What comes after the 2020 Giga?

KevM86

Frankly, unless the rumored 2020 coaster does super huge numbers for the park, I could see it being a long time before a new, large coaster install appears at KI.

They've gotten some pretty darn good response to just the infrastructure and small-ish capitol addition they made this year.  Their return on investment *seems* to have really boosted attention to the park.  That speaks volumes - and I expect the park will follow suit with more broadly-based additions.

That having been said, I do shake my head a bit to think that the park hasn't even acknowledged next years "rumored" coaster, and already the topic is changing to a potential follow-up coaster.  Makes me chuckle to myself.

• Like 13

Frankly, unless the rumored 2020 coaster does super huge numbers for the park, I could see it being a long time before a new, large coaster install appears at KI.
They've gotten some pretty darn good response to just the infrastructure and small-ish capitol addition they made this year.  Their return on investment *seems* to have really boosted attention to the park.  That speaks volumes - and I expect the park will follow suit with more broadly-based additions.
That having been said, I do shake my head a bit to think that the park hasn't even acknowledged next years "rumored" coaster, and already the topic is changing to a potential follow-up coaster.  Makes me chuckle to myself.

This year I’ve feel has been busier than ever, the park feels more crowded than when I go to Cedar Point on a weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is technically what a decoding thread on a forum is suppose to be about. You know the future and why I mentioned 2025 that would be 5 years and with an investment like this it will most likely be like Diamondback and Banshee. 

Also I disagree with the “long time” until we get something after the giga if the giga does not boost numbers. You have to also think about how do we keep the 3.5 million people coming back year after year and if they do not build coasters I am sorry but I am sure you would see a decrease in attendance and more people saying let’s go out of town and send our money on another amusement park or just you know vacations. There are plenty of people that get passes and do not take vacations. So like I said if they waited much longer than 5 years that would be very shocking. We are not talking about Kings dominion here. Kings Island is no where near what kings dominion is and honestly after the giga I think it will be better than carowinds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That color scheme is so tragic, lol. Maybe by the time Kings Island is in the market for a coaster again, Intamin will be a possibility. I'd much rather see something like the coasters coming to BGW, Parc Asterix or IOA.

• Like 3

I agree with Action Zone. It's still easily the weakest area of the park in my opinion. The studio theme it had was stripped out after Paramount left leaving it very bare looking. It improved with Banshee and getting the shaded seating area and plaza for it but overall the land is not cohesive like the other areas. With Banshee and The Bat additions I'd like to see them do kind of a dark forest theme. A simple repair of both Drop Tower and Delerium would have a big impact and could put in some more trees for shading. I'd ideally take out Timberwolf and Invertigo for a new coaster that would be a ground up RMC hybrid. They could even make it a Black forest theme and tie it in with Oktoberfest.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, purdude86 said:

I agree with Action Zone. It's still easily the weakest area of the park in my opinion. The studio theme it had was stripped out after Paramount left leaving it very bare looking. It improved with Banshee and getting the shaded seating area and plaza for it but overall the land is not cohesive like the other areas. With Banshee and The Bat additions I'd like to see them do kind of a dark forest theme. A simple repair of both Drop Tower and Delerium would have a big impact and could put in some more trees for shading. I'd ideally take out Timberwolf and Invertigo for a new coaster that would be a ground up RMC hybrid. They could even make it a Black forest theme and tie it in with Oktoberfest.

I'm a little concerned about a giant wooden structure right by the front gate. It'd be unique, but strange imo. Imo I think timberwolf is safe for now. I know it's only used a few times a year, but Spiritsong brings in huge attendance and revenue for the park so I think they'll continue that. I honestly think Invertigo and Congo Falls will be gone eventually. They'll probably leave at the same time. A ground up RMC imo would look better at the SOB station. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm a little concerned about a giant wooden structure right by the front gate. It'd be unique, but strange imo. Imo I think timberwolf is safe for now. I know it's only used a few times a year, but Spiritsong brings in huge attendance and revenue for the park so I think they'll continue that. I honestly think Invertigo and Congo Falls will be gone eventually. They'll probably leave at the same time. A ground up RMC imo would look better at the SOB station. 

there is no room in between Bat and Banshee by the old SOB station for a new coaster. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

Congo Falls/Timberwolf

Oktoberfest

Those - IMO - need some love.

