What comes after the 2020 Giga?

KevM86

3 hours ago, JonahWilliamson said:

With the amount of discussion SOB makes. I wonder if they have fully shut the door on the thought of a SOB 2.0. I would go nuts if they came up with a RMC group up. I want that massive lift and pre drop again. But if the rest of the layout is different im cool with it. Anyone know if RMC can do a vertical loop? