Flyers leaving; will you still go to PKI?

CoastersNSich

For once I actually am going to have to agree with AZ Kinda Guy. laugh.gif The removal of the Fliers is a terrible reason to stop going. It's a great ride, but as many people, myself included, have said in previous threads, life will go on. I voted that I would visit the park the same, because I don't think it would be physically possible to visit the park more than I do! This year I have gone almost every day I had off work, and even several days after I got off work. But I only started going in July. So next year, it will be pretty close to the same. About 50-75% of the days the park is open I will go. tongue.gif

I was just joking. I agree with you on most things. I just feel you close a disproportionately large number of threads, when compared to other mods. biggrin.gif

But I still say you have hit the nail on the head with this one. Anybody who is going to visit the park less, or not at all, based solely upon the decision to MOVE the Fliers (as in they are only 7 hours away) is a moron, and not a true PKI enthusiast at all!

One more thing - why do you PKI employees hate ACErs? Thats a big thing I could never understand. Logically, wouldn't you like ACErs more than regular guests?

BTW - I'm not an ACEr, just wondering! ph34r.gif

I don't believe I've ever said I "hate" ACErs. It's just some of their actions I've personally witnessed leave a bad taste in my mouth. Don't get me wrong, not all are bad. The ones I talk too are the ones that "get it". Sadly though, while working in the rides department at KI I've witnessed more bad than good....I don't know if I speak for everyone who works in the park but I know I speak for some.

Oh and about the thread closing thing.... I used to be worse.

I really don't see the issue here at all. I know some people like flyers, and there is nothing wrong with that, but its a stupid little fair ride?!? The fair by my house has something very similar every year...Just stop by...Wow

If you answered that you will go to the park less b.c. of flyers, then you were coming for the wrong reason...Get a life

50-75% of the days the park is open? Thats a little overboard dont ya think?

I wouldn't call this poll "pointless" for one, in that many are upset with the removal. There are a wide variety of emotions about this event. I can tell you there are non-enthusiasts who are disappointed with this decision as well.

I, however, will still be coming back a lot next year. Yes, I'm angry that the only snappable flyers are being taken out, but it isn't going to stop me from going to ride - it's the coasters like Beast, SOB, Racer, Vortex, FOF, etc. that made PKI as one of my favorite places to be (and for a short time, to work at).

I definitely agree with AZ Kinda Guy that any real PKI fan just can't quit cold because of a flat ride being removed.

I will disagree with some that it's just a plain old flat that could be found at any carnival, fair, or little park. How many of you have found a set of flyers that are much better than PKI's?

First of all, PKI's aren't the only snappable ones left. I spent Saturday at Knoebel's, and after a few practice rounds was snapping pretty well. The crowds were also very fond of snapping. (and watching snapping)

Secondly, ths ride is special to some... other than just the enthusiast community. I honestly can't figure out the distain some on this board feel for the ride and its fans. Was someone turned down for a date on this ride or something? As someone I was talking to a few days ago said, "What does the outcry about losing the flyers say for PKI's coasters?" There are numbers of people who understand that GOOD flats make for a great park. Love it or hate it, there are/were people who go to the park because of this ride.

I am a person who was a die-hard PKI fanboy. As some know, I moved back to Ohio just to be near the park. I even took a PKI job JUST for the experience. I'm simply losing faith that the park will ever be on the same level it used to be. Year by year, the KI magic is eroding into just another corporae park.

I'll still visit the park, as will most of my family. We just won't be there nearly as often.

Thats the percentage of days I went this year. But I only started going at the end of the season. If you look at my percentage for the whole year, its probably like 10 or less.

I don't know how much I will go next year, but during the summer, probably at least twice a week. Probably more in the spring and summer. What can I say? I love PKI! Besides its not like there's anything else to do around here! School and Work, School and Work - the story of my life... laugh.gif

I don't think it's overboard. I was at the park at some point of the day for either working, riding rides, or both about 95% of the time they were open. Ask anyone I work with. Unless I have something important to do, I will be in the park riding stuff.

I beleive that any true fan of pki will always return regardless of what things are changed in the park from year to year. After all that is what has made pki such a magical place is the fantastis new attractions they add each year.All i got to say is long live The Beast!!!

I don`t think IJST will be a well-themed Adventure Express. To me, it seems like the actual ride focuses more on a storyline of chasing cars. It is similar to Test Track down at Epcot. Personally, I think the concept of the ride looks awesome and so does the theming, if the park executes it well and maintains it. This ride will depend on the theming to produce a thrilling ride. This ride is similar to the rides at Disney, although the theming will not be elaborate.

Clearly the park is headed in more of a themed attraction direction, with all the upgrades of late. Personally, I think it is working for the park, bringing a little taste of Orlando to Cincinnati. Granted, TR:TR and the other recent themed rides are no where near the detailing that Disney does, the theming does add to the ride.