What comes after the 2020 Giga?

KevM86

I don't like the idea of Congo Falls getting torn out, but I know it's also not that popular of an attraction anymore so Cedar Fair may very well consider it. It may be a bit far-fetched, but if Congo Falls does get removed, I would hope that at some point in the distant future, Kings Island puts in a Mack Rides Power Splash or Water Coaster in Rivertown where the TR;TR building is.

• Like 4

I think Action Zone needs one more/final coaster to "complete" the area. When we got Banshee in 2014 we saw part of the area change significantly for the better. There's plenty of room for a coaster if you remove Congo Falls and Invertigo- you wouldn't have to necessarily remove Timberwolf. 

I made a crude, and I mean crude, concept of what a B&M Dive Machine would look like in that area. If I ever have time to create a No Limits concept I will but for now forgive me for the crappy microsoft paint design.

layout.png

• Like 4

^^ I like that Idea. I think you could almost put this coaster around or threw Congo falls. That would be pretty neat. I wish we had a section themed to a rain forest. It would fit Congo falls and they could theme the coaster and have it fly by the "falls" or close to.

• Like 1

It would be really cool if Kings Island could make it extend from the Invertigo/Congo Falls plot of land and go over or under the front gate with a renovation of the main entrance (if they can only use Invertigo’s space, that would be ideal). I am not saying that they should build a completely new entrance because of the International Restaurant being there, but it would be nice for them to maybe put some stone or brick over the outside of the current entrance (idk... I just think it would be cool if they spruced it up a little bit). They could also update the ticket booth area like Carowinds did when they got a new entrance. 

• Like 1

My main point of contention with removing Congo Falls is it is a very convenient ride to have in Action Zone on days like today and yesterday. This particular section of the park has very little shading and often feels like a desert on hot, humid days. So I don't want to see it removed unless there it is replaced by something similar. 

I'd much rather see Timberwolf go, but also why aren't we trying to use the old SOB land, in which no coaster or amphitheater needs to be demolished?

• Like 1

I'd like to see them build some good indoor rides. I know KI is not Disney, but...doesn't anyone else get worn out in the sun and just want to sit down on an air-conditioned ride from time-to-time? Could be a coaster, a boat-ride, a better Boo-Blasters type thing. Something. Anything. If they did this it would also add things to do during Winterfest, too.

• Like 2

Definitely disagree with the idea that we won't be getting another coaster for a long time just because cleaning up I Street and bringing back KMAA brought some people to the park, that makes no sense to me. I do however think we probably won't see another at the rate we have been as of late. I'd say 2025 is probably pretty close to being a realistic time frame. I'd be surprised if we go any more than 5 years without an addition after Project X.

• Like 1

I'm thinking like 4 years maybe. Similar to the time frame between Fury 325 and Copperhead Strike. I'm going back and forth between multiple different coasters that could be next. Imo it depends on the location and what gets removed. If Invertigo/Congo Falls leaves, then a B&M of some type (probably a wing or dive) since it's right at the front gate and B&Ms tend to look good at the front. If Oktoberfest gets an overhaul and/or Viking Fury leaves, then probably a Mack double launch. If the SOB station is reused, then an RMC topper track themed around Outpost 5. So many options out there and imo it depends on where the location is. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm thinking like 4 years maybe. Similar to the time frame between Fury 325 and Copperhead Strike. I'm going back and forth between multiple different coasters that could be next. Imo it depends on the location and what gets removed. If Invertigo/Congo Falls leaves, then a B&M of some type (probably a wing or dive) since it's right at the front gate and B&Ms tend to look good at the front. If Oktoberfest gets an overhaul and/or Viking Fury leaves, then probably a Mack double launch. If the SOB station is reused, then an RMC topper track themed around Outpost 5. So many options out there and imo it depends on where the location is. 

I get that they're probably going to want to install a Dive or a Wing at some point, but I really think the next ride needs to be something other than a B&M. I'm not a hater, I like B&M's a lot, but how many do we really need? Personally I really think an RMC makes the most sense given their popularity.

20 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I get that they're probably going to want to install a Dive or a Wing at some point, but I really think the next ride needs to be something other than a B&M. I'm not a hater, I like B&M's a lot, but how many do we really need? Personally I really think an RMC makes the most sense given their popularity.

I do think an RMC makes sense, but with the B&M plant so close, they probably will want to install more B&Ms. 

32 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I do think an RMC makes sense, but with the B&M plant so close, they probably will want to install more B&Ms. 

I really don't think they're building B&M coasters because of the proximity to CSF. It's a nice bonus, but they're building them because of all the reasons that are mentioned time after time throughout this forum: they're reliable, people like them, and they chew through lines like crazy. You're definitely right, Kings Island will continue to build B&M coasters, but I do think they also understand variety in attractions is super important for a well rounded park. I think KI will get a B&M Dive or wing at some point, no question. I also think chances are good that the next coaster after Project X will probably be something other than a B&M. Time will tell I suppose.

