What comes after the 2020 Giga?

KevM86

Now I was thinking. Even though it's not likely Vortex will be removed anytime soon, I actually think a ground up RMC would fit well in The Vortex plot of land. I was thinking a ground up topper track woodie. I was thinking some type of car theme since it's in Coney Mall right by the antique cars and the jukebox diner. Similar to Lightning Rod's theme. Or they could theme it around The Beast since it's right by The Beast. Again, I don't think Vortex will be removed anytime soon, but just an idea. 

• Like 2

Something car themed like Lightning Rod I think would go great there as well to fit in with the area theming. I always thought it would be a great spot for a div coaster as well, but agree that I don't see Vortex leaving anytime soon.

• Like 1

I think whatever comes next will definitely be in the zone between Rivertown and Coney Mall, probably either where Vortex is or next to it. There is so much land that just needs deforested for a nice little compact coaster to sit right there. image.png

I'm thinking KI will have an Intamin about 2025.  A style like Maverick.

Hopefully it will not come at the expense of another ride that has been rumored to be removed.

And yes, Intamin.  Many of their rides have a long history of issues and others the complete opposite.

But let's be excited about 2020.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nutterie said:

I think whatever comes next will definitely be in the zone between Rivertown and Coney Mall, probably either where Vortex is or next to it. There is so much land that just needs deforested for a nice little compact coaster to sit right there. image.png

I would hate to see another coaster go in there.

I think if they are going to build a new coaster, they should remove Backlot and use that area.

Invertigo and Congo area would be more ripe than Rivertown/Coney

Not really. That area saw the addition of Banshee in 2013, and the closest modern coaster to where I marked is the giga, which isn't even technically in either Coney or Rivertown 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, teenageninja said:

I think if they are going to build a new coaster, they should remove Backlot and use that area.

I really hope they don't do this. I don't know what BLSC gets so much hate but I really don't think that one should go anywhere. If they had to remove something I'd say it's gotta be Vortex.

• Like 2

I really hope they don't do this. I don't know what BLSC gets so much hate but I really don't think that one should go anywhere. If they had to remove something I'd say it's gotta be Vortex.
I think this relates back to the poor decisions Paramount made. Before the junkyard coaster was installed, this was a most beautiful part of the park. Antique cars, excellent landscape, and our flying eagles. All that is gone and we have a decent coaster with an ugly theme, put in a wrong section of the park. I don't hope for a removal, but I'd love to see it reimagined with less rip-rap, shipping containers, junked cars etc. Up the landscaping, soften it up and maybe redo the theme to a sinister prescense that The Beast and Mystic Timbers has... continue those story lines. You launch out of the station to escape the wrath of ....and run run run until you stop to catch your breath, but the....chases you thru a dark tunnel...I just think many of the nostalgia folks are salty even though they enjoy the junkyard coaster.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 5

They were the gliders that came from Coney island. Got sent to Carowinds. Originally installed in the area formerly known as Coney Mall, they were moved at some point the where the basketball challenge is near the junkyard coaster entry plaza.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

What if they relocated El Toro to AEs spot?

Uhhh well then KI would never be beat on most wood track in one park lol. I would say leave Ae as is. and take out Invertigo and put El Toro there and run is along the parking lot lol It will be used to it since Six Flags places coasters in paved areas already haha

• Like 2

I must say, the fact that the ride experience can vary so much on this rollercoaster is incredible. It is also a very compact coaster, so it could fit where Invertigo/Congo Falls is. The only problem I see is how the park could run multiple trains on it...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yeah, something like that would be cool, but I believe it would be a nightmare to run 3 trains. If we get a Gerstauler, I think it'd be something like Hangtime at Knott's. 

I think Gerstlauer is for smaller sized parks. A B&M Dive would have better capacity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Uhhh well then KI would never be beat on most wood track in one park lol. I would say leave Ae as is. and take out Invertigo and put El Toro there and run is along the parking lot lol It will be used to it since Six Flags places coasters in paved areas already haha

How about Millenium Force replacing AE, going back towards the area formerly known as Coney Mall and interaction with Project X?

• Haha 4

You guys are talking crazy stuff with having rides removed from other parks and being added to Kings Island. What the park most likely will get is a simple relocation of the overrated Steel Vengeance, so Cedar Point can use its former location for a new B&M Dive to replace Valravn. While they are at it, they should scrap Maverick (no one likes it anyways), so Cedar Point can get the largest B&M Dive coaster ever.

I am joking! LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

You guys are talking crazy stuff with having rides removed from other parks and being added to Kings Island. What the park most likely will get is a simple relocation of the overrated Steel Vengeance, so Cedar Point can use its former location for a new B&M Dive to replace Valravn. While they are at it, they should scrap Maverick (no one likes it anyways), so Cedar Point can get the largest B&M Dive coaster ever.

I am joking! LOL!

I have ruined my entire day haha j/k

You left a spot open for another coaster?  You took out SV, Maverick and Valravn!

• Haha 2

I have ruined my entire day haha j/k
You left a spot open for another coaster?  You took out SV, Maverick and Valravn!
What CP is going to do:. Leave Steel Vengeance. Take down TTD, Maverick, and MF, melt the steel down and send it to be reused to CSF. They'll build Magnum XXXL 325 by B&M.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

What CP is going to do:. Leave Steel Vengeance. Take down TTD, Maverick, and MF, melt the steel down and send it to be reused to CSF. They'll build Magnum XXXL 325emoji2398.png by B&M.

Ok now my rebuttal would be to rip down Rougaru and Raptor as well as Valravn and GateKeeper. Sent the scraps to Switzerland and have Intamin build 2 - 500 foot duling inverted winged dive  coasters! :lol:

• Like 1