would use the BOGO Slingshot or 50% off a slice of fudge, if I happen to get one of those.

• Like 3

Counterpoint.... if they truly wanted to show that passholders mean something to them, they would take their largest cash cow, Fast Lane, and give away a free one, or 50% off.  That is a program that costs them .0001% of its retail price, and it LOOKS like a huge win to someone who would normally not purchase the item, or even good enough of a "bargain" at 50% off, for them to justify paying 50% for a day of power riding.  Not intentionally trying to be a jagoff, just pointing out how much better it could be with how little effort, and in all honesty at a better rate of return both monetarily and appearance.

Edited "cost" to "price" to correctly make my point

• Like 2

Just now, IBEW_Sparky said:

Counterpoint.... if they truly wanted to show that passholders mean something to them, they would take their largest cash cow, Fast Lane, and give away a free one, or 50% off.  That is a program that costs them .0001% of its retail cost, and it LOOKS like a huge win to someone who would normally not purchase the item, or even good enough of a "bargain" at 50% off, for them to justify paying 50% for a day of power riding.  Not intentionally trying to be a jagoff, just pointing out how much better it could be with how little effort, and in all honesty at a better rate of return both monetarily and appearance.

And I think FUNPerks was going in that direction - many of the rewards were experience based that really didn't cost the park anything or much at all (exclusive use of the unused Eiffel Tower level for fireworks viewing with your friends, watch fireworks from IS Restaurant area with your friends, free cabana, free souvenir cup, etc.).  In my opinion, this program needs to offer experience based things like you said a free Fast Lane or free cabana or free front of the line for one ride, etc. in order for it to mean something to most passholders.  10% off something isn't going to cut it for most people I suspect. 

Now on the flipside, FUNPerks was based on how much you spent in the park (this was prior to meal plans, etc.), so the park was getting something out of it.  A passholder simply making a lot of visits but not spending any new money in the park due to all the season meal/drink/pics/FL plans they have doesn't add any value to the park in future quarterly statements except for an attendance count, so I can see why the rewards so far have a money exchange associated with it to increase per cap spending...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

And I think FUNPerks was going in that direction - many of the rewards were experience based that really didn't cost the park anything or much at all (exclusive use of the unused Eiffel Tower level for fireworks viewing with your friends, watch fireworks from IS Restaurant area with your friends, free cabana, free souvenir cup, etc.).  In my opinion, this program needs to offer experience based things like you said a free Fast Lane or free cabana or free front of the line for one ride, etc. in order for it to mean something to most passholders.  10% off something isn't going to cut it for most people I suspect. 

Now on the flipside, FUNPerks was based on how much you spent in the park (this was prior to meal plans, etc.), so the park was getting something out of it.  A passholder simply making a lot of visits but not spending any new money in the park due to all the season meal/drink/pics/FL plans they have doesn't add any value to the park in future quarterly statements except for an attendance count, so I can see why the rewards so far have a money exchange associated with it to increase per cap spending...

I THINK they believe increased season pass visits will be a driver of spending. Maybe that’s what their data indicates.

A good loyalty program encourages the behavior of repeat visits or increased spending. A great loyalty program does both. 

• Like 3