Kings Island losing B&M?

SonofBaconator

59 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I've heard the same thing as well. I wonder what makes RR and GS more ride-able than the others. 

Georgia Scorcher is barely over 100 feet tall which probably helps. It's quite a lot smaller and slower than Chang or Mantis. Riddler's Revenge, however, is very similar to those two that BoddaH1994 mentioned.

I would rather have a floorless than a dive. At Cedar Point Rougarou was much better than Valravn. I felt like CP dive coaster was just going thru the motions. A ground up floorless (especially in Vortex spot) I feel like could be a great large layout that is intense and fun. If they go with a dive coaster I feel like it needs more space than The Vortex spot to be great or it will be very lackluster. Someone correct me if I am wrong but has there been a ground up floorless. I feel like they are only for stand up conversions. 

3 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

I would rather have a floorless than a dive. At Cedar Point Rougarou was much better than Valravn. I felt like CP dive coaster was just going thru the motions. A ground up floorless (especially in Vortex spot) I feel like could be a great large layout that is intense and fun. If they go with a dive coaster I feel like it needs more space than The Vortex spot to be great or it will be very lackluster. Someone correct me if I am wrong but has there been a ground up floorless. I feel like they are only for stand up conversions. 

I also wouldn't mind a Dive with the inversions of a floorless. Imagine Hydra: The Revenge but with a dive

I'd betcha the next KI coaster will be a dive coaster.  They're relatively inexpensive for a steel coaster and they photograph well.  The GP seems to enjoy them too, although I personally think their meh.  I bet it will be within the next 5 years so long as the economy doesn't tank or something like that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KIBeast said:

Why wouldn't they be as good? Just curious as to why you would think so?  

Just a riff on how people feel Orion won't be as good as its contemporaries. I.E. — KI gets a Dive Coaster ala CP and CW, but just like with Orion, it's scaled back and "not as good" as the ones that came before it. 

*Not that I think Orion will be that way, just making a joke. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

Someone correct me if I am wrong but has there been a ground up floorless. I feel like they are only for stand up conversions. 

Dominator at KD, Hydra at Dorney, and Bizarro at SFNJ (NJFTP) are all ground up floorless.  Bizarro was my favorite of the three but the other two are also great coasters.  I would much prefer a floorless to a dive.

I agree that it would be tough to see it come down. Far worse than Firehawk. I, like some, have “retired” from the ride - but I come out of retirement for special occasions. If they were to replace it with a dive it would be kind of a “meh” trade off, but I would fully support something like Copperhead Strike.

Or an Intimin blitz!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know how I feel about a dive coaster, they’re fantastic supporting coasters but I’d kind of prefer a Launched Wing coaster after riding Thunderbird. As to where they should put it I say take out Invertigo and Congo falls and bam you have a fantastic front entrance coaster. I’d be incredibly upset if they remove Vortex for a cookie cutter Dive coaster, not worth it imo.

• Like 3

I would take a B&M floorless any day! They would probably have the next generation floorless trains with vest restraints which would be fine by me. Kings Island could easily smash records with something like a floorless too as none of those records have been broken in a long time. Or we could always get that B&M Surf Coaster or whatever that is supposed to be!

• Like 1

Maybe a giga dive coaster? One that dives into the ground and comes up somewhere else. Say it dives from where Invertigo is located under the main walkway, comes up on the casting office hammerheads back under the walkway and comes out back in the Action Zone area and continues its cycle.

15 hours ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

If Copperhead Strike is successful I can see a ride like that coming in next.

Count me in on this.  I think a lot depends on how well Copperhead Strike did this year in terms of maintenance, etc., but I think it is significant that they went with Mack for a new coaster. Copperhead Strike seems like it could fit in the Backlot Stunt Coaster footprint.  I've also heard nothing but good things about the Mack spinning coaster Time Traveler at Silver Dollar City.  I would take either of those over something from B&M as the next coaster. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Hueney020 said:

Someone correct me if I am wrong but has there been a ground up floorless. I feel like they are only for stand up conversions. 

15 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

Dominator at KD, Hydra at Dorney, and Bizarro at SFNJ (NJFTP) are all ground up floorless.  Bizarro was my favorite of the three but the other two are also great coasters.  I would much prefer a floorless to a dive.

