What comes after the 2020 Giga?

KevM86

I was just kidding @Maverick44! I have a lot of respect for Intamin. Honestly, if I could choose any coaster to put at Kings Island next, I would want a modern Intamin Blitz. The concept you made in the Invertigo/Congo Falls area a while back was amazing. Now we just need Cedar Fair to make amends with them...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I was just kidding @Maverick44! I have a lot of respect for Intamin. Honestly, if I could choose any coaster to put at Kings Island next, I would want a modern Intamin Blitz. The concept you made in the Invertigo/Congo Falls area a while back was amazing. Now we just need Cedar Fair to make amends with them...

Agreed! I would love that haha. I was just saying lets raid  CF to see what plans they are working on for the next 5 years lol  Maybe Intamin is on that list! haha

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Agreed! I would love that haha. I was just saying lets raid  CF to see what plans they are working on for the next 5 years lol  Maybe Intamin is on that list! haha

It is kind of sad how Intamin used to be one of Cedar Fair’s “go to” manufactures and now Cedar Fair never uses them anymore. I think Intamin is trying to make a statement with all of these new rides they are putting in. I am sure if Cedar Fair ever works with them again, Intamin will go all out to try to make the best ride they can and as reliable as they can, so Cedar Fair will continue to work with them.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

It is kind of sad how Intamin used to be one of Cedar Fair’s “go to” manufactures and now Cedar Fair never uses them anymore. I think Intamin is trying to make a statement with all of these new rides they are putting in. I am sure if Cedar Fair ever works with them again, Intamin will go all out to try to make the best ride they can and as reliable as they can, so Cedar Fair will continue to work with them.

Agreed! I would love to just see 1 intimin coaster at KI lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Under my proposal, you would...sort of. All that Intamin crap steel melted into a glorious B&Memoji2398.png. emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’ll be honest, the first time I rode an Intamin ride, I was severely underwhelmed. When I went on the Eiffel Tower, I got no airtime. Please melt into B&M!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I’ll be honest, the first time I rode an Intamin ride, I was severely underwhelmed. When I went on the Eiffel Tower, I got no airtime. Please melt into B&M!

The first B&M I was ever on was Mantis...…………….WTH was that?  Headbanger lol Melt it for the Intamin polar coaster! Hey that tower is iconic for KI! Tread lightly young soul lol :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I've heard the highlight of Copperhead Strike is the Hangtime not the launches. I've heard the launches are not forceful on Mack coasters. 

So give me an Intamin Blitz or an S&S launched coaster like MaxForce.  IMO I want a great launch with alright hangtime. lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

So is the verdict out on Copperhead Strike? Its great? Is it Meh? is it bad? I will judge once I can get down there but compared to Maverick how is it?

It's fun! Nothing super impressive. Not very forceful. Slow, gradual launches. Great hangtime. A couple good airtime moments. Some fun laterals. Pretty short. Nice theming. Perfectly fine. Nothing like Mav. I rode it twice. Didn't need to ride it again.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, BringBackOurEagles said:

It's fun! Nothing super impressive. Not very forceful. Slow, gradual launches. Great hangtime. A couple good airtime moments. Some fun laterals. Pretty short. Nice theming. Perfectly fine. Nothing like Mav. I rode it twice. Didn't need to ride it again.

Thoughts on Carowinds’ Mountain Gliders? Are they as good as they used to be at Kings Island? LOL!

1 hour ago, BringBackOurEagles said:

That is all I need to hear! lol

• Like 1

I was thinking about multiple different things. But the more I think about RMC, I think it would be great if we could be one of the first parks to get the RMC Trex model. We get too high attendance for the Raptor. So I think it would be a good move to wait after the giga for the Trex model to come out and see how it goes and install one. I also say this because Kings Island is the perfect park to build an RMC ground up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I was thinking about multiple different things. But the more I think about RMC, I think it would be great if we could be one of the first parks to get the RMC Trex model. We get too high attendance for the Raptor. So I think it would be a good move to wait after the giga for the Trex model to come out and see how it goes and install one. I also say this because Kings Island is the perfect park to build an RMC ground up. 

How tall do you what this said T-rex. I hear they do not have a limit.

42 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

How tall do you what this said T-rex. I hear they do not have a limit.

My guess is nothing more than 200 feet. I don’t see Kings Island building another giga or something taller anytime soon, and even with only a 150 foot height, an RMC T-Rex would probably still be the best in the park. No matter what you give RMC to work with, the ride will be amazing!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

My guess is nothing more than 200 feet. I don’t see Kings Island building another giga or something taller anytime soon, and even with only a 150 foot height, an RMC T-Rex would probably still be the best in the park. No matter what you give RMC to work with, the ride will be amazing!

Why not go over 400'? That would give Ki the tallest coaster in the world? haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly, an RMC t-rex could be a great next investment if the giga is an air time monster. I don't think it is going to be so you might want something with more air time, but if it has enough I would be down to wait like 6 years to get a HUGE RMC t-rex that is a speed demon.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

This location definitely sounds like a perfect location for the next coaster. The type? I'm going back and forth between multiple. An RMC would definitely be my top choice. 

2019-07-29_15.01.05.jpg

I thought that area would be better for a dive.

layout.png

For ever I thought Timberwolf should go but if it does then so does all opportunities for concerts.

• Like 1

I made a B&M launched wing coaster using that whole area. It also comes with a new concert lawn area where spiritsong and other events can still be held. Enter that under the brake run. Plus a large plaza that can be used as the entry to the coaster as well as festivities for concert events. The name for the coaster is Falcon. The coaster also crosses over the front entrance path similar to GateKeeper, but not over the entrance building. 

2019-07-29_15.23.39.jpg

• Like 3