What comes after the 2020 Giga?

KevM86

I totally agree, I’ve talked about the entrance a lot, I’m sure others have seen me post about it lol. I do feel strongly about it because it really is dated. Im not sure how they could modernize it though. The shingles are what date it, and removing those leaves a big box. It should look like the new parking lot entrance and sign, but I can’t imagine that building being brought to modern standards. 

I still believe they will do a Camp Snoopy renovation, including boo blasters leaving or being refurbished.  Then a couple of years of general touch ups, then a new coaster in 2024-26. 

• Like 2

I say definitely they need to at least modernize the entrance. Like maybe put a new advertisement screen on it and maybe build some new ticket booths and season pass processing area. The season pass processing building feels very old and outdated imo so I think it would be nice to build a new modern one as well as new ticket booths. Maybe just maybe they could do that if/when they do something with the Invertigo/Congo Falls land and top the renovated entry area with a new shiny coaster at the front of the park. But still, I'm hoping for a record smashing RMC as our next major project. I would love if they could find a way to use the former Son of Beast station and utilize the big field behind Banshee and The Bat. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

put a new advertisement screen on it

Boy I seriously hope not!!  Just what the park needs, another screen to fill with flashy-spasktastic-seizure-inducing ad content. <_< 

The GateKeeper coaster going over the CP entrance makes it pretty cool.  The obnoxious insanely bright banner sign below it...not so much.  

I agree the current entrance has a dated look, but I don't think an LED board is the best fix.  

• Like 3

Restore, don't replace! Put new shingles on the building, add the flags back, remove the ads, and highlight the year's new addition in the landscaping on the right side. Redesign the ticketing area. Maybe....maybe....add signage like CP and CWinds in the circle where the Christmas tree goes. Some rocking chairs like CWinds has would be cool. But don't ruin the sight lines of walking through turnstiles and seeing IS in all the glory.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 8/14/2019 at 6:59 PM, BeeastFarmer said:

Restore, don't replace! Put new shingles on the building, add the flags back, remove the ads, and highlight the year's new addition in the landscaping on the right side. Redesign the ticketing area. Maybe....maybe....add signage like CP and CWinds in the circle where the Christmas tree goes. Some rocking chairs like CWinds has would be cool. But don't ruin the sight lines of walking through turnstiles and seeing IS in all the glory.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Maybe add Project X and new additions to 2019 as a statue or another replica.

On 8/14/2019 at 3:19 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I say definitely they need to at least modernize the entrance. Like maybe put a new advertisement screen on it and maybe build some new ticket booths and season pass processing area. The season pass processing building feels very old and outdated imo so I think it would be nice to build a new modern one as well as new ticket booths. Maybe just maybe they could do that if/when they do something with the Invertigo/Congo Falls land and top the renovated entry area with a new shiny coaster at the front of the park. But still, I'm hoping for a record smashing RMC as our next major project. I would love if they could find a way to use the former Son of Beast station and utilize the big field behind Banshee and The Bat. 

The season pass processing feels like going through prison intake... Legitimately, I looked at my wife the first time we got season passes and told her it reminded me of through intake... However that was 18 years ago

• Haha 2

I think we'll get RMC and another B&M for our next big coasters. I think we'll get an RMC similar to Goliath at SFGA except longer. Then possibly a floorless or dive after that. I think we're full on mid-range coasters with The Bat, AE, BLSC, and MT. What we really need are flats to be installed in between coaster additions 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm thinking an RMC ground up woodie or hybrid in 23/24 and then a Mack multi launch or maybe just maybe an Intamin blitz in 27/28. 

A ground-up hybrid wouldn't really make sense considering rmc's never done that before, at that point you might as well get a T-Rex. 

I can see a coaster like Copperhead Strike coming if it replaces Backlot Stunt Coaster. Not that it needs to be replaced (even though its theming is totally out of place in the Cedar Fair era). But if we had both it would feel like the same thing with some inversions.

I've said it before but I would love to see a thrilling flat ride come to to X-ba--ahem--Area 72 to round out the area.

I would be kinda disappointed if we got a B&M dive or wing coaster but wouldn't be surprised. Would much rather have an RMC ground-up even though there's no precedent for that. Maybe if we beg for it enough we'll get our "budget RMC." :lol: T-rex though... That's a real possibility if we're talking next coaster 2025+.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Ground up hybrids are kinda dumb. RMC hybrids existed to fix old, crappy wooden coasters in need of help. I'd prefer a wood over a hybrid, especially with our already stellar collection of wooden coasters.

I wouldn't  touch The Beast or The Racer for a potential RMC job.

As someone who has ridden both a topper track "wood" coaster and 2 i-box "hybid" coasters,  I can say that the track feel is the same. What RMC calls a wood coaster is a structural steel track bolted to wood. Only GCI and the Gravity Group make true wooden coasters. RMC just likes to market that they do. By the way all three RMC's I've been on are FAN-TAS-TIC.

• Like 2

I know a RMC is the obvious choice but how about some different options. If they had to remove Vortex what about a Chance Hyper GT-X coaster but custom built for the area. I have heard great things about the coaster and would be kinda cool to replace The Vortex with something very similar. 

Also instead of an Intamin blitz what about a custom built Vekoma shockwave style coaster. I know they have not had the best history but they seemed to have turned a corner. If not a multi launch maybe a Vekoma Bermuda Blitz. I don’t think they have any launch but have the same type of layout and twist and turns as a launch. 

I would just love some variety in the park going forward. 

Realistically, Cedar Fair is going to want to go with someone who's reliable and has a pretty good track record. I want to rule out gerstlauer from this park just because I feel like they're coasters are geared toward smaller tier CF parks. For example, a Gerstlauer at Worlds of Fun would be more realistic than them getting a B&M at this point.

I know everybody's thinking Mack but they're pretty expensive because they manufacture everything overseas. I don't think Cedar Fair would want to invest another 20 million dollar coaster at Kings Island after they poured all that money out for a giga. Much like how we got an affordable GCI after Banshee, I think we'll be getting an RMC to save some money.

This also fits in with my theory that each major section the park get something in a specific order. Xbase/Area 72 got Firehawk in 2007, Rivertown got Diamondbackback in 2009, Action Zone got Banshee in 2014, Rivertown got Mystic Timbers in 2017, and now Area 72 will be getting Orion in 2020. If you follow this logic, Action Zone is the next section to get a coaster.

If KI could fit a roller coaster in within the train ride with Mystic Timbers, they could make something work for Action Zone.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I think we'll be getting an RMC to save some money.

The only problem with this is a ground up RMC would not be cheap. A retrack for RMC would be say 10 million so a ground up would still be roughly 20 million if not more. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

The only problem with this is a ground up RMC would not be cheap. A retrack for RMC would be say 10 million so a ground up would still be roughly 20 million if not more. 

It depends. 

Outlaw Run: 10.8 million

Wildfire: 12 million

Lighting Rod: 22 million but that was because of the extra cost of making it a launch coaster

• Like 1