Grand Carnivale prep thread

BoddaH1994

As the Grand Carnevail celebration kicks off in just over two weeks, it would be fun to start a thread about the preparations for the celebration as it will be a large and interesting event.

1153FF2E-AB5B-4027-AF91-9ABDFC906422.jpeg

8F24C16D-5A7F-4F04-A9C9-B6E4F30CD68C.jpeg

Some floats have been parked by the Timberwolf. These are from Kern. 

Lots of more info here:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/may/grand-carnivale-set-to-debut-june-15

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

The International Restaurant has been decorated for the Carnival, even though public can’t get up there (yet?). I spotted these giant feather displays all along the insides of the windows as I left the parkE0FDB63C-2D9A-43C7-958D-8A470BD1D5CB.jpeg

Sorry for the blurriness 

I believe that was just there so they could take a photo promoting Grand Carnival (They posted a photo of I street and the feather thing on social media.)

12 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

Indian-inspired food at Kings Island during an international festival with a parade and possibly a custom score-d nighttime show?! I think I just heard the hallelujah chorus. This is the kind of stuff I daydream about the park getting.

Everyone I’ve talked to seems to think this will be the granddaddy of ‘em all.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Everyone I’ve talked to seems to think this will be the granddaddy of ‘em all.

Hope it has a little kick to it.

53 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

Indian-inspired food at Kings Island during an international festival with a parade and possibly a custom score-d nighttime show?! I think I just heard the hallelujah chorus. This is the kind of stuff I daydream about the park getting.

Yes, but will the food...

• Actually be any good?
  • Actually be available?
  • Be prepped and delivered by adequate staffing?
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

They have a try 6 food items for $30 pass on the website 

I really don’t think that sounds like too bad of a deal.

1 hour ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Hope it has a little kick to it.

• Actually be any good?
  • Actually be available?

From what I understand they are dumping most of their resources into this. Typically they do well with this sort of thing as far as quality and staffing goes because it’s the focus of the time.

1 hour ago, Gordon Bombay said:

• Actually be any good?
  • Actually be available?

Listen. I know the answers to those questions. Don't ruin this for me. I'm enjoying the fantasy of this going well, okay? :P

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

Listen. I know the answers to those questions. Don't ruin this for me. I'm enjoying the fantasy of this going well, okay? :P

haha, totally get it. And I hope they pull it off well. Food at the park should be unique and an experience just like everything else. They've made great strides over the years. Just need to maintain and deliver on their goals.

681A8AC2-EF31-447D-8B50-C5C313017A13.jpeg

International parking only, please.

54714EB7-4F38-4382-B2A6-BAED138E7926.jpeg

If you put big letters on towers it tries to convince me that I’m excited.

BDB7CE47-F967-4120-82CF-F744B46B5748.jpeg

Okay, maybe it’s pretty awesome.

1558C6C8-DA06-4CD1-967F-58EC3966F3A4.jpeg22E667C9-C3E4-418B-8C2D-473436956F80.jpegFA8E710F-C3C9-45B2-B186-8CEA109B57CE.jpeg

The China section (Tower Gardens) has a setup with a stage, decorations, and whatever that is in the 3rd picture.

This is next level stuff. Seems like more decorations are being added on the daily. Don’t forget that Grand Carnivale starts this Saturday June 15th!

• Like 3

I am so upset that I'm going to miss this. It looks like it is going to be such a fun an unique thing to happen at KI. I can't wait to see everyones pictures and videos! Also, the thing in that last photo looks familiar, I feel like I saw that at Haunt last year somewhere near I-Street.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phantom Theater said:

I am so upset that I'm going to miss this. It looks like it is going to be such a fun an unique thing to happen at KI. I can't wait to see everyones pictures and videos! Also, the thing in that last photo looks familiar, I feel like I saw that at Haunt last year somewhere near I-Street.

Maybe it was used in the Bayou themed haunt.

They will use the Hell out of those internally lit sign holder things won’t they??!?  Haunt...Winterfest...Carnivale. They look a little like giant lit trash cans! Seriously though, it’s looking like this is going to be taking it to the next level. 

• Like 1