Also Kraken at SeaWorld Orlando which I love.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Same but my only question is will our Dive and or Wing be the lesser of Valravn and or GateKeeper? Not saying Orion is lesser but smaller then CPs

yeah I see where you are coming from. That's the thing with B&M. I just do not see  Ki getting a wing with Holiday and CP that close. Now a dive or floorless I could see later on down the road. I am not sure why I can see any of them. I think B&M need something new. its always the same ol stuff from them.

• Like 1

What about the B&M flying coasters? Am I the only one that likes them over the Vekoma Flying Dutchman? I didn’t care for Firehawk because while waiting on the final brake run, the blood rushes to my head and gives me a headache. Also I don’t feel secure with their restraint system too. I always feel like I’m going to fall out.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

What about the B&M flying coasters? Am I the only one that likes them over the Vekoma Flying Dutchman? I didn’t care for Firehawk because while waiting on the final brake run, the blood rushes to my head and gives me a headache. Also I don’t feel secure with their restraint system too. I always feel like I’m going to fall out.

Manta at SeaWorld is fantastic....when its moving.. the break run waiting. Not as bad as the dutchmans but still not great dangling there. Very tight restraints. Im not saying GateKeeper or Banshee tight like it was not comfortable.

I’ve only been on one B&M flying coaster and that’s Superman: Ultimate Flight at SFoG. I actually like the vest restraints that B&M designed and I’ve never had a problem with them tightening up on me, especially on Banshee and GateKeeper. As for waiting in the final brakes while dangling, I’d rather have that than laying on my back at an incline and having the blood rush to my head.

• Like 2

I don’t see the purpose of a floorless coaster when we already have Banshee. A launch wing coaster or a dive coaster would at least provide a more different ride experience.

A floorless coaster is way different than an inverted coaster. Your feet a dangling over the track, where as an inverted coaster the track is above you.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Unless they have been to CP or other parks that have one or have watched Insane Coaster Wars or other coaster TV segments. 

You're talking about a possible few thousands among millions of patrons.  

I think this brings me back to wanting something different so there is less to compare too. Obviously B&M is all about reliability. Now that we have three I think something a little bit riskier would be great like how Cedar Fair took a chance on Mack’s multi launch. 

I know I said it before but Vekoma has some great looking concepts, S&S, and Chance Rides also have great potential so hopefully by the time it’s Kings Island turn for a coaster we could see something from one of them. Especially since it will be at least 4 years there would be enough time pass for those manufacturers to prove their coasters don’t have crazy maintenance problems. 

That also means if Cedar Fair doesn’t want to give Kings Island their RMC. I think everyone can agree we absolutely would love a RMC next. (Preferably a world record breaking since SteVe will no longer have any with zadra and gwazi coming)

I personally would love to see another attempt at a wooden hyper.  This time from a company that can actually do it.  RMC has said they can everything with topper track they can do with the I Box.  I think a ground up topper track RMC would be great at KI. plus they could add to the wooden track they already have.  We need wooden inversions. Lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

I personally would love to see another attempt at a wooden hyper.  This time from a company that can actually do it.  RMC has said they can everything with topper track they can do with the I Box.  I think a ground up topper track RMC would be great at KI. plus they could add to the wooden track they already have.  We need wooden inversions. Lol

If anyone can do it its RMC. I also saw an update from GCI who advised they are coming up with concepts of 200+ foot dueling coasters. I can't remember what video I saw it in. I think it was for IAAPA 2018 just notsure who shot the video. They had a scale model of this massive coaster with inversions and huge face to face lift hills. it would be amazing but needs lots of space.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

A floorless coaster is way different than an inverted coaster. Your feet a dangling over the track, where as an inverted coaster the track is above you.

I mean in my opinion they provide nearly identical experiences, large inversions no airtime. Dive coasters at least “hang” you over the drop & wing coasters provide a more unique experience (especially if they’re launched)

• Like 1

I mean in my opinion they provide nearly identical experiences, large inversions no airtime. Dive coasters at least “hang” you over the drop & wing coasters provide a more unique experience (especially if they’re launched)

Some of the larger inverted coaster do have bigger inversions, but ride any of the smaller ones like the Batman:The Ride clones. The inversions are smaller and more intense. Talon at Dorney Park is another B&M inverted that is compact and intense as well.

• Like 2