Is it ilegal to be on a call and show them a ride at Kings Island?

-Bookat-

I want to bring my friend to Kings Island (They live far away and cant come) so I had and idea and be on a call and ride a ride, but I have this one of though necklaces that you can carry your phone with can I do that? or is that illegal... and there pictures of what im talking about

f-r-iphone-7-7-plus-schwimmen-tauchen-wasserdicht.jpg

In the state of Ohio you are required to follow ride operator instructions, which at Kings Island all lose articles need to be secured in a cargo pocket, left with a non-rider or left in a bin. A neckless like that would almost certainly not be permitted on a ride.

Also Eiffel Tower videos.

Your friend should go to the park's YouTube channel to take a virtual ride on the coasters, since safety rules forbid picture taking or phone use of any kind on rides except for the train and Eiffel Tower. If you buy FunPix, you will be able to share photos of you on the rides.

Hope you enjoy your visit!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, malem said:

Also Eiffel Tower videos.

Your friend should go to the park's YouTube channel to take a virtual ride on the coasters, since safety rules forbid picture taking or phone use of any kind on rides except for the train and Eiffel Tower. If you buy FunPix, you will be able to share photos of you on the rides.

Hope you enjoy your visit!

This, there are POV videos all over youtube of every coaster in the park. It's very much worth checking those out, as your cell phone facetime video will be a bouncy horrible mess that includes all of the air time hills where the phone on a tether comes up and smacks you in the face. 

• Haha 1

Amusement parks own the exclusive rights to their on ride video, and you are required to get permission from the park in order to record of take pictures during a video. It is indeed illegal. This is directly from KI's FAQ portion of their website "Guests taking pictures or video while riding may be asked to leave the park with no refund given and a misdemeanor under O.R.C. 1711.551."

I would stick to sharing the experience with your friend via official videos posted on youtube and such.

1 hour ago, KIngpin said:

Amusement parks own the exclusive rights to their on ride video, and you are required to get permission from the park in order to record of take pictures during a video. It is indeed illegal. This is directly from KI's FAQ portion of their website "Guests taking pictures or video while riding may be asked to leave the park with no refund given and a misdemeanor under O.R.C. 1711.551."

I would stick to sharing the experience with your friend via official videos posted on youtube and such.

The on ride video thing is about safety and has nothing to do with video rights. 

"For safety reasons, we cannot permit on-ride photography of any kind on any ride other than the Eiffel Tower and the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad. Due to the potential for water damage, White Water Canyon, Congo Falls and Race for Your Life Charlie Brown riders should leave their cameras and other valuable items with a non-rider or in a locker. Use of camera phones or any type of photography or video recording devices is prohibited in any rest room or Soak City changing area.

Guests taking pictures or video while riding may be asked to leave the park with no refund given and a misdemeanor under O.R.C. 1711.551."

On 6/3/2019 at 4:38 PM, KIngpin said:

Both can be and are true. Safety is obviously a top concern, but the rights of the ride are also a factor.

I think @fryoj is right on this, it's safety. I really don't see how protecting the "rights" they own to videos of their coasters is a concern for them in any way. If it was there would be a lot of Youtube channels out there right now with copyright strikes from CF. Keeping a bunch of jackasses from accidentally tossing phones off of Diamondback or Wind seeker on the other hand...yeah I can see why they wouldn't want that.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 9:07 PM, Ben43065 said:

A neckless like that would almost certainly not be permitted on a ride.

I can see why. That would be quite a mess for the maintenance team...:P

Putting that typo aside, if the park does not want you to film on rides, those are their rules, and you should follow them.