Front End or Rear End?

TheKlockster

I personally like to sit in the front. It seems the forces aren't as extreme, but it makes up for it in the way that there is NOTHING in front of you. Just air and track! I think that makes the front the most fun seat on the train. If I can choose, I always like to sit (in the front) but on the side that is toward the exit. I get on, skip the first seat and get on the other one. I guess you could call it the drivers side, even though there is no driving! laugh.gif But the only time I dont ride the front is if there is such a crowd that I dont feel like waiting the extra time for it.

Youre right on that, you definately go faster and rougher in the back! I just dont like riding there cause all you see is the person in front of you, especially on TG. The track and all that stuff are above you, the car is below you, and somebodys head is in front of you. So in the front I think its a little more intense, visually. But I do ride in the back on AE because there is a noticible difference in the experience - and the front is kind of boring when you have done it as many times as I have.

I was also wondering, do you get to pick your seat on DZ, or is it assigned like on Delirium?

It really depends on the ride

Face/Off if alone, ends, if a group, middle

SoB: front car, second seat

Top Gun: front

Racer: front of train (front of Racer, back of recaR)

FoF: last seat

Vortex: last car, front seat

Beast: front seat

As you can see, they are all different, so I had null vote.

I was also wondering, do you get to pick your seat on DZ, or is it assigned like on Delirium?

It's all assigned. And just a reminder PLEASE remember your seat numbers. It does get a little annoying when you were given a seat number, and you find someone already sitting in it, who has forgotten theirs. (it's happened to me a few times.)

it's all dependant on the ride...

on Delirium any seat's fine.. um.. DZ i prefer facing out towards the center of the park (not the parking lot) but i'll still enjoy my ride either way. Vortex i usually sit in the way back, beast i sit in first available, racer middle to back, AE back, SOB back (middle row..not on top of wheels!), FOF first available, F/O anywhere where i can face my friends (first available when alone), TR:TR i love the second row somewhere in the middle..i hate being on the sides for some reason. TG towards the back but i'll take first available too (that ride's not all that great no matter where you sit wink.gif ) and that about covers it all.. probably anything else i'll just sit wherever if i even ride anything else

What do you do when someone takes your seat?

When someone takes your seat, and you're by yourself, you might end up sitting elsewhere on the ride. But, if you came in a group and someone else is sitting in your seat with your group, we can move some people to accomodate you.

Are the seat numbers random or is there a reason/method for doing them?

The seat numbers are usually not random. It sometimes depends on the person who is giving them, but usually we count in order. (I tend to count backwards, but that's just me) Sometimes if you forget your seat number, ask the person in front or behind you what theirs was, and you could figure it out from there.

I usually sit in the very back seat, especially The Beast.

Two execptions:

Top Gun in the very front, feels more like your actually flying.

FOF: Very front. The first time I ever rode it, I rode in the very back and got off of it with a severe headache. So I stick to the front seat now.

But if the lines are outrageously long, I usually go in the middle towards the back.

• 3 years later...
I like both, but do like the back seats of coaters. I'm a 7-1 Vortex rider all the way.

Me too!!! Vortex must be ridden in the back!!! Getting pulled over the first drop and through the loops feels awesome. The airtime on the first drop is very good. I love seeing my neck chains floating in front of me. Other caosters vary... Flight Deck is best in the front for the visual and because there really isn't a lot of difference in intensity between the front and the back. On woodies the back is the best, except SOB which is too rough in the back and the restraints always staple you in. I prefer the first or second car......

I rode it last year in the front and back. Althought the front may be painful, I found the back to be worse. But it did improve at the end of last year and when I rode it on Sunday it seemed just as good as it was at the end of last year. Maybe I should try the back again because I haven't ridden back there recently......

I like the front on most everything...

I get how these kids say the back is faster... It FEELS faster... when it's just that as soon as you hit the top of the lift hill, you're off and going straight down. Plus all that weight in front of you... crazy. I like the front so I can see what's coming... esp on Top... er... FD (fights twitch urge), The Beast, and I like the ends on Invertigo (man, that sucks to type, Face/Off was so much EASIER)... completely different feeling!

deb

• 4 weeks later...

I like the front better, just because you can see everything around you and in front of you. Its a great feeling when you crest the top of the lift and look over the top of the first drop and you see how far your going to go down. Then when your at the bottom the speed of being pushed from the rest of the trains weight is great.

I'm a front seat kinda guy, but from time to time I like to change it up. I have done back seat on all my favorite coasters, and there is a big difference. A few weeks ago a friend and me rode the back seat of Vortex for the first time; it was weird and cool how your pulled thru the inversions, I wasn't planning on that!

Oh, and I did SOB in the back seat once..... once.

It definantly depends on the coaster, although front seat is awesome on pretty much every coaster. But on wooden especially SOB and The Beast I normally sit near the front unless it is really corwded, which in that case I will settle for a seat more towards the middle, but back on a woody for me kills. On a steel though I like sitting near the back for more airtime. Almost everytime I ride Vortex it is in the back just so I can get a second or two of weightlessness, but front on a steel is still a good thrill too, cause you don't have anything in front of you.