What comes after the 2020 Giga?

KevM86

2 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

Sorry for the double post but I can see why maverick44 likes intamin so much. My wife and I loved Maverick. It was probably our favorite ride. It is non stop action. They are very creative and push the limits. It’s nice to see they are willing to do that. B&M I notice does not want to take the risks. They built Thunderbird that was a welcome change but it looks like no other park wants something like that. 

Sorry for double post. I mean I really just like them more because they are more thrilling. I have an open mind though. Fury325 and Afterburn are in my top 6 coasters. Its sad that I  get harped on about talking about my favorite coasters. Im not the trolls we have had on here in the past haha. I am honest about it....lines move slow for Intamins yes.....they shut down a lot yes lol.....still more thrilling then anything in my eyes. That's the thing its my opinion that's all. We can't always agree with each other lol

Thank you for the kind words though!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I think an KI would benefit from having a new multi launch coaster as well. I think of watching Maxx Force testing looks thrilling. So S&S or another Premiere Rides would be cool. Mack maybe be but I hear Copperhead is sluggish at points.  I can't even talk about Intamin  cuz i'll get the 5th agree but yes a Blitz would be awesome as well.

I would take an Intamin launch coaster any day! The newer ones look to be really great now that Intamin can put inversions on them with only a simple lap bar. I could also see us getting a Mack launch coaster, which does not seem quite as good, but it would still be pretty lit!

If Kings Island is still doing the whole “budget” thing an Intamin is cheaper than a Mack...

• Haha 2

My only question is: would Cedar Fair build a multi launch coaster at Kings Island with Maverick so close, one of the stand-out rides at Cedar Point? The same can be said for a new RMC. I feel that we are going to end up getting a Mack Extreme Spinning Coaster because they are different...

• Like 1

Just now, FUN&ONLY! said:

My only question is: would Cedar Fair build a multi launch coaster at Kings Island with Maverick so close, one of the stand-out rides at Cedar Point? The same can be said for an RMC. I feel that we are going to end up getting a Mack Extreme Spinning Coaster simply because they are different

Maverick and Copperhead strike are very different attractions, not to mention Cedar Point already has several “flagship” attractions so Kings Island getting one that’s similar to Maverick isn’t that unreasonable.

• Like 2

I would think it will be 4-5 years before we see another coaster after this. I see it taking the place of either Vortex or Amazon Falls/Invertigo. If they replace The Vortex trains they could get more life out of it. It seems like Invertigo has the higher maintenance costs due to part availability.

Either site would be great for a multi launch.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Maverick and Copperhead strike are very different attractions, not to mention Cedar Point already has several “flagship” attractions so Kings Island getting one that’s similar to Maverick isn’t that unreasonable.

True, but the spinning aspect makes me think that it will be more marketable and easier to break records... not that the park cares about records anyways as can be seen from the 2020 project!

7 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

My only question is: would Cedar Fair build a multi launch coaster at Kings Island with Maverick so close, one of the stand-out rides at Cedar Point? The same can be said for a new RMC. I feel that we are going to end up getting a Mack Extreme Spinning Coaster because they are different...

We had this exact same conversation about Diamondback and Banshee being built, and yet....

Also, Mack has built bigger and faster launch coasters than Copperhead Strike before,  plus they're in the hyper club as well, so it isn't too far fetched that they could build a multi-launch coaster with some decent stats. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silver2005 said:

We had this exact same conversation about Diamondback and Banshee being built, and yet....

Also, Mack has built bigger and faster launch coasters than Copperhead Strike before.

The 20-year theory is actually convincing now that we are getting a giga in 2020, so I hope that does not mean we don’t get a multi launch coaster until 2027... I can’t wait that long!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

The 20-year theory is actually convincing now that we are getting a giga in 2020, so I hope that does not mean we don’t get a multi launch coaster until 2027... I can’t wait that long!

That wasn't my point.  We had conversations here about 'hey, Kings Island will never build Diamondback/Banshee because Cedar Point has Magnum/Raptor'.  And yet, that prediction turned out to be dead wrong.  I think KI's decisions to add rides has little to do with Cedar Point's line up, at least not as much as people here are believing. 

That notion needs to drop dead.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I hope its not a spinning coaster. I will get the credit it but never ride again. Yak! spinning is no good for me lol

I saw a test video of Maxx Force and I think its an S&S. The launch really surprised me. Looks real intense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm a little concerned about a giant wooden structure right by the front gate. It'd be unique, but strange imo. Imo I think timberwolf is safe for now. I know it's only used a few times a year, but Spiritsong brings in huge attendance and revenue for the park so I think they'll continue that. I honestly think Invertigo and Congo Falls will be gone eventually. They'll probably leave at the same time. A ground up RMC imo would look better at the SOB station. 

