Mystic Timbers Theming Down

Magic41445

8 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I agree that this is a real problem throughout Kings Island. Maintenance let Adventure Express’s theming deteriorate year after year, and they just fixed it this year. Mystic Timbers and Orion are Kings Island’sr two newest rollercoasters, yet the theming upkeep has been minimal. Why pay for a custom IMAscore soundtrack if you aren’t going to play it? It is also worth noting that almost every single light doesn’t work on Banshee’ lighting package. In addition, while this doesn’t have to do with any rides, the Christmas lights lining the rooftops are in horrible condition. The lights on the Diamondback Trading Post, the Kings Island Theater, the Train Station, and parts of the Miami River Brewhouse are entirely out. I really hope Kings Island addresses these issues sooner rather than later.

I want the park to look the best it can--and I think they have done well with it given the circumstances.  It does suck that some things are seemingly neglected, but remember that the finances for  Kings Island and other CF parks (and I am sure many others) have got to be a grim prospect:  they basically lost a years worth of revenue of season pass, drink and meal plans.  Add in daily passes Funpix, lost ad revenue (FunTV) and associated in park revenues from these customers.  Then add in the increased cost of labor, construction materials, food, etc and  it's very scary.  Some burned out bulbs  pale in comparison.

Yes, I have been accused of being a company man, but I want the company to succeed. because if they do, I will be able to reap the rewards in a symbiotic relation ship.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

I'm sure glad everyone here is qualified to run an amusement park. 

What I read is people so passionate about Kings Island they want to see it's full potential reached and kept. I don't see any disrespect happening.

I am sure most understand that funds have to be allotted to do so, and not always possible/approved from corporate and not a particular departments fault.  I see nothing wrong with having dreams for the park, as long as we understand most of the time it is just that, a dream.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

What I read is people so passionate about Kings Island they want to see it's full potential reached and kept. I don't see any disrespect happening.

I am sure most understand that funds have to be allotted to do so, and not always possible/approved from corporate and not a particular departments fault.  I see nothing wrong with having dreams for the park, as long as we understand most of the time it is just that, a dream.

Agreed! People have ideas worth spreading. Some may be far-fetched or beyond CF budgeting but sometimes in a perfect world we like to say "If I owned a theme park..."

Trust me, I have hundreds of things I would love to change about Kings Island if I were in charge, including technical advancements and maintenance. But unfortunately we live in a world run by what you can afford, and we can see clearly what CF can and cannot do. 

The way I see it, a park is like a car. All shiny and new when purchased, but as time goes on things need work and a lot of money needs to be put into it to keep it looking and running great. When you upgrade the car with something new... in time that will add up the running cost on top of all the other things needed to make it run. 

In terms of Mystic Timbers and as a working technician, I'm unsure of the system they are using for the shed. But sometimes audio issues can stem from something larger that can be a costly refurbishment. It isn't as easy as you may think it is. 

The best Kings Island can do is add signs that explain certain features may not be running, such as what Universal does when in Technical Rehearsals for new rides. In the case of Mystic Timbers which heavily featured "What's in the Shed" into it's storyline, from a PR perspective I feel it is important to let patrons know if their experience will differ from it's original form.

I do recall in 2005 when I worked at Tomb Raider: The Ride we had a "Hot Set" sign in the event show elements were not used to place out in front. 

7 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The corporate approvals I can relate to, I've had POs for torque sockets for a production line rejected. A whole $13  just because corporate wants to "cut spending", but no socket no production lol

• Like 2

20 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

Great, great, great news!! The plaza and Shed music are both back at Mystic Timbers! Unfortunately, still no music in Orion’s station and locker area.

Hopefully this means they will be working on Orion next. The music in the area is without a doubt the thing that ties everything together.

• Like 1