Next Coaster To Go?

FOF

If PKI takes out a coaster in the next few years, which one do you think they will take out?

I'm going to have to go with Vortex on this one. It's still a great coaster, but the land that it sits on is great real estate for a new coaster. I don't think that it will go soon though because PKI has plenty of room to expand. But when the time comes for PKI to take out a coaster I think they will take out Vortex.

I picked Top Gun also since it was the last of it's kind and it isn't very popular. The only time when it has a line is when the park is packed.

Anyway, I don't forsee any coaster being taken out in a long time. PKI takes out KC and then everyone thinks that PKI has to take out a ride all the time. PKI has plenty of room to expand.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe that anyone would think that AE would be the next coaster to go. The ride has the best capacity out of all the coasters in the park. The ride is efficient, I don't know of anyone who has waited in line for over 25 mins when the line has been full and they are running 3 trains. To do away with this ride would be devastating because it is a good ride for all members of the family.

don juan,

as a new poster to this site, please do not insult those of us who have been posting and discussing things like this for months now. i take offense to you calling any of the people on this site complete moron's.

As for next coaster to go, as much as i hate to say it i think it will be Top Gun. Top Gun is a great coaster, but its popularity has decreased great ly over the years. Even though there is still ocassionally a line, its a rare occurence. With all the advacnes in coasters since that one was built (Inverts were still new, and Flyers have come up) i could honestly see them in the future pulling out our version of Top Gun and refreshing it with new theming and a totally new design. (a nice b&m flyer or invert)

just my two cents... guess we'll just have to see what happens! :cowboy:

I can't believe that anyone would think that AE would be the next coaster to go. The ride has the best capacity out of all the coasters in the park. The ride is efficient, I don't know of anyone who has waited in line for over 25 mins when the line has been full and they are running 3 trains. To do away with this ride would be devastating because it is a good ride for all members of the family.

I agree. Most people don't know that Adventure Express is the most popular coaster in the park. The way Jeff was talking about AE, it seems like the coaster will stay there for a long time. Even if AE isn't the most thrilling coaster around, it still is very important to PKI.

Top Gun is not so popular anymore, i think the will remove the coaster soon...real soon. for one thing the coaster (Top gun) has been having some problems, the 2002 accident during the morning test run when the cars went off the track and its going through similar problems like The Bat. i think TG will be out of PKI in the next couple of years

I dont recall top gun's cars going off the track? If you mean when they hit the park truck during testing, that was entirely the fault of the employees for not checking there before they tested the ride. Still, I too think Top Gun is next to go. But it appears that it won't be going very soon. The way I see it, they wouldn't have bothered repairing the trains if they were getting rid of it. Besides, PKI doesn't have a huge need to get rid of things for space like CP does.

Top Gun is not so popular anymore, i think the will remove the coaster soon...real soon. for one thing the coaster (Top gun) has been having some problems, the 2002 accident during the morning test run when the cars went off the track and its going through similar problems like The Bat. i think TG will be out of PKI in the next couple of years

What are you talking about? Top Gun is more than likely the most reliable coaster PKI has. Not sure about being number one but defintely in the top three when it comes to least amount of downtime. Similar problems like The Bat? It has NEVER had problems like The Bat did. Please know what you are talking about before you open your mouth.

As a former crew member of the ride I can tell you that the ride IS one of the most reliable coasters in the park. The 2002 truck Vs Top Gun match didn't go to well. The park did invest in 4 new cars for the ride though. Also the ride runs very well. Arrows are known to be pretty reliable. X and Bat are 2 rides that were test rides and theres always a risk when you test a new concept.

Hypersonic XLC at PKD was a prototype for a ride. Paramount bought the prototype and it was plauged with problems. Donopla in Japan is a new version of the ride with the kinks worked out.

Vortex is a terrain ride even though it does not look like it. the land is very very hilly and it would be hard to use it for another ride. Plus Arrow coaster parts are WIDELY available. Vortex can eat people like no tomarrow

Adventure Express is the Most popular ride in the park. Its a people eater even with 2 trains. Once again its parts for the ride are widely available. The theming may be enhanced later on though.

Face/Off is still VERY popular as evidence of its line. Its one of 2 smooth Vekomas EVER!

I voted for Scooby's Ghoster Coaster because the line is always long and it is not much of a ride. If I could vote again I will say Top Gun because it is not much of a ride too. I hope they never take the Adventure Express, Beast, Beastie, Racer, Son of Beast, and Vortex because I think are classics, but they most likely will someday. B)

I think either Top Gun or Vortex will be the next to go. But, I don't see this happening for a long time like someone stated before, the parts are still available and they still give pretty good rides. Adventure Express should not go either because it is a good family/beginner coaster.