Pass Perks

BoddaH1994

I used my 50% off a caramel apple yesterday. The person I first asked about it wasn’t sure how to do it but at least recognized what I was talking about. She asked one of her coworkers who paged a supervisor, but before the supe arrived, a third young woman in the area said she knew how to do it and made it happen. And they cut it up for me, and I sat by the fountains, and ate the whole thing all by myself :)

• Like 6

On 6/10/2019 at 12:10 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

For the sake of conversation, here is a pamphlet for FUNPerks, which had a short life in 2010.

It wasn't 2010. It was 2012. I know because the pamphlet refers to Soak City and I also remember getting a bunch of free rides on Thunder Alley, which had already closed for the year, so they gave me five Beagle Bucks for each of them instead.

It had its hiccups as any new system does, but the implementation was considerably better than what we have with this system.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Honorarius said:

Is it only for home parks??? Or if I go to another park with my Platinum Pass, would I be eligible to earn perks???

I THINK it is for just your home park. I don’t know for sure. Honestly this is from corporate so a lot of KI people have the same questions you guys have.

• Like 1

One would think given the perks so far (discounts on buying stuff), that one would get said perks at each park they visit to try to entice additional spending at the non-home park...

If they aren't doing it I suspect it is a limitation in the software more than a policy decision...

If the intent of the program is to get home park season pass holder to spend more, then it seems that all season pass holders of the home park, in this case KI for me, (no matter how many visits) should have received at least one pass perk by now.  I have not received any pass perks yet despite multiple visits to the park and will stop in guest services to log a complaint on the program on my next visit (and my friends will be doing the same also) - we are not impressed with the roll out of this newly disorganized program.

2 hours ago, Honorarius said:

That's a bit disappointing... Shouldn't my time/money spent in the park be just as valuable as a local??? Hell, I spend far more at parks I visit than I do at my home park... Spent 2 days at KI last week, spent $125 or so just on merch over them...

I agree. But don’t take my word for it. I was just speculating. In fact, if they don’t encourage you to visit other parks than it’s kind of dumb. If it doesn’t work that way it will some day.

49 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Between a confusing program, nonsensical rewards, being email based, and a quiet roll out, I wonder what their redemption percentage is.

Would they even have a way to measure that? Seems like it is unlikely that it is really linked to you pass, I would assume they just have a supervisor "promo" the cost down. 

11 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Would they even have a way to measure that? Seems like it is unlikely that it is really linked to you pass, I would assume they just have a supervisor "promo" the cost down. 

You get a barcode for redemption. They can track which ones are used. So basically it’s (ones that have been used / ones that were sent out) as the formula. I bet it’s well below 1%.

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

You get a barcode for redemption. They can track which ones are used. So basically it’s (ones that have been used / ones that were sent out) as the formula. I bet it’s well below 1%.

Which leads to any kind of pass program being shot down in the future. They do a bad design and blame it on the guests. 

So I just received a pass perk yesterday. "Buy a Fast Lane wristband for $50. Save up to $20." I have several issues with this.

1: I haven't visited Kings Island which is my home  park and the park I bought my platinum pass through since the day After Coasterstock. I was there for 3 days that weekend Fri-Sun. I'm pretty sure this promo went into effect just days after my last visit. Only other Cedar Fair park I have been to since was Cedar Point for Coastermania. I don't think I can earn perks by visiting Cedar Point.

2. I have season Fast Lane Plus. So this perk is worthless

3. I think on some days my Fast Lane Plus would only be $50 due to my platinum pass perk. Maybe most days. Also making this Perk worthless. 

4. I know at the very most a Fast Lane Plus is only $85 at Kings Island on a Sat for non pass holders. That's the price I paid on Sat last Fall during Haunt. This doesn't seem like much of a savings anyways considering its only for a Fast Lane and not Plus. 

13 hours ago, fryoj said:

If knowing how big companies work makes you a cynical lady, sign me up!

If it helps, they hired a corporate person to oversee a loyalty program several months ago. We do not have details of what the program will look like, but I think it’s safe to say that this is in its infancy. I’m willing to bet that they’re pretty committed to getting a true, full fledged loyalty program off the ground.

7 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

So I just received a pass perk yesterday. "Buy a Fast Lane wristband for $50. Save up to $20." I have several issues with this.

1: I haven't visited Kings Island which is my home  park and the park I bought my platinum pass through since the day After Coasterstock. I was there for 3 days that weekend Fri-Sun. I'm pretty sure this promo went into effect just days after my last visit. Only other Cedar Fair park I have been to since was Cedar Point for Coastermania. I don't think I can earn perks by visiting Cedar Point.

2. I have season Fast Lane Plus. So this perk is worthless

3. I think on some days my Fast Lane Plus would only be $50 due to my platinum pass perk. Maybe most days. Also making this Perk worthless. 

4. I know at the very most a Fast Lane Plus is only $85 at Kings Island on a Sat for non pass holders. That's the price I paid on Sat last Fall during Haunt. This doesn't seem like much of a savings anyways considering its only for a Fast Lane and not Plus. 

As of last year, KI did not have a discount of FL+ for season pass (although CP did) so at least there is some benefit. I am assuming they’ll let you redeem the discount for a friend.  Might as well share, I guess.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...