Mystic Timbers Theming Down

Magic41445

The automated theming elements of MT have been down for the past few days. It looks as if they have managed to at least default one of the projectors in the shed to something while the other is not receiving a feed. Does anyone know of the cause and when it may back up? As much as the the what goes on in the shed can be anti climatic, we don’t realize how much it can add to the experience until it’s non existent. Lol I even miss the prompt to not go in the shed on the lift hill.

• Like 1

That would explain it. As a technician I know that the worst thing that can happen is an unexpected surge or drop out of power....and of course a lighting strike is on a completely different level. Hopefully it’s not too costly and complicated of an issue. 

28 minutes ago, NyTrO said:

Ride seems to run fine, just amazingly anti climactic at the end lol. But then again no one's really riding it for the shed.

*Raises hand.  I think it adds a nice charm to the ride.  I'm almost always lip syncing or whistling to the radio.

I'm also sure @IndyGuy4KI would also like to chime in on this.

• Like 4

MT wasn't running when I was there last Friday morning.  Luckily, as I came out from lunch at MRB, it was testing, so I got in line.  They called with the OK, so I got a ride on the 1st train of the day.  Great ride, as always, but no effects.  Definitely not quite as good.  I might be the only one, but I think the shed is genius.  I think it's one of the cleverest things ever put in at Kings Island.  So many thoughtful details.  I love the radio...I think it's the exact one that I still have from when I was a kid!

• Like 4

It's actually kinda funny. The first time I rode MT I didn't like it and thought it would be better if they removed the shed element entirely. By ride 2 onwards I grew to enjoy it. So yesterday I rode it with the issues it's having, so basically getting what I wanted originally and I was disappointed to no projector. Be careful what you wish for lol!

On 6/24/2019 at 5:43 PM, silver2005 said:

*Raises hand.  I think it adds a nice charm to the ride.  I'm almost always lip syncing or whistling to the radio.

I'm also sure @IndyGuy4KI would also like to chime in on this.

Um, yeah! I love the shed. the mystery of what song you're going to get, and the anticipation of wondering if you're going to get the tree. Between that and the awesome ride experience, it's my favorite ride in the park.

• Like 2

To be fair, this was the first time I was able to get to ki since it was built. So I've never experienced the shed. Wasn't the biggest reason I wanted to ride it was a little disappointed that it wasn't working. But it didn't take away anything from the ride experience given that I'd never ridden it before.

20 hours ago, NyTrO said:

To be fair, this was the first time I was able to get to ki since it was built. So I've never experienced the shed. Wasn't the biggest reason I wanted to ride it was a little disappointed that it wasn't working. But it didn't take away anything from the ride experience given that I'd never ridden it before.

My buddy was the same way, I narrated the ride for him

I rode it yesterday and the effects were off, except the snake screen, which was in static mode, and the side screen which was halfway blue.  I love this coaster, but it takes having the effects taken away to truly appreciate it.  From no music in the queue, no AM radio in the truck, so security monitors, no truck starting up, etc, the themed elements really add a third dimension to the experience.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...