Redesign any ride

RMBryan

If you could redesign any ride in the park which one would it be and why? How would you do it?

I would redesign SoB (I think this is going to end up being a popular choice). I would try to bring back the legacy of the beas to SoB. I would make it go through a lot of trees and make it go underground. It would have just one helix (like the second one in SoB). There would be many more smaller more hills so you could catch a lot of air time. I would definitely think about making more comfortable restraints for taller and larger guests.

of course the answer for me is SOB. However I don't think I would redesign the whole ride, but just the trains. They are simply too cramped. It really sucks for people 6 feet and over. More legroom, more padding, and new rolling stock would take the ride a long way. They should get GCI to come up with a design. Those coaster cars are nice.

I would not want SOB to be redesigned and be more like The Beast. Why? Because it would make The Beast less original. IMO, SOB is fine the way it is except for the trains. The fact is that SOB and The Beast are two totally different designs and styles. And it should stay that way. I honestly think that SOB travels entirely too fast to have small hills for air time. The only way you could really design a hill with air time at that speed would be to do something like Millennium Force's second and third hills.

If if were to change any coaster, it would be Flight of Fear...just to make it a little longer.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd let Great Coasters International redesign Son of Beast...and rebuild it. Would that be one popular ride, or what?

that would be AWESOME. Make it like Thunderhead at Dollywood...oh man that would be sweet! More airtime, more unexpected turns. you're right, that would be one popular ride! wink.gif

About inversions on Top Gun. While that would be cool, it is not possible. Arrow originally intended to have inversions on their suspended coasters but they later found out it isn't possible. Something to do with the swinging of the cars...and that's our history lesson of the day, folks. tongue.gif

I would replace Son of Beast's trains with GCI Thunderhead Trains. They are so comfortable and smooth and the restraints are great. The bad thing about that though, is that 1 trains only holds 20 people where a SoB train holds like 36 people, I think. I would also lengthen the brake run with another block brake so it could run 3 trains on the course.

Top gun, make it longer, less of a walk, not seating but seats were your feet hang like faceoff, and give it some loops and corkscrews to make it feel like your actually flying not just getting jerked around

If it did, it would no longer be a suspended coaster, it would be a suspended looping or inverted coaster. This is not what they had in mind. Crosscountry4891 is correct about the inversions on TG.

I'd let Great Coasters International redesign Son of Beast...and rebuild it. Would that be one popular ride, or what?

No, it wouldn't make a difference if GCI had designed it to begin with. SOB already had a great designer in Werner Stengel. You should check the guy's credits out. He is responsible for many great and recognizable designs. The problem is not the design, but the trains. Now, maybe GCI could design them a new train, but how expensive would that be? It would only be worth the cost if the new train would greatly enhance the ride experience which would equal more ridership. If not, there is really no point in redesigning the train.