What comes after the 2020 Giga?

KevM86

I like the concept. B&M hasn't installed another launched coaster like that since Thunderbird. Also I can't see Ki doing this with Thunderbird a short drive away. It may just be me but yeah . Ki was also stated they won't touch the entrance. Would be cool. I think i'd like something else there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

I like the concept. B&M hasn't installed another launched coaster like that since Thunderbird. Also I can't see Ki doing this with Thunderbird a short drive away. It may just be me but yeah . Ki was also stated they won't touch the entrance. Would be cool. I think i'd like something else there.

They obviously wouldn't touch the entrance building since there is a purpose of that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

They obviously wouldn't touch the entrance building since there is a purpose of that. 

I am just not sure there are any of B&M models id like to see at KI. I can just go to CP if I want a dive. I can go to CP or HW for a wing coaster. How about a ground up RMC T-rex or a launched S&S or Intamin. Its just my opinion.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, saltyboi said:

I think they should add a Vekoma SLC or a b&m dive coaster

Are you serious right now? A SLC? They already have a great B&M invert. I can't believe there is someone out there that likes an SLC lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Are you serious right now? A SLC? They already have a great B&M invert. I can't believe there is someone out there that likes an SLC lol

bruh i was kidding 

• Like 1

I have zero interest in a dive coaster at Kings Island if it comes at the expense of an existing ride. I'd rather get the occasional beating on Vortex versus standing in line for an ultra-smooth dive that is unlikely to be remarkable over time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, saltyboi said:

bruh i was kidding 

Thank goodness, but a Vekoma SLC would still be better than anything Intamin has ever... never mind! LOL! I stopped myself @Maverick44! But in my honest opinion, I think the park needs a good Mack or Intamin launch coaster next, preferably Intamin.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Like I said before, if Cedar Fair would ever work with Intamin again, I would like to see something like what Pantheon at BGW is going to be. That would be really cool. Especially if replacing Invertigo/Congo Falls. For example: have the spike where the lift of Invertigo is. 

I would like that, but knowing Cedar Fair, they would probably leave out the vertical spike element in order for the ride to run three trains. Maybe Intamin could work something else in to allow the coaster to run three trains, but I am not sure. Pantheon can only run two trains of twenty people, and that is not enough for Kings Island, especially if it is situated at the front of the park. Nonetheless, even without a vertical spike, I am sure that any Intamin launch coaster that we got would be absolutely amazing!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Something like Steel Curtain would be nice. Maybe even themed to one of Cincy's sports teams. Like "The Big Red Machine"

Too bad the reds suck lol Maybe they will do a sports themed coaster when there is a team in Cincinnati that wins something.

I love the concept @Hawaiiancoasters325 and think a winged coaster would look great in that area and if we did get another B&M I would definitely want a wing coaster out of them all maybe a record breaking floorless but a dive coaster to me was nothing special even in the front row. 

If not a wing coaster and maybe even before I would actually love to see a multi launch coaster by Mack or S&S. We all know Intamin is probably not going to happen. In my opinion a launch would be a great option becuase it would help free up the FOF line. I love FOF but hate waiting the hour or so it takes and with the giga it is only going to be worse going forward. It would also be nice to have a different ride experience with a different type of restraint and different type of manufacturer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think an S&S air launch coaster that has a layout similar to steel curtains would be amazing. It would also be amazing if they could get a ground up RMC. Both imo, would be great additions to Kings Island. A Zero-g stall would be cool over the entrance if Kings Island decides to put a coaster there.

• Like 1

^Something interacting with the entry plaza, would be awesome.  Zero g stall, or if down the road getting a dive coaster, have it dive into a tunnel in the middle of the plaza...

A bit off topic but google earth really needs to update the satellite photos of the park

Screenshot_20190806-224925_Earth.jpg

• Like 3

**DOUBLE POST**

I was also thinking. What if they took out Backlot Stunt Coaster and put in something like Maverick in that spot. I know not likely since Cedar Fair isn't likely going to work with Intamin anytime soon. But they could maybe theme it to Rivertown since BLSC is sorta in Rivertown and at the same time, not really. I think that area would look much better tied into Rivertown and with a multi launch coaster or blitz. 

• Like 1

**TRIPLE POST** I understand the inactivity though due to the big announcement coming up.

Anyways, here is an idea I made for an Intamin blitz where BLSC is. It'd make that area part of Rivertown. Plus an interactive queue line all inside a barn. A two level barn so there is switchbacks on both levels. I give you Mustang! (Yes, I'm aware that was the rumored name for Diamondback.)

2019-08-09_14.18.24.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/6/2019 at 11:26 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Didn't Cedar Fair say they don't want to change the entrance of the park? So I don't think we are looking at too much in terms of interacting with the entrance area if we're looking at a coaster in the Invertigo/Congo Falls plot. 

I know they mentioned they wouldn't mess with the entrance I thought it was more the gate itself, but I could be wrong... I'm down for an Intamin Blitz myself... Also would like to see a Gerstlauer infinity.  Something like The Smiler at Alton Towers but maybe taller

This is just an honest question, I genuinely have no context for the park's long term plans, but why wouldn't they want to mess with the entrance to the park? IMO, the park is feeling pretty well rounded right now, especially with the addition of the giga next year. There are ride types KI doesn't have of course, but it doesn't feel like there's anything desperately missing from the lineup, nor is there any specific area of the park that really needs a big new attraction without removing an existing one.

The only thing that kinda sticks out like a sore thumb is the entrance, it feels really outdated compared to the rest of the park, especially with recent improvements to international street. The updated entrances for CP and Carowinds are really iconic for those parks, and I'm not necessarily saying/expecting KI should plop a big new coaster right on the front gate, but a redone entry with even just some really nice landscaping or a clearer view of the ET and fountains would be really nice. Really feels like it would be a nice celebration of the park for the 50th in 2022.

• Like 1