Kings Island losing B&M?

SonofBaconator

Count me into the group where variety is the spice of life.  

While I appreciate the reliability aspect of B&M, personally I feel a number of them have a distinct yet similar "ride feel".   

Having just been to KI this weekend and am currently at CP for a couple of days, I've noticed that I tend to prefer other non B&M coasters for something different.  

I could marathon Millenium Force and Steel Vengeance all day.  But GateKeeper, Raptor, Valravn, not so much.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Just a riff on how people feel Orion won't be as good as its contemporaries. I.E. — KI gets a Dive Coaster ala CP and CW, but just like with Orion, it's scaled back and "not as good" as the ones that came before it. 

*Not that I think Orion will be that way, just making a joke. 

Man, you hit that one right on the head.  I think if these people are going to be so disappointed, then stay out of Orion's line. 

@KIghostguy , I've been on Banshee, Raptor, and GateKeeper. The first two are nothing like the last. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KIBeast said:

@KIghostguy , I've been on Banshee, Raptor, and GateKeeper. The first two are nothing like the last. 

I've ridden all three as well. GateKeeper has the near-misses and beachfront location, but I personally think the ride feels just like Banshee.

Raptor was way too rough for me to enjoy or notice anything else about the ride experience.

• Confused 1

I can see where @KIghostguy is coming from. To me its how smooth they are. GateKeeper is very smooth and also very slow imo haha. Banshee is very smooth as well as for the feel of the ride. They are close to the same but Banshee is a way better coaster imo. I can only ride GateKeeper a handful of times before it starts to make me feel sick. I am not sure if its the B&M sluggishness going through inversions so slow it makes me dizzy sometimes. I would rather ride Fury and DB rather then a B&M that goes upside down lol That being said Banshee and Afterburn are amazing.

I'd like to see a Vekoma launched Motorbike coaster, maybe as an addition to Action Zone if they rethemed it to a forbidden forest type area.  Take the Motorbike concept and theme it to riding on the back of a wolf through the woods.  They could change the trains up to resemble wolves

• Like 2

On 6/22/2019 at 12:25 PM, SonofBaconator said:

It seems like a premature topic but I came to realizing that by 2020 we'll have 3 B&Ms. The only ones we'll be missing are a wing coaster, a floorless, and a dive coaster- all of which are at Cedar Point. Additionally a flying coaster seems unlikely as does their family coaster model. With the addition of this 2020 coaster, do you think Kings Island will be finished/taking a break from B&M? I don't see us getting other type of coaster model from them in the future but its not impossible.

Thoughts?

You do have a point. Kings Island has gotten 3 B&M's in 10 years. And I wouldn't be surprised if Kings Island didn't get a B&M for a while. But consider the possibilities of what taking a break from B&M could bring. New flat rides, a new woodie or two, refurbished Racer and Vortex, other odd and inns, new flat rides, etc. As we all know, for Kings Island the sky is the limit. So a break from B&M wouldn't be such a bad thing. Kings Island doesn't have to add a record breaking ride every few years. In my opinion, the park needs to increase and add a few flat rides. So they could use this "break" as an opportunity.

Also, Kings Island could use this time to build the most anticipated attraction since Orion:

Area 72 Bathrooms: The Ride

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Probably a fresh coat of paint, refurbishment of the tracks and supports to reduce the roughness, basically things along those lines.

And hopefully they can add some support structures to help prevent it from sinking any further....  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ben43065 said:

Probably the newer Vekoma trains, maybe repaint it and re-profile portions of the track? 

This will likely be a shock coming from me, but after riding Blue Hawk at SFoG, I think those trains would breathe a whole new life into Vortex as long as people manage their expectations appropriately. It will never be B&M smooth, but get rid of the headbanging and I think the ride experience will be more tolerable for a great many people.

I myself, am more than happy to continue riding it as is, though.

1 hour ago, homestar92 said:

This will likely be a shock coming from me, but after riding Blue Hawk at SFoG, I think those trains would breathe a whole new life into Vortex as long as people manage their expectations appropriately. It will never be B&M smooth, but get rid of the headbanging and I think the ride experience will be more tolerable for a great many people.

I myself, am more than happy to continue riding it as is, though.

I'd be fine keeping it as the view and the track type are so iconic. But I could also see another "looper" style coaster going in there. The land could make some cool inversions and honestly even an RMC could fit there if they ran it out twords the back of the park a bit. Something that would pay homage to The Vortex would make me happy though if it were to go.

18 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Because we enthusiasts like to talk and speculate

ehhh

18 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Maybe Orion will be the last B&M installed at this park until they expand into unchartered territory  well unchartered to B&M that is haha  

well see i would love to see "Area 72" as future expansion. 

17 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

The thread is just terribly named, what they’re asking is if B&M will ever build another coaster at Kings Island

Yeah thats true. I think we will see more at the park. 

12 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

well see i would love to see "Area 72" as future expansion. 

I agree. I am just not sure another B&M will go over there or anywhere for that matter lol. I mean the other models are meh. Other then the flying. Unless they come up with something new. Just imo.

• Like 1

Just now, Fye Coasters said:

who says it has to be a suspended coaster? and so we need more coasters in planet snoooooopp

As of now, B&M's family coasters are only suspended. It is possible they could make a floorless or sit-down version of the family coaster, but I honestly don't think that will happen since B&M has only been able to sell a small handful of family coasters. It's probably not in B&M's best interest to expand their family coaster lineup, but I won't throw out the possibility of another manufacturer such as Vekoma or Gravity Group building a family coaster for Planet Snoopy.

8 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

who says it has to be a suspended coaster? and so we need more coasters in planet snoooooopp

That would be fun haha. I would like to see a flyer comeback to that area. Fits in with the testing. Or a strata would be great there fits the theme. Could B&M risk going over 400 feet?