What comes after the 2020 Giga?

KevM86

42 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Something that is actually ON TOPIC lol is when we where Talking about the colors of our giga compared to millennium force, you can see millennium forces supports are way more silver, ours are nearly not as reflective and gray, ours are a lot more white

01A99712-036E-413E-A657-92277AA6AB4A.png

To the naked eye it'll look similar but you make a point. In all honesty white supports are the way to go because when the paint eventually fades it won't be that noticable.

I wouldn't even be suprised if the yellow sections on Diamondback get repainted white instead of having the yellow touched up. Its a stretch but those yellow supports look faded and repainting it white would make it match the rest of the ride.

Then again a pure red and white Diamondback would look even more like Intimidator.

• Like 3

Sorry for double post. I mean I really just like them more because they are more thrilling. I have an open mind though. Fury325 and Afterburn are in my top 6 coasters. Its sad that I  get harped on about talking about my favorite coasters. Im not the trolls we have had on here in the past haha. I am honest about it....lines move slow for Intamins yes.....they shut down a lot yes lol.....still more thrilling then anything in my eyes. That's the thing its my opinion that's all. We can't always agree with each other lol
Thank you for the kind words though!
I would love to see an Intimin blitz coaster at Kings Island, I love the speed and fast pace. Road Maveric for the first time a couple years ago and only dream of making it back for more rides. Speaking of dreaming, I would love to get over to German and ride Taron which looks absolutely amazing with great theming.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would love to see an Intimin blitz coaster at Kings Island, I love the speed and fast pace. Road Maverick for the first time a couple years ago and only dream of making it back for more rides. Speaking of dreaming, I would love to get over to German and ride Taron which looks absolutely amazing with great theming.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FlyMartyFly said:

I would love to see an Intimin blitz coaster at Kings Island, I love the speed and fast pace. Road Maveric for the first time a couple years ago and only dream of making it back for more rides. Speaking of dreaming, I would love to get over to German and ride Taron which looks absolutely amazing with great theming.

Taron looks amazing as well I can't wait for the day I get over there to ride! I posted a video a while back today Dueling Dragons looks like an amazing ride as well If I ever feel up to going to China lol

@SonofBaconator So really it would look like GateKeeper more then Mill Force.  Mill force's supports almost look like plain steel and non painted. I have never noticed them fade. Now the blue yes. I can get on board with any color support  silver or white. Both will look great. I just wish we were getting something that wasn't already done and something unique.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

I’m gone for 2 hours and I see “45 new posts” and I got excited because I thought there was something to be found... well I guess I did find people fighting about Intamin, Mack, and B&M.

All I can say to that is Viva la RMC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That exact thought was in my head too.

• Like 1

I’m gone for 2 hours and I see “45 new posts” and I got excited because I thought there was something to be found... well I guess I did find people fighting about Intamin, Mack, and B&M.

All I can say to that is Viva la RMC!

I don’t think anyone was fighting to be honest. Lol

I'd like to see a return of a flying coaster. Either a B&M or how about an RMC single rail new train style. A stretch? Most definitely. It would be really cool though and I think could work well with the single rain concept.

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with looking ahead towards the future. It's always fun to speculate what could be added to the park in the next five to ten years. As fun of a topic as it is, however, I do agree we need to keep this discussion contained in a single thread as not to bloat the forums.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Why do we care what comes after the giga? Are we really that spoiled? Its fine to speculate but countless threads like these are what's wrong with the enthusiast community- everyone is too far into the future that they overlook what's happening now.

As can be seen from the Decoding 2020 thread: people will do it anyways. Everyone in the coaster community likes to speculate about their home park’s future!

haha that's the first time I ever seen that ^^ That's great!

** I have no idea what the big deal is. We are all just talking. Nothing really left to decode at this point other then a name? I think we all need to chill out haha its Friday!!!

• Like 3

I have pulled all the next coaster discussion out of the decoding thread and put it in the one Fun&Only created. I realize there are other older threads, but I think it is best starting with a new thread knowing what we know with the current construction for 2020.

• Like 4

Whats come after the 2020 Giga?  2020 opening day of course :)

Oh you mean coaster,  I look at it this way:

Soak City could use a water coaster (does that count?)  For a water park of that size, not to have one seems criminal.  IIRC, both of the water coasters at Holiday World were relatively in expensive to build.  The one at Great Wolf Lodge was a ton of fun, I'd love to see what KI could do with something on a grander scale.

