IAAPA 2019

On 11/19/2019 at 1:30 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Need this next season

I rode this twice today- it’s actually really fun! After you are loaded onto the ride, you get a cycle going one direction. After waiting in the air for the cars at the bottom to load, the rotation switches direction, and you get another “cycle” that is different than the first. 
Capacity didn’t seem to be too bad since they are consistently loading people on, versus something like our Monster which has to be loaded separately before they run a full cycle. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

So would it be safe to assume GCI is now a competitor for RMC? Are they saying anything about what this track can do like inversions and such?

Paging @DeltaFlyer

Yeah. I second this. I saw this on Twitter also. It came with a 10 second video but just of the track nothing about what they are going to do at fun spot. 

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

So would it be safe to assume GCI is now a competitor for RMC? Are they saying anything about what this track can do like inversions and such?

If you've seen their model for their racing coaster last year, they are making that track design for inversions. They made new train designs called Infinity Flyers and in their ride design, it has corkscrews and zero-g-rolls. I would not be surprised if GCI becomes one of the top manufacturers after this.

Midway mayhem has a YouTube video out that has a little bit more information. The plan is to do inversions but right now it will be installed on white lightening at fun spot. So it will be interesting to see who takes the gamble on installing a ground up coaster with inversions from GCI. 

• Like 1

Is it being installed on white lightning to make it smoother?

EDIT: Another question: Are they adding an inversion on White Lightning, cause if so, it wouldn't be a family coaster anymore. I'm sure hoping they add an inversion because Fun Spot Orlando needs a good extreme thrill coaster. They already have enough family coasters.

53 minutes ago, FitzGorrelCoasters said:

Is it being installed on white lightning to make it smoother?

EDIT: Another question: Are they adding an inversion on White Lightning, cause if so, it wouldn't be a family coaster anymore. I'm sure hoping they add an inversion because Fun Spot Orlando needs a good extreme thrill coaster. They already have enough family coasters.

No. The video states that they are retracking the coaster as is. No inversions or anything like that. So i would assume it is to make it smoother. 

Just to be honest, I think RMC will still do better. GCI may be the best all wood coaster manufacturer, but they haven't made a single steel coaster. RMC is still one of the best of the best (my favorite manufacturer), and will most likely beat out GCI, even if they are following RMC's footsteps.

24 minutes ago, FitzGorrelCoasters said:

Just to be honest, I think RMC will still do better. GCI may be the best all wood coaster manufacturer, but they haven't made a single steel coaster. RMC is still one of the best of the best (my favorite manufacturer), and will most likely beat out GCI, even if they are following RMC's footsteps.

I guess it will depend on how their first install goes.

GCI is one of those companies where I expect they'll do their homework and proper research that'll get their hybrid off the ground properly.  They have little to no snafus in their history and they build quality rides.  I think they're up there with B&M in terms of quality. 

5 hours ago, Hueney020 said:

Well it looks like Intamin has a new single rail coaster. Amusement insider posted something on twitter about it. Now we have competition with RMC’s single rail too now. Crazy world. 

Interesting indeed... first the RMC-like elements on coasters, then the hybrid track, and now the single rail...

Wonder what new designs RMC will come up with in response? To be fair, they say imitation is most sincere form of flattery. Either way, the future of coasters looks interesting...

12 hours ago, Hueney020 said:

No. The video states that they are retracking the coaster as is. No inversions or anything like that. So i would assume it is to make it smoother. 

I have to admit I haven’t ridden White Lightening in a few months. Last time I rode it I thought it was butter smooth. Has something changed?

8 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I have to admit I haven’t ridden White Lightening in a few months. Last time I rode it I thought it was butter smooth. Has something changed?

I have no idea. I am just relaying what midway mayhem was saying on youtube. They said it was going on white lightening. Everything reported so far has been very vague.