Food At PKI

morganff102

Ok we all know what everyone's favorite coasters and flat rides and such are. But what are everyones favorite places to eat throughout the park? Whether or not it's to sit down for a meal, or just a quick bite to eat. Don't forget about the sweet treats. So post up your favs and let's see what is most liked at PKI.

As for real food it'd have to be Mandarin Cuisine (General Tso's Chicken) or a Bacon Cheeseburger from Festhaus, the one I had last year was very good.

As for a sweet treat it would have to be blueberry ice cream. I usually get two while visiting.

Why has nobody mentioned King's Island's famous funnel cakes? No trip to the Island is complete without a funnel cake!!

Famous? How in the world are they famous, you can get them anywhere!

Pshh...they're famous in my book. I personally don't think I've had a better funnel cake. (Like the park uses some "special mix"...)

• 3 weeks later...

Amen to the funnel cakes...I got Sweet and Sour Chichen from Mandarin and I have to say, I wasn't terribly impressed. Then again, I live south of Dayton, where us folk are spoiled with possibly the best Chinese food in the state of Ohio.

No wonder you weren't impressed, Sweet and Sour Chicken isn't real Chinese food by my book! Actually alot of the food isn't in the chinese joints you find in town. Head on over to a Bamboo Club or PF Changs and you'll find the real stuff. Real chinese food is alot more dry than what you get at those small places.

Yea most of the chinese places in the country are like calling taco bell mexican food haha. I cant remember the name but one of my friends family owns a authentiac vietmanese (sp?) restauraunt here ive ate their a couple times. Its ok but id rather have the american-chinese food haha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't live close, so that's why I love LaRosa's Pizza. When I was first going to King's Island, my family usted to hit up the LaRosa's pizza firt thing when we got there. Still one of my fondest memories of the early KI (Pre-Paramount).

Although, on my last trip, I got some popcorn chicken at the Potato Works that was pretty good. Most of the time, I like to get a waffle cone with soft serve vanilla. And, I just can't leave without a bag of cotton candy.

• 3 weeks later...