19 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here's a concept I made of a dive coaster in the Invertigo/Congo Falls plot. I give you Demon! 

I've always said that if they are going to do a dive at the gate, it should dive into that circle in the middle of the courtyard. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here's a concept I made of a dive coaster in the Invertigo/Congo Falls plot. I give you Demon! 

2019-07-07_17.33.00.jpg

Copy cat;)

Just kidding it seems like a pretty Flawless idea. I had the idea of resurrecting the demon as a dive coaster a couple years ago and I made a huge story about it tying into Banshee and Son of Beast. I got to find the link to that somehwere.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Copy cat;)

Just kidding it seems like a pretty Flawless idea. I had the idea of resurrecting the demon as a dive coaster a couple years ago and I made a huge story about it tying into Banshee and Son of Beast. I got to find the link to that somehwere.

I really do like the idea, but I hope they don't follow up a B&M Giga with another B&M model directly after. That park needs some variety in manufacturers.

• Like 1

So I came up with a little sumthin sumthin.

I took out Invertigo and Congo falls.

I added a Blitz coaster  ( multi launch intimin)

After the launch is a Top Hat element. I think that would look amazing pulling in to the park.

I give you Scremin' Demon haha fits the area with Banshee and hopeful transition to " The Dark Forest".

Scremin' Demon .png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Copy cat;)

Found it!

layout.png

"The Demon reigned supreme, striking fear in the hearts of many park guests for years. Then in 1979, a force of nature arrived in the form of a Beast who sought to take the land from the Demon's reign. The Demon fought The Beast for eight long years until 1987 when it was defeated and sucked into a Vortex. Knowing that a retaliation was inevitable,  The Beast sent his son to guard the area where the Demon once stood. Retaliation came many years later in 2012 when a creature in the form of a Banshee descended upon the park and killed the Son of Beast with an ear piercing scream. With the Son of Beast gone, the Banshee could finally resurrect her long deceased brother- the Demon. Now bigger and stronger than ever before, the Demon is back with a vengeance."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

After the launch is a Top Hat element. I think that would look amazing pulling in to the park.

I give you Scremin' Demon haha fits the area with Banshee and hopeful transition to " The Dark Forest".

Scremin' Demon .png

This looks a lot like Maverick which is definitely a good thing. If Kings Island can get a launch coaster anywhere near as good as Maverick, we’ll have a winner on our hands. After seeing this awesome drawing, I do really want an Intamin/Mack launch coaster in that plot of land. Nice concept!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

This looks a lot like Maverick which is definitely a good thing. If Kings Island can get a launch coaster anywhere near as good as Maverick, we’ll have a winner on our hands. After seeing this awesome drawing, I do really want an Intamin/Mack launch coaster in that plot of land. Nice concept!

I think it would be really cool to have a small top hat after the launch haha

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Scremin' Demon .png

Imagine you, wanting an Intamin blitz.  Sigh.  I want an Intamin launch, like Volcano, or an RMC ground up topper track woodie.  But with Intamin trees and B&M bushes, just no Vekoma scraggly shrubs.  LOL

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Imagine you, wanting an Intamin blitz.  Sigh.  I want an Intamin launch, like Volcano, or an RMC ground up topper track woodie.  But with Intamin trees and B&M bushes, just no Vekoma scraggly shrubs.  LOL

I can get on board with that!! Keep that Vekoma shrubs away from me! I am allergic haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry for double post!

I took my spin at a dive machine. I took out Invertigo and Congo Falls.

Put the dive coaster in with 2 inversions only since  KI is a budget park lol

Added a vertical loop and cobra roll.

I also added a SkyJump2 for a flat in front of a pond left over from Congo Falls.

I give you Demonic ( coaster) and Iron Claw ( Flat)

Demonic and Iron Claw .png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

You do know that Kings Island won't add a coaster after 2020. (money)

You really  think the giga will be the last install ever at KI?( Sarcastic tone) lol  This thread doesn't mean 2021 but just in general what comes after 2020.

• Like 1

@Maverick44, please don't perpetuate the budget label.  KI has gone all out for Winterfest, Grand Carnivale, International Street and the Antique Autos and Mystic Timbers.  The only thing I think they went cheap on was there were no renderings for Antique Autos.  

• Like 5

15 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

@Maverick44, please don't perpetuate the budget label.  KI has gone all out for Winterfest, Grand Carnivale, International Street and the Antique Autos and Mystic Timbers.  The only thing I think they went cheap on was there were no renderings for Antique Autos.  

Lol ok I will replace the budget label with some Premier Rides flowers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1