IAAPA 2019

15 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

just registered to attend IAAPA for the first time. It should be very interesting. @Fye Coasters you going to come as well?

Figured we could create a thread for details we find out. I will be there posting under Coaster Conquest.

I would like to, i need to see what my schedule it like, i can never get off work for it. 

• Like 1

IAAPA is an incredibly interesting and fun, if exhausting, event to attend. If you haven't been and have the ability to go, go. If you're thinking in any capacity about working in the industry, GO.

The Celebrates event on (Thursday?) evening is always a memorably great experience. I've had some of my favorite memories with industry folks made at those events. You don't often find yourself waiting 10 minutes for Flight of Passage with Vekoma employees ahead of you, a past president of La Ronde making conversation with you, and Fred Grubb and Alan Schilke behind you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

IAAPA is an incredibly interesting and fun, if exhausting, event to attend. If you haven't been and have the ability to go, go. If you're thinking in any capacity about working in the industry, GO.

The Celebrates event on (Thursday?) evening is always a memorably great experience. I've had some of my favorite memories with industry folks made at those events. You don't often find yourself waiting 10 minutes for Flight of Passage with Vekoma employees ahead of you, a past president of La Ronde making conversation with you, and Fred Grubb and Alan Schilke behind you.

I am so excited to go! It will def be a learning experience!!

been there the last four years.  VERY overwhelming experience.  If you were to walk every inch of every aisle without stopping you wouldn't be able to do it all in one day and that's not much of an exaggeration.  

A certain BoddaH1994 and I have been there each of the last few years beating a particular drum... that has attracted the attention of a certain rodent.

IMG_3417.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outdoor Man said:

been there the last four years.  VERY overwhelming experience.  If you were to walk every inch of every aisle without stopping you wouldn't be able to do it all in one day and that's not much of an exaggeration.  

A certain BoddaH1994 and I have been there each of the last few years beating a particular drum... that has attracted the attention of a certain rodent.

IMG_3417.jpg

Have you been talking to a Mr. Chuck E. Cheese without me??? :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Outdoor Man said:

Working on project currently to address that question.

This is my first time registering. Its been a week or so does it normally take this long to be confirmed? I am waiting while they review my details I guess?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Did they make any indication of why they changed the name?

Manta's name has already been reused for Seaworld San Diego's Manta. They don't want another name re-used in the same park. This is just a guess. Everybody didn't like the name anyways.

A one trick pony name for a one trick pony coaster! :D