Jump to content

Mystic Timbers Theming Down


Magic41445
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I believe the radio in Mystic Timbers’ shed hasn’t been working for about a week now, but the screens seem to be working fine. I hope the radio can get fixed soon because that is probably my favorite part of the shed.

I agree. It just doesn't feel right without the music. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The soundtrack hasn’t been playing in the plaza the past couple times I’ve been there. I asked the Greeter yesterday if it was broken or if someone forgot to flip a switch, and she said that there never was a soundtrack in the plaza! So in other words, don’t expect that to come back anytime soon. :(

On the bright side, if anyone wants to listen and/or record the truck audio, now is the perfect time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2019 at 4:40 PM, lifetimecoaster said:

 Well the theming allegedly is due to lightning. However, the Valravn thing, and the Diamondback thing.... those are concerning. 

What's going on with Diamondback and Valravn?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

The soundtrack hasn’t been playing in the plaza the past couple times I’ve been there. I asked the Greeter yesterday if it was broken or if someone forgot to flip a switch, and she said that there never was a soundtrack in the plaza! So in other words, don’t expect that to come back anytime soon. :(

On the bright side, if anyone wants to listen and/or record the truck audio, now is the perfect time.

I haven’t really payed attention to the soundtrack in Mystic Timbers’ entrance plaza recently, but I know for certain it was working in the beginning of the season along with the “do not enter” and “mandatory lockdown” voiceovers. I hope it still works or Kings Island fixes it if it is not working.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

The shed theming has been back working for a few weeks now… however the shed “fun” music never returned. The “radio” still turns on… but it just plays “creepy sounds”.

Does anyone here know why they stopped playing the music?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, chuck norris said:

The shed theming has been back working for a few weeks now… however the shed “fun” music never returned. The “radio” still turns on… but it just plays “creepy sounds”.

Does anyone here know why they stopped playing the music?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure it costs money to use those songs. Maybe that’s it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, chuck norris said:

The shed theming has been back working for a few weeks now… however the shed “fun” music never returned. The “radio” still turns on… but it just plays “creepy sounds”.

Does anyone here know why they stopped playing the music?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could save money during Haunt and just kill the lights and play the creepy sounds. Cheap and themed lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m sure it costs money to use those songs. Maybe that’s it?

Maybe… if so, that’s too bad… as they play copywritten songs all over the park, so it’s hard to imagine the right to a few more were a deal breaker.

If they had to change the songs, that would actually be a fun upgrade… but removing them altogether was sad for me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That would be a shame if it was a copyright issue with the shed's specific playlist.... When I rode Friday, I didn't hear the radio either, which I thought was odd...

...so I started singing parts of the songs myself! :P

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That would be a shame if it was a copyright issue with the shed's specific playlist.... When I rode Friday, I didn't hear the radio either, which I thought was odd...
...so I started singing parts of the songs myself!

My kids and I have done this the past few weeks. They pick a song (from the Former playlist) and we sing away.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The show quality on Mystic Timbers and Orion is embarrassing. The broken Shed music is just one aspect. The plaza music for Mystic Timbers also isn’t playing, and the last TV before going up the stairs has half of its screen burnt out. Over at Orion, the music doesn’t play in the station or above the lockers any more (although the speakers above the lockers DO still play the Kings Island Live app announcement). The light in the meteor doesn’t work anymore either.

I understand if things like these have problems for a day or two, but there’s no excuse for these things having been down/broken for a month at this point—especially on two showpiece rides for the park. 

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

The show quality on Mystic Timbers and Orion is embarrassing. The broken Shed music is just one aspect. The plaza music for Mystic Timbers also isn’t playing, and the last TV before going up the stairs has half of its screen burnt out. Over at Orion, the music doesn’t play in the station or above the lockers any more (although the speakers above the lockers DO still play the Kings Island Live app announcement). The light in the meteor doesn’t work anymore either.

I understand if things like these have problems for a day or two, but there’s no excuse for these things having been down/broken for a month at this point—especially on two showpiece rides for the park. 

Couldn’t agree more. If the theming was there to begin with you’d think there’d be a plan for upkeep! It’s an unfortunate situation that tends to repeat itself. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, beastfan11 said:

Couldn’t agree more. If the theming was there to begin with you’d think there’d be a plan for upkeep! It’s an unfortunate situation that tends to repeat itself. 

A big part of the problem is that ride operators are not trained on show quality. They are trained on whether or not the ride is running correctly, etc., but not trained on what speaker should be playing what sound and so on and so forth. Talking with employees, they had no idea that Mystic’s plaza or Orion’s station ever even had music…

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

The show quality on Mystic Timbers and Orion is embarrassing. The broken Shed music is just one aspect. The plaza music for Mystic Timbers also isn’t playing, and the last TV before going up the stairs has half of its screen burnt out. Over at Orion, the music doesn’t play in the station or above the lockers any more (although the speakers above the lockers DO still play the Kings Island Live app announcement). The light in the meteor doesn’t work anymore either.

