Kings Island losing B&M?

SonofBaconator

7 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

^^ A dive coaster where The Bat is right now would be pretty cool. Just like The Bats hill right now drops down into ravine a bit. That gives you a more spread out look.

As the skyline currently exists.  That will change much in the coming months.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

^^ A dive coaster where The Bat is right now would be pretty cool. Just like The Bats hill right now drops down into ravine a bit. That gives you a more spread out look.

As much as I love The Bat, a very long (orange, or maybe green) floorless coaster with a drop that used the terrain would be (IMO) a worthy replacement. Specifically, I’m picturing a wide right turn (near where the current station is) leading to part of the ride that would take up where most of The Bat’s turns are now (like from where the cars swing close to the exit and to the futherst turn by Banshee).

• Like 2

With my son reaching 48'' I have fallen back in love with The Bat. It is extremely enjoyable and smooth while fitting nicely into the terrain. As great as Vortex is to look at, it is just not fun to ride anymore and it seems like its plot of land would be easier to use than The Bat's.

• Like 5

Well I would love another launch coaster, I don't see us having a third one (see multilaunch coaster thread) anytime soon. A lot of coasters we've gotten recently have been there as replacement coasters for other rides like Banshee and the 2020 coaster and I hope we get off that trend because I wouldn't want to lose any coaster. 

I wholeheartedly believe however that if we were to get a new coaster it would be towards the Action Zone area just to maintain the attraction triangle in the park. If you notice in terms of coaster additions at flip-flops pretty significantly. I call this the "triangle theory":

Coney Mall/Xbase gets Firehawk in 2007

Rivertown gets Diamondback in 2009

Action Zone gets Banshee in 2014

Rivertown gets Mystic Timbers in 2017

Coney Mall/Xbase gets coaster in 2020

With that being said I think that our next big coaster will come to Action Zone and if we're going by current logic it would most likely replace Invertigo and Congo Falls

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Well I would love another launch coaster, I don't see us having a third one (see multilaunch coaster thread) anytime soon. A lot of coasters we've gotten recently have been there as replacement coasters for other rides like Banshee and the 2020 coaster and I hope we get off that trend because I wouldn't want to lose any coaster. 

I wholeheartedly believe however that if we were to get a new coaster it would be towards the Action Zone area just to maintain the attraction triangle in the park. If you notice in terms of coaster additions at flip-flops pretty significantly. 

Coney Mall/Xbase gets Firehawk in 2007

Rivertown gets diamond back in 2009

Action Zone gets Banshee in 2014

Rivertown gets Mystic Timbers in 2017

Cody Mall/Xbase gets coaster in 2020

With that being said I think that our next big coaster will come to Action Zone and if we're going by current logic it would most likely replace Invertigo and Congo Falls

Oktoberfest would like to have a word with you.... But yeah Action Zone could definitely use another ride, where ever the next coaster go’s it better not be in Rivertown, currently 3/4 best rides in the park are all in the same section.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm not saying that I think you're wrong here, but I really hope you are. I can totally see the logic behind getting rid of Invertigo (despite the fact that I actually like that ride), but Congo falls would be sorely missed by myself and my family. The park gets so darn hot in the summer and Congo Falls is a surefire place to get cooled off. I wouldn't be happy if they removed it...especially if they just ended up putting a wing or something in it's place. Now, if it was a ground up RMC we can talk.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Even though I'm not a fan of Adventure Express, I don't see that happening. Also it's breaking the 11th commandment on here. 

Yeah, I don't get the love for AE here. It is what it is though. It really doesn't work for RMC anyway. That location would be the general location where I'd put the next crowd eater. Either that or RMC Racer which makes more sense, but is less likely to happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joshua said:

True, but they also have the old SOB land they could use. 

They could access the Son of Beast land by removing Adventure Express. It would be hard to fit the entrance and beginning to the rolle coaster in between The Bat and Banshee. They could definitely do this, but I don’t see them cramming in things when they don’t have to.

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

They could access the Son of Beast land by removing Adventure Express. It would be hard to fit the entrance and beginning to the rolle coaster in between The Bat and Banshee. They could definitely do this, but I don’t see them cramming in things when they don’t have to.

I think Mystic Timbers shows they will since it certainly didn't have to be crammed on top of White Water Canyon.

14 minutes ago, matt112986 said:

I think Mystic Timbers shows they will since it certainly didn't have to be crammed on top of White Water Canyon.

But when you have three rollercoasters side by side by side, there will be way too many people in that area of the park. The entrance to a new coaster would have to be directly beside The Bat’s entrance which would lead to confusion. It is different having a wooden roller coaster and water ride next to each other (or on top of one another).

40 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

But when you have three rollercoasters side by side by side, there will be way too many people in that area of the park. The entrance to a new coaster would have to be directly beside The Bat’s entrance which would lead to confusion. It is different having a wooden roller coaster and water ride next to each other (or on top of one another).

It already was the entrance to a roller coaster right next to The Bat and through its exit. I don't think the park is very concerned about it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, matt112986 said:

It already was the entrance to a roller coaster right next to The Bat and through its exit. I don't think the park is very concerned about it.

It was Paramount who did that... Cedar Fair might want to go a different direction.

36 minutes ago, SonOfBeast1979 said:

Off topic but has anyone else got shot up the nose from Diamondback water in the back during the splashdown, pleasant experience today. At least it was open all day lol

I have never had that happened to me, but hey, at least it was a pleasant experience! LOL!

Maybe a junior hyper from B&M?  Those can be fun.  I'd like to get an indoor flume ride or maybe even a Flying Theater.  There are some good dark rides that are available using the flume technology or even going with Dynamic to get the "scoop" ride systems.  However, that might be out of Cedar Fair's risk appetite.

Imo next coaster we should get is, and this way down the line obviously. Is a good looping, inversion coaster that utilizes a lift. We really don't have one that is tolerable to ride. It's really the only hole I see in the lineup.

14 minutes ago, NyTrO said:

Imo next coaster we should get is, and this way down the line obviously. Is a good looping, inversion coaster that utilizes a lift. We really don't have one that is tolerable to ride. It's really the only hole I see in the lineup.

Banshee just opened in 2014.

2 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

It was Paramount who did that... Cedar Fair might want to go a different direction.

I have never had that happened to me, but hey, at least it was a pleasant experience! LOL!

I'm aware that was under Paramount who proved it could work fine and was far less likely to cram in rides or have them interact with midways or other rides than Cedar Fair. If the infrastructure is there already and all they have to do is extend a lift over another coaster (probably using some steel bridging like Mystic Timbers) then I think they would be willing to take those steps. With rides like Mystic Timbers, Valravn and Yukon Striker they have proven that. And are certainly more willing than Paramount would have been in my opinion.

• Like 1

I wonder if it is possible to re-work the SOB portion of The Bat's path to maybe open it up some more. The reason I keep fixating on that SOB area is because it is a vacant spot and a lot of the coasters being volunteered for removal (AE, Invertigo, BLSC, etc.) are attractions I just don't think the part is ready to get rid of as yet.