What comes after the 2020 Giga?

KevM86

I feel like the park has done a good job of listening to guest feedback.  We wanted Antiques back, we got Antiques back.  We wanted a Giga, we're getting a Giga.

The coaster manufacturer that I hear most from people is RMC.  Plus a wooden coaster in AZ would give a nice contrast to all of the steel over there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

It depends. 

Outlaw Run: 10.8 million

Wildfire: 12 million

Lighting Rod: 22 million but that was because of the extra cost of making it a launch coaster

Yes, the cost for Lightning Rod was probably as high as it was because of the launch technology and the overall themeing Dollywood created for it. If we were to get a ground up wooden RMC with a 200ft-220ft tall chain lift hill, I estimate it would probably cost around 15-20 million depending on the length and themeing of the coaster.

• Like 1

Here’s what I think would be nice 

2021 - Flat ride (A Screamin swing would be perfect but I’m not getting my hopes up)

2022- Water Park investments 

2023- Family rides?

2024 - Maybe a Dive Coaster in Action Zone where Invertigo and Congo falls is?

Id love for Action Zone to be gone (One less paramount scar) and be rethemed to a haunted area, Haunted Hollow sounds like a cool area name.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I feel like the park has done a good job of listening to guest feedback.  We wanted Antiques back, we got Antiques back.  We wanted a Giga, we're getting a Giga.

In that case, next should be a resurfaced parking lot followed by the return of the backwards Racer. :)

I do also feel that since Mike Koontz became general manager, the park has been paying a lot more attention to guest feedback, though. Especially on the little things that make a big difference. 

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

In that case, next should be a resurfaced parking lot followed by the return of the backwards Racer. :)

I do also feel that since Mike Koontz became general manager, the park has been paying a lot more attention to guest feedback, though. Especially on the little things that make a big difference. 

Mike Seems to be doing a fantastic job, this year was probably one of the best years when it comes to additions in my opinion with the several all around improvements that were needed. 

Does anyone know how much it’d cost to repave the entire parking lot (I’m aware they’d likely only repave the most used portions)

50 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Does anyone know how much it’d cost to repave the entire parking lot (I’m aware they’d likely only repave the most used portions)

Some digital bar napkin math here using google maps measurement and googling the average cost per square foot to resurface a parking lot.  

Lot: 4500’ x 850’ @ $1.59 per square foot is about $6M.  

Maybe that is what the “missing” 13’ is going towards.  :P

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Some digital bar napkin math here using google maps measurement and googling the average cost per square foot to resurface a parking lot.  

Lot: 4500’ x 850’ @ $1.59 per square foot is about $6M.  

Maybe that is what the “missing” 13’ is going towards.  :P

I think the 13 ft trade for repaved parking lot is a great decision 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, WoodVengeance said:

Yes, the cost for Lightning Rod was probably as high as it was because of the launch technology and the overall themeing Dollywood created for it. If we were to get a ground up wooden RMC with a 200ft-220ft tall chain lift hill, I estimate it would probably cost around 15-20 million depending on the length and themeing of the coaster.

Wildfire was only 11.3 million and stands 183ft tall. I think a ground up RMC topper at 210ft would be perfect. 15mill. I just don't think a woodie in AZ fits the "look"  

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here's a Mack double launch concept I made using the Invertigo/Congo Falls/Timberwolf plot of land. It also comes with a new concert lawn. Action Zone is renamed "Dark Forest" I give you Haunted Escape! 

I think a Mack could fit in there without taking out Timberwolf.

• Like 4

On 7/12/2019 at 9:38 PM, XBeastGirlX said:

I think Soak City will get an upgrade next and it will be a water coaster 

ETA 

i would like if we got a wild mouse too. I know they aren't crazy popular but I think they are really fun and a good family/ kid coaster. 

I'd love a wildmouse for the families either in Oktoberfest or behind the Eiffel Tower. 

My 10 year plan that's partially me dreaming:

2020 - Orion+Area 72

2021 - Planet Snoopy expansion/Camp Snoopy +Invertigo/Congo closure/Timberwolf removal

2022 - Soak City expansion + repaved parking lot

2023 - RMC record breaking woodie + Action Zone renamed

2024 - park improvements (front gate upgrades and new ground up restaurant.)

2025 - dark ride in Crypt building + BLSC closure

2026 - flat ride package

2027 - Double launch coaster (either Mack or Intamin. My take would be Intamin blitz, but likely a Mack)

2028 - Planet/Camp Snoopy expansion

2029 - new interactive activity (like forbidden frontier

2030 - Soak City expansion

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

2020 - Orion+Area 72

2021 - Planet Snoopy expansion/Camp Snoopy +Invertigo/Congo closure/Timberwolf removal

2026 - flat ride package

2027 - Double launch coaster (either Mack or Intamin. My take would be Intamin blitz, but likely a Mack)

Only way I see us getting 3 year coasters is if Orion is successful and draws in a noticeable increase in attendance, if not I foresee us going onto a 5 or 6 year cycle.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

2020 - Orion+Area 72

2026 - flat ride package

I can see the 2029 project happening sooner then that. If they are on a kick of adding this type of attraction. Then also for 2022. it would be one or the other. The parking lot is going to be a massive cost if they mill it and re pave the entire lot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

Only way I see us getting 3 year coasters is if Orion is successful and draws in a noticeable increase in attendance, if not I foresee us going onto a 5 or 6 year cycle.

I do not agree with this. Cedar Fair has already shown that they are investing in the major parks more than the others. I do not see Kings Island going over 5 years with out a coaster just for the reason they need to make sure Kings Island stays relevant. 

Also someone mentioned Blacktopping would cost roughly 6 million not saying they would do it all but really 6 million is nothing when you look at how much they put into the parks during an off year. They could easily break this down into a three year project at 2 million a piece but I doubt it will happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hueney020 said:

I do not agree with this. Cedar Fair has already shown that they are investing in the major parks more than the others. I do not see Kings Island going over 5 years with out a coaster just for the reason they need to make sure Kings Island stays relevant. 

Also someone mentioned Blacktopping would cost roughly 6 million not saying they would do it all but really 6 million is nothing when you look at how much they put into the parks during an off year. They could easily break this down into a three year project at 2 million a piece but I doubt it will happen. 

It’s a 30 million dollar coaster, if the attendance doesn’t change much then I see us moving to at least a 4 year cycle considering Cedar Fair has indicated that they will be making less large individual investments. And since it appears they’re going to move back to the one coaster a year (maybe two) I don’t see Kings Island getting a coaster every 3 years.

• Like 1