I understand if things like these have problems for a day or two, but there’s no excuse for these things having been down/broken for a month at this point—especially on two showpiece rides for the park. 

Funny you should mention Orion's music... I was wondering where the station music was (as I heard Orion would have a specific soundtrack)! I don't know that I've ever heard it (and if I did, I don't remember).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The rumor that I have heard is the music in the shed will return.  It sounded to me to be a pretty simple case of the part broke and the replacement is on back order and will take a little while to receive and install.

Have not spoken with anyone regarding any other theming issues.  That people who work on the rides may not realize there is an issue is likely what prevents these problems from being fixed.  If no one realizes something is wrong and then does not reach out to the right party to fix it nothing is going to be done.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A big part of the problem is that ride operators are not trained on show quality. They are trained on whether or not the ride is running correctly, etc., but not trained on what speaker should be playing what sound and so on and so forth. Talking with employees, they had no idea that Mystic’s plaza or Orion’s station ever even had music…

The ride ops shouldn’t have to even think about things like this. This should be part of the maintenance team.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I almost wonder if KI is having music license issues this year. It could be a coincidence, but it seems connected to me that Mystic Timbers is having music issues at the same time that the park is known for playing the same 5 country songs on a loop throughout the park. I don't understand why the IMAScore soundtracks would be part of that, though--it seems like that would be a separate licensure from pop music, or I'd even guesstimate that the licenses for those were given to the park as part of purchasing those rides.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I almost wonder if KI is having music license issues this year. It could be a coincidence, but it seems connected to me that Mystic Timbers is having music issues at the same time that the park is known for playing the same 5 country songs on a loop throughout the park. I don't understand why the IMAScore soundtracks would be part of that, though--it seems like that would be a separate licensure from pop music, or I'd even guesstimate that the licenses for those were given to the park as part of purchasing those rides.

Ya know how McDonalds (prepandemic) wanted you to come in and eat and upsell you (it can be difficult to tell someone no to their face, but easy to a speaker)....and sit for just a little while so the decor was ugly and the seats were uncomfortable, and after eating people wouldn't linger?  Many teenagers do not like country music, especially the same songs on a 5 song rotation.  It might have been a trick to get these teens out of the park and decrease the chance of the troublemakers.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Ya know how McDonalds (prepandemic) wanted you to come in and eat and upsell you (it can be difficult to tell someone no to their face, but easy to a speaker)....and sit for just a little while so the decor was ugly and the seats were uncomfortable, and after eating people wouldn't linger?  Many teenagers do not like country music, especially the same songs on a 5 song rotation.  It might have been a trick to get these teens out of the park and decrease the chance of the troublemakers.

 

I don't care for some county music either, probably another reason I like when Haunt comes around, it's more recognizable for me.

I know it's also what has had us on the fence for Dollywood or Silver Dollar City though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 9:11 PM, KIghostguy said:

The show quality on Mystic Timbers and Orion is embarrassing. The broken Shed music is just one aspect. The plaza music for Mystic Timbers also isn’t playing, and the last TV before going up the stairs has half of its screen burnt out. Over at Orion, the music doesn’t play in the station or above the lockers any more (although the speakers above the lockers DO still play the Kings Island Live app announcement). The light in the meteor doesn’t work anymore either.

I understand if things like these have problems for a day or two, but there’s no excuse for these things having been down/broken for a month at this point—especially on two showpiece rides for the park. 

I agree that this is a real problem throughout Kings Island. Maintenance let Adventure Express’s theming deteriorate year after year, and they just fixed it this year. Mystic Timbers and Orion are Kings Island’s two newest rollercoasters, yet the theming upkeep has been minimal. Why pay for a custom IMAscore soundtrack if you aren’t going to play it? It is also worth noting that almost every single light doesn’t work on Banshee’ lighting package. In addition, while this doesn’t have to do with any rides, the Christmas lights lining the rooftops are in horrible condition. The lights on the Diamondback Trading Post, the Kings Island Theater, the Train Station, and parts of the Miami River Brewhouse are entirely out. I really hope Kings Island addresses these issues sooner rather than later.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I agree that this is a real problem throughout Kings Island. Maintenance let Adventure Express’s theming deteriorate year after year, and they just fixed it this year. Mystic Timbers and Orion are Kings Island’s two newest rollercoasters, yet the theming upkeep has been minimal. Why pay for a custom IMAscore soundtrack if you aren’t going to play it? It is also worth noting that almost every single light doesn’t work on Banshee’ lighting package. In addition, while this doesn’t have to do with any rides, the Christmas lights lining the rooftops are in horrible condition. The lights on the Diamondback Trading Post, the Kings Island Theater, the Train Station, and parts of the Miami River Brewhouse are entirely out. I really hope Kings Island addresses these issues soon.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...