I agree, that section of Action Zone has become the dead area of the park for me. It would be cool to see Action Zone and Oktoberfest merge but I wouldn't want to lose the Oktoberfest name or theming unless they have it a Dark Forest theme. That area needs some landscaping such as trees and more natual shade.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, fryoj said:

You'd like an Intamin? Wow. Never would have guessed. And that same coaster you linked in another thread already at that? Wow x2. 

Is this all you do is just like to pick on people? I think you need to read the " Critical tone" post from @malem in the KI footnotes thread.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

No there is room. They can get pretty creative. Like they could have the lift go over part of Bat. 

Why squeeze something in there when KI has room in other places? That would look congested and could be a nightmare  in foot traffic.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Well, it's technically Decoding 2020. You know, next year. 

Technically speaking yes decoding on 2020. However this thread as been almost every type of topic possible from page 100 until now. I do not know which page exactly since we are now at page 232 but just saying. A

Never meant to say carowinds was ever mentioned to be better. Just having a giga and now that multilaunch is awesome. I was just making a point about the long wait until our next coaster. That has been brought up multiple times and I have a hard time believing that would be the case. Personally I would love to see a multi launch coaster like copperhead or maverick. Loved riding maverick even though steel vengeance is awesome too so smooth so either one would be great. 

Side note though I am not sure how many people have ridden steel vengeance on this thread but My personal feeling I am not sure how long it will be at Cedar Point with out some type of revamping. The ride is amazing and smooth but it’s so intense that it causes some supports to shake so bad I don’t know how the wood could stay in good condition. One section knocks against each other. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

Technically speaking yes decoding on 2020. However this thread as been almost every type of topic possible from page 100 until now. I do not know which page exactly since we are now at page 232 but just saying. A

Never meant to say carowinds was ever mentioned to be better. Just having a giga and now that multilaunch is awesome. I was just making a point about the long wait until our next coaster. That has been brought up multiple times and I have a hard time believing that would be the case. Personally I would love to see a multi launch coaster like copperhead or maverick. Loved riding maverick even though steel vengeance is awesome too so smooth so either one would be great. 

Side note though I am not sure how many people have ridden steel vengeance on this thread but My personal feeling I am not sure how long it will be at Cedar Point with out some type of revamping. The ride is amazing and smooth but it’s so intense that it causes some supports to shake so bad I don’t know how the wood could stay in good condition. One section knocks against each other. 

I think an KI would benefit from having a new multi launch coaster as well. I think of watching Maxx Force testing looks thrilling. So S&S or another Premiere Rides would be cool. Mack maybe be but I hear Copperhead is sluggish at points.  I can't even talk about Intamin  cuz i'll get the 5th agree but yes a Blitz would be awesome as well.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I would like to see something like Dueling Dragons that just opened in China. Intamin baby!!!haha Really though check it out!

The best part about this ride is even during the extensive downtime and low capacity it would have, it's still cool to look at.

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

Congo Falls/Timberwolf

Octoberfest

Those - IMO - need some love.

You'd think that whatever's going behind Racer would've been better plopped down there. 

Timberwolf is an eyesore. 

Congo Falls is. Well, it's there. 

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post but I can see why maverick44 likes intamin so much. My wife and I loved Maverick. It was probably our favorite ride. It is non stop action. They are very creative and push the limits. It’s nice to see they are willing to do that. B&M I notice does not want to take the risks. They built Thunderbird that was a welcome change but it looks like no other park wants something like that. 

• Like 2

If Oktoberfest gets a big upgrade in the future, I would like to see Hanks burrito shack turned into a German restaurant. I'm on a trip in Washington state and we went to this very German themed town last night and it was well themed and we ate at this very good german restaurant. If we get a coaster as part of a spruced up Oktoberfest, I would love it to be a multi launch and be German themed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Bombay said:

The best part about this ride is even during the extensive downtime and low capacity it would have, it's still cool to look at.

I'm not saying it would be good for a park like KI. The capacity would be low yeah. Honestly idc what park it would be at I think it would be pretty darn cool to ride. Those near miss moments  look pretty awesome. Seeing how KI already has Banshee this wouldn't be for KI.