Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Well guys, after nearly 2 years of waiting, BGW is finally starting to tease their new addition formerly known as Project Madrid. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, in 2017 BGW filed a 315 foot height waiver under the name "Project Madrid". This lead people to believe that they were adding a giga coaster and a Spanish hamlet. No major developments happened for over a year, until this April, when the fan site BGWFans leaked the layout of a Intamin triple-launch coaster. In May, BGWFans announced that Project Madrid was officially dead and the Intamin had been ordered as filler. The park, for their part, have stayed silent on the matter.  However, that all changed yesterday when BGW's Twitter posted this:

 

 

It is a rather short video, and in it you can see a flag with a weird yellow symbol on it, followed by some Roman numerals at the end that say VII XXX MMXIX. In case anyone is wondering why I am mentioning this, it is because the Roman numerals are actually the date that the coaster is announced. VII is 7, XXX is 30, and MMXIX is 2019. Therefore, the announcement will take place on Tuesday, July 30. Another thing to take note of is the text in the Tweet itself. What do you think this coaster will be called? Discuss here!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pluto is a Roman god and Hades is Greek. I wonder if Greece/Rome is coming to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. The area in question is the festival field just east of the rail road with a drop into the ravine near Verbolten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 4:41 PM, Maverick44 said:

Ohhh I like where this is going! Could they be throwing us off a bit and this will be an Intamin that's has a part that is 315'?

Not a chance, BGW just got clearance from some local government for an attraction more than 300 feet tall but that is for a ride in 2021 or later.  The 315' request which was for 2020 was totally cancelled.

There is still a chance of a giga, but I suspect if that future ride does turn out to be a coaster it will be similar to Red Force, LSM launch with a huge tower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kenban said:

Not a chance, BGW just got clearance from some local government for an attraction more than 300 feet tall but that is for a ride in 2021 or later.  The 315' request which was for 2020 was totally cancelled.

There is still a chance of a giga, but I suspect if that future ride does turn out to be a coaster it will be similar to Red Force, LSM launch with a huge tower.

I would take that as well! Giga is fun. I am sure something like Red Force would be thrilling as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I would take that as well! Giga is fun. I am sure something like Red Force would be thrilling as well!

I think it would be a good ride, but I have to point out that this is an attraction in the planning stages which is going to be nothing more than just rumors for at least another year.  Its still very possible it will be completely changed or cancelled, or we are completely off on our guesses and it could turn out it was a Starflyer the entire time.

BGW does have an announcement coming later this year, which does appear to have an Intamin coaster.  I think it would be better to focus on the what is about to be announced and not worry about what might never happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BGW released a new teaser today! This time it focuses on Mercury, and you can check it out on Instagram. It's similar to the Pluto teaser, but the symbol on the flag is different as well as the colors. There will be teasers like this every Tuesday until July 30.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MaxxForce said:

BGW released a new teaser today! This time it focuses on Mercury, and you can check it out on Instagram. It's similar to the Pluto teaser, but the symbol on the flag is different as well as the colors. There will be teasers like this every Tuesday until July 30.

 

I wish Kings Island would do stuff like this. People have been over the reasons they think the park have waited so long to tease this ride ad nauseum on this forum, and I understand the points people are making, but it still just feels weird to have something so obvious going on in the park, and have literally no hype from CF at all. It's just dissapointing at least for me. Especially since they knew darn well the enthusiasts would know a great deal about this coaster very quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if it will have a general Roman gods theme to it and maybe each train will be themed to a different go and that's what these teasers are for. After Pluto and Mercury (Hermes in Greek) seems to confirm a Roman theme though. Mercury would be easy to theme to since he flies around. So could also be a flight of Hermes to the Underworld.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 9:39 PM, ldhudsonjr said:

I wish Kings Island would do stuff like this. People have been over the reasons they think the park have waited so long to tease this ride ad nauseum on this forum, and I understand the points people are making, but it still just feels weird to have something so obvious going on in the park, and have literally no hype from CF at all. It's just dissapointing at least for me. Especially since they knew darn well the enthusiasts would know a great deal about this coaster very quickly. 

They are still selling gold passes for this year. It's hard to sell someone something when you are already saying "wait till you see what we are doing next year"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with four different years starting to wonder more if it’s showing a general Roman gods theme or if the specific ones will be incorporated somehow. After three the likeliest seemed to be train themes but the more they show the less likely that seems, but if Verbolten can run 5 trains I suppose this one could have 4+ as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 2, 2019 at 6:39 PM, ldhudsonjr said:

I wish Kings Island would do stuff like this. People have been over the reasons they think the park have waited so long to tease this ride ad nauseum on this forum, and I understand the points people are making, but it still just feels weird to have something so obvious going on in the park, and have literally no hype from CF at all. It's just dissapointing at least for me. Especially since they knew darn well the enthusiasts would know a great deal about this coaster very quickly. 

KI started teasing for Diamondback early-ish. I don't remember any of the teasers for Banshee (or if there was any at all). When Diamondback was announced the entire world was not yet on Facebook, most didn't have a smartphone yet, so the "season pass" groups didn't exist yet. Maybe if the fun wasn't already spoiled they would have begun some sort of teasing? The teasers for Dback went on nearly all summer from what I remember. I just remember Marketing having a "field day" with those Mustang Sally teases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...