How much rain will shut down rides?

ThrillingAutumn

8 minutes ago, ThrillingAutumn said:

I have had a trip planned for Fathers Day for MONTHS we already have a hotel and everything. Of course it's supposed to rain off and on with pop up thunderstorms. Should I cancel the trip and just eat the money I will lose?? or is it worth it to go on a rainy day?? Thanks!!

In May my family and I had a trip to Cedar Point where they called for rain every day about all day. It barely rained at all. So probably not unless you are certain it will rain enough to ruin the trip. Storms can also lead to low crowd days, the time you save with short lines can make up for time lost due to storms. 

19 minutes ago, matt112986 said:

In May my family and I had a trip to Cedar Point where they called for rain every day about all day. It barely rained at all. So probably not unless you are certain it will rain enough to ruin the trip. Storms can also lead to low crowd days, the time you save with short lines can make up for time lost due to storms. 

Its supposed to rain for the next 8 days lol I live in Indiana and its already started here. I was hoping they'd be wrong. I may just keep an eye on the sky and make last minutes choices. 

I've ridden Diamondback in a down pour before. The park was DEAD that day too, because the morning was rainy, so no one came. The afternoon was sunshine and gorgeous. We had a blast that day, other than an 80 mph ride where someone was shooting at us with paint balls effectively. LOL. It hurt, but it was fun. 

I've been many days when it's raining or storming.  In my experience, the stormy days aren't bad as the storms usually come and go and then everything starts back up.  I've been when storms were all around but never touched KI.  I always go regardless unless it's just a complete wall of rain and you know it's not gonna be dry 

On 6/15/2019 at 12:43 PM, matt112986 said:

Was that the last week of May?  We were there Tuesday-Thursday that week.  Wednesday and Thursday were amazing!  We went to bed the night before expecting a wash out the next day and woke up to nothing!!!  So dead on Thursday that they were letting us get off Dragster and get right back on :) 

2 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

Was that the last week of May?  We were there Tuesday-Thursday that week.  Wednesday and Thursday were amazing!  We went to bed the night before expecting a wash out the next day and woke up to nothing!!!  So dead on Thursday that they were letting us get off Dragster and get right back on :) 

Yeah, did the same thing on Millennium Force. Even Maverick was walk on at times. Only bummer was how much Steel Vengeance was down.

1 hour ago, matt112986 said:

Yeah, did the same thing on Millennium Force. Even Maverick was walk on at times. Only bummer was how much Steel Vengeance was down.

Yeah.  We did get to ride it twice.  We waited almost 3 hours on Tuesday.  We were in the line when it shut down for the rain.  On Thursday we got in line pretty close after it opened, and waited about 45 minutes.

On that note, I do find it pretty sad that Cedar Point can't get the Best Coaster of 2018 opened before 1.

3 minutes ago, matt112986 said:

I went up yesterday after work and it wasn't bad, stormed for about an hour. They did shut down at 9 though.

I had a great time watching from the international restaurant as people ran for cover when it started pouring down rain. Nobody knew it was open, apparently, because my dad and I were the only ones up there aside from the bartender.