What comes after the 2020 Giga?

KevM86

Personally, I would be disappointed with changes to the main entrance. In a sense it is iconic going through the turnstiles and stepping though to the grand entrance of the fountains and international street. I remember growing up and the anticipation of what was beyond the entrance and being awed by the sounds and smells of the fountain.

A coaster there interrupting that scene would be a downer for me at least.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

Here is a concept I made not too long ago for a B&M Flying Coaster for Action Zone that goes around the front gate.

KIDream_AZ1.png

I can't read this too well. Can you tell me where the lift and brake run are? I know there is some type of twist over the walkway. Also, are you predicting we are going to go 7-8 years without a new coaster? Or is this just the future and we'll get some type of coaster before that like in 2024-2025? Although, since Orion is a pretty large investment, I could see us having a larger gap between Orion and the next coaster than the last two. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I can't read this too well. Can you tell me where the lift and brake run are? I know there is some type of twist over the walkway. Also, are you predicting we are going to go 7-8 years without a new coaster? Or is this just the future and we'll get some type of coaster before that like in 2024-2025? Although, since Orion is a pretty large investment, I could see us having a larger gap between Orion and the next coaster than the last two. 

I'm predicting we're going to be getting a coaster from either Mack or RMC around 2024-2025, then another B&M after that which is what my "Aethon" concept is based on. The lift hill is right below where it says "B&M flying coaster" and the first drop goes down below the walkway of the front entrance. The brake run is on the top side of the station where the white walkway is, I also put the transfer shed there too.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

I'm predicting we're going to be getting a coaster from either Mack or RMC around 2024-2025, then another B&M after that which is what my "Aethon" concept is based on. The lift hill is right below where it says "B&M flying coaster" and the first drop goes down below the walkway of the front entrance. The brake run is on the top side of the station where the white walkway is, I also put the transfer shed there too.

Where do you think the Mack or RMC could go? Sorry if I'm asking you too many questions. I'm just curious where you think it would go in the park. 

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Where do you think the Mack or RMC could go? Sorry if I'm asking you too many questions. I'm just curious where you think it would go in the park. 

My guess is that that they could either put it in Coney Mall where Vortex is now or more preferably in Rivertown in the plot of land between Diamondback and Beast where the Crypt building is now.

@Hawaiian Coasters 325, you're getting better with your editing! You've come a long way

Here's mine for a simple dive. An immalman where the drop of Invertigo would be, a cobra roll in the same general area where Invertigo's is, a MCBR, and a vertical loop after the MCBR before the final breaks. Looking back, I'd add a helix connecting the cobra roll to the MCBR.

Name- Demon

Height- 210ft

Drop- 215ft

Length- around 3,000ft

Inversions-4

simple dive.png

• Like 3

On 9/27/2019 at 2:22 AM, King Ding Dong said:

Is water pumped into pool quickly to create the spashdown or are scoops lowered on the train?

Neither, the pumps are there to remove the water after the splash.  The track is below the water line of the surrounding pool, it is filled by opening gates and just letting the water rush in.

Six Flags over Texas is getting one for next year, I have heard Six Flags went cheap and is not getting the rotating load platform so it will operate with only a single boat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Count me as someone who wants another woodie, or hybrid. I really really love RMCS and plan to go visit other parks to ride them. If KI got one that was a real killer...not necessarily better than Steal Vengeance, but on par and into the woods, then I'd have no need to spend money at any other parks honestly. The giga and the RMC plus what we already have would go a long way to keeping all my money at KI, rather than small excursions to Dollywood and Holidayworld or the like. I also simply love RMCs.  I'd love to see it called Son of Beast...the other one's lost twin brother.  Send it out into the woods either behind/ next to Orion to North or South, depending on terrains and stuff. 

• Like 3

I like the look of this thing. You can see where the water at the end is multifunctional. Yes, it sprays, but it also does a great job of introducing enough drag to slow the coaster car down. Less wear and tear on mechanical parts and things like brakes.

Knowing how water works in regards to pumps, it probably uses way less pressure than most think to actually get the car moving.

• Like 1

With the amount of discussion SOB makes. I wonder if they have fully shut the door on the thought of a SOB 2.0. I would go nuts if they came up with a RMC group up. I want that massive lift and pre drop again. But if the rest of the layout is different im cool with it. Anyone know if RMC can do a vertical loop? Just Curious 

• Like 3