Kid friendly coaster (my vote, or perhaps even in combo over 2 seasons with a water coaster for Soak City).  Ever since viewing the POV for Fire Chaser express, I said I'd love to see something similar with a smaller height requirement (Fire Chaser express is 39", but I'd be happy with 40 or 42") to give that in between kid another coaster.  There seems to be a decent gap between what I would consider traditional Planet Snoopy rides aimed at 3-5 year old and the intermediate  44-48" crowd that is too nervous or small to ride The Racers, Beast, etc..  After actually getting to ride Fire Chaser express recently, I'm even more confident in this assertion.

Did I mention I rode Fire Chaser Express?  Well that means I was also in the same park as Lightening Rod.  I don't get around as much as most, so this was my first RMC (I understand that the launch mechanism often has issues and the ride is down) and that thing was AWESOME.  Steel Vengeance also looks incredible on the POVs.  I'd love to see the park get a new ground up RMC as their next major installation.

Wild cards: The "Replacements"  I don't think the park will see either one for some time, but a Dive Coaster would look really good in either space currently occupied by Vortex or Invertigo.  A wing coaster would fit really well in either spot as well.  I've never been on a dive coaster, but loved Wild Eagle.  I get the references as "mild eagle" but after a day of spins, dips and dives, something silky smooth yet with inversions is a great thing.  I'd hate to see Vortex go, but realize its gonna happen some day; I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if Invertigo disappeared tomorrow.

• Like 3

I could possibly see us getting a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster to replace Invertigo and Congo Falls because they aren’t too expensive, and they can fit in a reasonably compact space. Also, it would give Action Zone a second top tier coaster, balancing out the crowds. As of now, I feel that Rivertown has the most top tier attractions with Diamondback, Mystic Timbers, and The Beast. Adding a new coaster to the opposite side of the park will give the park a more equal balance of attractions throughout!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I could possibly see us getting a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster to replace Invertigo and Congo Falls because they aren’t too expensive, and they can fit in a reasonably compact space. Also, it would give Action Zone a second top tier coaster, balancing out the crowds. As of now, I feel that Rivertown has the most top tier attractions with Diamondback, Mystic Timbers, and The Beast. Adding a new coaster to the opposite side of the park will give the park a more equal balance of attractions throughout!

I like this I would just want Congo Falls to stay. I hold that ride close to my heart. They could fit an Infinity coaster in Invertigo's footprint I think? Maybe would need to work some pathways though?

• Like 1

I'd prefer to be relocated to Rivertown but I don't know if that would justify the cost of hiring a company to disassemble the ride, relocate it to another part of the park, hire contractors and plumbers, etc.

I'd prefer all the dry park water rides to be in one general area but I don't know if the return on investment would be worth it.

• Like 3

Is it possible for an indoor water ride? Because they could put one, or relocate Congo Falls, to the Tomb Raider building where there is already plumbing and electrical. But, I still don’t see the point of getting wet in an air-conditioned building. I do hope whatever goes into that building next has water tied into it like Tomb Raider did!

• Like 1

Honestly, the older I get, the less interested I become in them adding a roller coaster. I'm sure whatever they add will be fun and I'll ride it and enjoy it, but I'm more excited about all the nostalgic things they added this year than anything they've done in the past (and I say that as a big Mystic Timbers fan). 

In the next five years or so, I'd love to see a lot of attention paid to Action Zone. Re-theme it to something. Tear out Invertigo, Congo Falls and maybe even Timberwolf (I have a lot of Spirit Song memories there, though) and put some fun attractions, not necessarily coasters. A heavily themed, innovative water ride, maybe some really unique thrill rides and a nice outdoor dining area. 

Other things I'd love for them to focus on in the next few years: 

*  Do something with Fountain Garden, which right now is basically just a really gross, sparse smokers stroll. Maybe make it an outdoor museum of Kings Island history, with models of older roller coasters, plaques and signage commemorating old attractions, even videos of old commercials. I remember loving that area when it was owned by Paramount because it was a nice distraction. Now it's just a place where people go to smoke cancer sticks. 

* Re-theme and re-open International Restaurant, maybe as a coaster-themed bar and grill.

* Gut Boo Blasters and turn it into a peaceful, family friendly dark ride attraction. 

* Either tear down the old Crypt building or create some sort of immersive indoor attraction in there. Right now, it's just a waste of space except for storage and Haunt stuff. It's not quite the eyesore Disaster Transport was (since that was spoiling lakefront views at Cedar Point) but it's still pretty atrocious. 

* Won't happen, but close Backlot Stunt Coaster. Raze the ride and make it a collection of flats and family friendly attractions. 

* Add some tables around the base of the Eiffel Tower, add a few cafe/coffee/drink options to make that a fun gathering place. 

* Rebuild a campground. Even if it's off-site and you need to add a shuttle service. 

* Another thing that won't happen: Bring back the trams. The walk from the front gate to the back of the parking lot at the end of the day is exhausting for people with kids. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1