Kings Island losing B&M?

SonofBaconator

I mean CF has removed Boomerangs at other parks so I mean who knows it could be gone at any time. I don't see it happening at KI ( unfourntly) haha due to the land its set in. Front of the park and who knows what else could fit there. Maybe a Infinity coaster? I think putting a coaster in the SOB area would need  so much work. They can't have the entrance in Action Zone due to foot traffic being crazy if they add another major coaster over there. I could see them adding a mid way in that area and connect it to X-base somehow behind AE.   

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I mean CF has removed Boomerangs at other parks so I mean who knows it could be gone at any time. I don't see it happening at KI ( unfourntly) haha due to the land its set in. Front of the park and who knows what else could fit there. Maybe a Infinity coaster? I think putting a coaster in the SOB area would need  so much work. They can't have the entrance in Action Zone due to foot traffic being crazy if they add another major coaster over there. I could see them adding a mid way in that area and connect it to X-base somehow behind AE.   

That is probably the best way for the park to go. I am just worried that they are going to have to take out another ride to add a new midway.

I wouldn't mind a midway behind AE connecting AZ to X-Base.  They could put a nice size coaster in the SoB lot and not have to worry so much about foot traffic in AZ. Then they can leave The terrible Vekoma alone until it reaches its life.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2019 at 10:11 PM, KIghostguy said:

Banshee just opened in 2014.

Sorry, I meant along the lines of Vortex considering that it's, basically unrideable at this point. But the more that I think about it, are any manufacturers even building those kind of coaster? Feels like everything, either has a gimmick e.g. Dive coaster, Inverted coaster, or Wing coaster. Or everything has a launch, such as what Mack, and Intamin are doing rn.

Even Vortex has a gimmick: the loops. 

Check out a vintage documentary called AMERICA SCREAMS.  I posted a thread about it at some point, but one segment hypes up Arrow and their looping rollercoasters. They also briefly discuss their next gimmick, the suspended coaster. 

It also shows footage of Screamin' Demon in action and is hosted by actor Vincent Price, an avid lover of amusement parks.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 10:35 AM, Maverick44 said:

The foot traffic in River Town is by far worse than any area in the park. I have never felt that Action Zone was overly crowded. River Town on the other hand feels like Disney sometimes. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, NyTrO said:

Sorry, I meant along the lines of Vortex considering that it's, basically unrideable at this point.

I understand your feelings for I know some who don't ride it, but we have some big fans of Vortex on KIC. Someone's unrideable is another persons favorite.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I understand your feelings for I know some who don't ride it, but we have some big fans of Vortex on KIC. Someone's unrideable is another persons favorite.

I think Vortex is totally hit and miss these days. I had an absolutely awful ride on it the first weekend of may where it was running super slow and just felt off, then a really decent ride on it a couple weeks ago.  It just depends.

• Like 2

Vortex it's very weather dependent. In the early season it takes a few weeks to about a month for the wheels to break in. Also Vortex runs a bit rough when it's really hot and humid out. Last Saturday in had a few rougher rides but this past Saturday it wasn't. I absolutely love Vortex.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I just watched this video and the creator said he opted KI since we only had 2 when the video was released.

After Orion I still think we'll be due for one more B&M-whether that's a floorless to replace Vortex, a Dive/wing near Banshee, a resurrection of the standup model, or something else.

I still think we'll get something from RMC and maybe another company but I don't think this is the last we've seen from B&M.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 2:26 AM, SonofBaconator said:

I just watched this video and the creator said he opted KI since we only had 2 when the video was released.

After Orion I still think we'll be due for one more B&M-whether that's a floorless to replace Vortex, a Dive/wing near Banshee, a resurrection of the standup model, or something else.

I still think we'll get something from RMC and maybe another company but I don't think this is the last we've seen from B&M.

There are very few claims I'm willing to proclaim with the utmost confidence regarding future installations at parks, but I can tell you this: standup coasters are not coming back.

Realistically, I think an RMC is the most likely next coaster, but I don't know where you would put it. I can't think of any rides that are large enough and either unpopular enough or difficult enough to maintain that it would be worth removing them for an RMC. I know some point to Vortex, but it still pulls nearly a million riders a year, putting it way up there on the list of popular rides.

I think Invertigo is the most likely next coaster to go, but I don't know what you'd put in its spot besides maybe a Larson Loop. Which would actually be a trade I'd be just fine with as long as the park doesn't try to advertise it as a coaster like the chain that numbers its flags...

43 minutes ago, homestar92 said:

There are very few claims I'm willing to proclaim with the utmost confidence regarding future installations at parks, but I can tell you this: standup coasters are not coming back.

Realistically, I think an RMC is the most likely next coaster, but I don't know where you would put it. I can't think of any rides that are large enough and either unpopular enough or difficult enough to maintain that it would be worth removing them for an RMC. I know some point to Vortex, but it still pulls nearly a million riders a year, putting it way up there on the list of popular rides.

I think Invertigo is the most likely next coaster to go, but I don't know what you'd put in its spot besides maybe a Larson Loop. Which would actually be a trade I'd be just fine with as long as the park doesn't try to advertise it as a coaster like the chain that numbers its flags...

I think if Invertigo comes down, Congo Falls will come down too. They can use the combined space of both rides and if they were to get rid of Timberwolf (which isn't the most likely), they have more space there too. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

If you're playing Roller Coaster Tycoon and bored of Vortex, that plot of land leaves a lot of room for a B&M Dive Coaster that's good, but not as good as the ones Canada and CP received. 

It would be so cool to have the dive holding break pointing out towards the tower so we get views of Dbacks Splash, Orion, and we dont have a lift hill pointing that way and it will be sooooo cool to have the huge lift next to WindSeeker.

On 7/2/2019 at 2:06 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Putting in a Midway behind AE to AZ imo would be very difficult to do because of Banshee. It's not like they can just plop a walkway underneath the coaster. 

I'd rather they open up a new path to Xbase here:

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 1.39.24 PM.png

• Like 4

4 hours ago, homestar92 said:

I think its a guilty hope of mine that they'll be improved and return.

I'd ride this in a heartbeat

• Like 1

Just now, SonofBaconator said:

I haven't but I've heard from countless enthusiasts that they're awful; however I also heard that Riddler's Revenge and Georgia Scorcher are both excellent rides so I don't know what to think of them. 

I’d ridden Mantis and Chang. Both were smooth but the forces were so intense that it felt like the discomfort to your legs outweighed the thrill factor.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

If you're playing Roller Coaster Tycoon and bored of Vortex, that plot of land leaves a lot of room for a B&M Dive Coaster that's good, but not as good as the ones Canada and CP received. 

Why wouldn't they be as good? Just curious as to why you would think so?  

Personally, I would be good with a floorless, dive or wing coaster at KI. Like others have said, the GP doesn't know the others even exist.