What comes after the 2020 Giga?

KevM86

I still want this 
59a9907e89e5f_chemicalride.thumb.png.d21fe47c59f710cb24a4fe524aafaeac.png.372678ed242e83daf0e785d618eebd8e.png

I keep reading the maintenance horror stories on these and it reminds of The OG Bat and SoB.

No thanks. It still feels like a prototype design. Until someone perfects it, zero interest there. We don’t need another coaster that is open for a day and then closed for 5.
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

What I've heard is that Yukon Striker's restraints don't lock as much and they move with you so you have more room to move around and you can feel the drop better. Again, that's what I've heard. 

I have heard this too. I heard they allow more "give" than previous B&M vest restraints.

17 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I made a front of the park wing coaster replacing Invertigo, Congo Falls, and the Kings Island theater 

Just out of curiosity, why get rid of Kings Island Theater that is used throughout the season when there is an outdoor one that, apart from storage, is only used once a year? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joshua said:

Just out of curiosity, why get rid of Kings Island Theater that is used throughout the season when there is an outdoor one that, apart from storage, is only used once a year? 

That's why I said it's super unlikely to happen, but it was just a concept I came up with and decided to go with it anyway. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

^ I agree I think we will see a Dive or Floorless before we see a Wing.  As far as the next Wing in the chain, I could see KD getting one because they need a reliable people eater, something to replace Volcano, and it would be something different than what BGW has.

Has Twisted timbers even done well for KD? I’ve heard it didn’t do much. Yes they need to replace Volcano but I don’t see them doing it any time soon to be quite honest. 

Id like a Launched Wing coaster over a Dive coaster, but I’d gladly see either of them come to Kings Island. I don’t really want to see a Floorless coaster come to Kings Island, I’d rather see the previously mentioned B&Ms or a Mack multilaunch come instead.

If I was KD, I would want to stay away from launched coasters for a while. Its closest competition, BGW, is getting Pantheon which will be the premier launched coaster of the state when it opens. Kings Dominion tends to differentiate themselves from BGW in many ways- for example, they don't have a dive, invert or hyper. I think a traditional chainlift wing coaster by B&M is the safest bet and can give the people of Virginia, and even the east coast, something different and reliable.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I found this Intamin blitz coaster concept on YouTube. Now I really wish CF would work with Intamin again because this would be amazing in the woods between Diamondback and The Beast! 

Unless Intamin's maintenance costs go down significantly, I wouldn't see Cedar Fair working with them anytime soon. Notice how the last time the chain got something from them was nearly 10 years ago. There's a reason for that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Unless Intamin's maintenance costs go down significantly, I wouldn't see Cedar Fair working with them anytime soon. Notice how the last time the chain got something from them was nearly 10 years ago. There's a reason for that.

Oh I know they most likely won't. I wish they would work with them though, but yes very unlikely they will anytime soon or ever. 

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like Action Zone needs the most work next. Would like to see Congo Falls and Invertigo removed to make room for new rides (move Congo to Soak City if possible, and ideally remove Timberwolf). Would like to see it turned into a dark forest theme to fit in some with Oktoberfest and The Bat and Banshee. Think a blitz coaster would be great in the opened space to keep it lower for the skyline and keepDrop Tower feeling taller. Add in more trees and a could flats to it and Oktoberfest (Der Spinning Keggers return). Another Wisteria type tunnels on the paths leading into the area woudl be great (the paths alongsidethe FEsthaus between AZ and Oktoberfest and the path between the Kings Island Theatre and AZ. 

Overall think the park really needs to add some more flats in. We've got a pretty great coaster line up now. Still some new types that could be added but a great line up as is. However it feels like there aren't a ton of flats though. Could make for a cheaper expansion or a big year with multiple new rides. Could see a twist and spash added in Rivertown, a Screamin' Swing added there or Area 72, tilt a whirl to Planet Snoopy maybe to help expand it and get the top spot back, Der Spinning Keggers back to fill a teacup style spot.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I definitely would love an Intamin blitz, but unfortunately I think it's a very low chance we'll ever see an Intamin coaster in the Cedar Fair chain again! 

This is how I see it... the only way I see Cedar Fair going back to Intamin is if Mack Rides can not provide them with what they want or if Mack Rides gets too expensive. Also, I heard Copperhead Strike has had some minor problems at Carowinds this year which may push Cedar Fair to realize that no matter if they go with Mack or Intamin, there will be some level of downtime. Also, Cedar Fair might (they really should) take note of Intamin’s recent innovations and new launch coasters that they are installing. But in the meantime, I think Cedar Fair is more comfortable working with Mack over Intamin.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, westcoaster said:

A Snoopy themed dark ride, w the whole gang where it xan be themed to summer halloween christmas, a small additional area to make the best kids area ever again..like snoopy in space with a 2nd dark ride, n a interactive doghouse like park....with Snoopy n the gang..

This concept is such a no-brainer. With 50 years of panels, 45 television specials, 5 movies, and a television series, Peanuts has a wealth of material and iconography to pull from. I'd like to see a few more easygoing ride experiences catered to families looking to make memories with their younger kids/grandkids, like many of our families did on The Smurfs' Enchanted Voyage. 

• Like 3