Yea I don't see them removing Timberwolf either. But it would give a lot of room for that section. I don't think a structure like RMC would be too bad near the entrance, especially when it's at a park that is known best for its wooden coasters and line up of them. Do agree that I could see Inverigo and Congo Falls be removed and a new ride go into that space but it's a bit more limiting. Wouldn't mind seeing a themed water coaster there to kind of replace Congo but still be thrilling.

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Why squeeze something in there when KI has room in other places? That would look congested and could be a nightmare  in foot traffic.

I agree. Would much rather see them tear down the station and open that space up a bit more and make it look nicer. Could possibly add in a new flat ride in the area of the queue/station if they really wanted but feel like a third coaster there would get too congested looking for the track alone, plus three coasters right together would get crowded for people too.

• Like 2

Just now, ohiocoasterfan said:

I would think it will be 4-5 years before we see another coaster after this. I see it taking the place of either Vortex or Amazon Falls/Invertigo. If they replace The Vortex trains they could get more life out of it. It seems like Invertigo has the higher maintenance costs due to part availability.

Either site would be great for a multi launch.

Take out Congo falls , Invertigo and Drop Tower and that one weird swing ride “not Delirium” and you have your self a nice big plot of land for a beautiful front gate wing coaster like Cedar Point or like some of you are saying, a ground up rmc.

08423B22-0C27-4AA5-806A-0B676B3F81F9.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I hope its not a spinning coaster. I will get the credit it but never ride again. Yak! spinning is no good for me lol

I saw a test video of Maxx Force and I think its an S&S. The launch really surprised me. Looks real intense.

I don’t want a launched spinning coaster either, but I see it as a possibility. I am on team Intamin launch coaster like you!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

All the 20 year theory suggest is that Kings Island is playing catch up because of Paramounts poor investments. Most parks got their inverts in the 90’s or early 2000’s we didn’t. Canada’s wonderland is just now getting a high capacity comfortable modern steel looping coaster..

• Like 2

Just now, Ben43065 said:

All the 20 year theory suggest is that Kings Island is playing catch up because of Paramounts poor investments. Most parks got their inverts in the 90’s or early 2000’s we didn’t. Canada’s wonderland is just now getting a high capacity comfortable modern steel looping coaster..

I thought it was Kings Island would not get the same type of coaster until 20 years after Cedar Point got the same kind, but I am probably wrong...

6 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Take out Congo falls , Invertigo and Drop Tower and that one weird swing ride “not Delirium” and you have your self a nice big plot of land for a beautiful front gate wing coaster like Cedar Point or like some of you are saying, a ground up rmc.

I can see the removal of Invertigo  just be cause other CF parks have so not out of the question. I don't see them taking out Congo falls. I can see them moving it possibly. Unless they follow suite with Six Flags that has removed some of their Shoot the Chutes rides. I don't see them removing the sky coaster as well (extra profit). I kinda like front gate as is and not copy CP / Carowinds. That's just my thoughts. Id like to see an out and back RMC in the woods.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Take out Congo falls , Invertigo and Drop Tower and that one weird swing ride “not Delirium” and you have your self a nice big plot of land for a beautiful front gate wing coaster 

I don't see them getting rid of Drop Tower anytime soon. I don't want to see Congo Falls go either. It's nice to have a water ride on that side of the park, especially on the hottest days. I'd rather say goodbye to The Crypt building, Timberwolf (although not likely, because of Spirit Song), and that old SOB land before we tear down another ride. 

• Like 2

Just now, Joshua said:

I don't see them getting rid of Drop Tower anytime soon. I don't want to see Congo Falls go either. It's nice to have a water ride on that side of the park, especially on the hottest days. I'd rather say goodbye to The Crypt building, Timberwolf (although not likely, because of Spirit Song), and that old SOB land before we tear down another ride. 

Honestly I wouldn't be sad to see Invertigo leave as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I also don't see KI getting a suspended coaster. We have Invertigo and Raptor is 4 hours to the north. :D

It’s a good thing we got that green Intamin coaster instead because Cedar Fair would never have given us an inverted coaster with Raptor so close...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Honestly I wouldn't be sad to see Invertigo leave as well.

I wouldn't be sad to see it go as I almost never ride it.  However, I am not sure if I see a reason for it to go either. It seems like there is always a line for it, so I dunno. 

Technically, I wouldn't miss Drop Tower either. The only removal here I am really protesting is Congo Falls. Action Zone feels like a hot plate. It must stay! 

• Like 2