Store ice cream similar to blue ice cream?

Pepsi

The blue ice cream, formerly known as "Smurf ice cream," is blue raspberry. 

I haven't found it in the ice cream aisle in stores, but there is a candy shop at Liberty Center that offers blue raspberry gummies. 

6 minutes ago, Joshua said:

The blue ice cream, formerly known as "Smurf ice cream," is blue raspberry. 

I haven't found it in the ice cream aisle in stores, but there is a candy shop at Liberty Center that offers blue raspberry gummies. 

Funny you mention that. Apparently, some guy got in trouble (a long time ago) when a guest asked “how do you make the ice cream blue?” He responded saying, “We grind up The Smurfs and throw em’ in there!”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ashley Kohler said:

There is a local ice cream place called Whipty-Do that has the closest blue ice cream to Kings Island that I’ve ever had. But, based on how you worded your question, I’m assuming you aren’t local to the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, unfortunately not. I've been looking up blueberry ice cream and I keep getting results for ice cream with actual blueberries in it. No, you fools - I don't want real blueberries, I want artificial blueberries! 

• Like 1

The Goody Shop in Colerain Township on the corner of Hamilton Ave and Springdale Rd has blueberry soft serve that's dead on. The Dip in Fairfield has blueberry as their flavor of the month for June (so hurry, there's only a couple days left) and the flavor is dead on but the color is completely wrong as it's the actual purpleish color of blueberry juice.

You won't easily find something similar in a store because it's soft serve and not ice cream, so you can't exactly go buy a pint of it.

3 hours ago, Yippee Skippee said:

You could always make your own. I have done it before. And the flavoring is raspberry and lemon.

That's probably where I was getting "blue raspberry." A lot of things with that flavor taste similar to "blue ice cream." 

Jeni's Supermoon Ice cream is really similar (I think its mostly Columbus based but ive seen it down in Cinci). Its a Blueberry Marshmallow blend. Its a little hard to find from store to store and its also more pricey than most ice cream, but it's really good! 

If you are in Yellow Springs, theres a small Ice cream place that has Blueberry Ice Cream, It tastes pretty much the same (as far as i remember) Just doesn't have as much blue coloring.

And as stated above, theres a local Ice cream place called Whipty-Do! That has the exact Blue Ice cream the park sells.

On 6/26/2019 at 8:14 PM, Ashley Kohler said:

There is a local ice cream place called Whipty-Do that has the closest blue ice cream to Kings Island that I’ve ever had. But, based on how you worded your question, I’m assuming you aren’t local to the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it doesn't help the OP, but I am going to second the Whipty-Do suggestion! I know they are usually open at least March through November and is nearish to KI so you can get your fix without going to the park. They do have the blue ice cream and it is actually what KI offers; the owners went through quite the process to get it and maintain supply. Plus, gotta throw a little support out there for the owners (family of mine). Check em out!

• 4 years later...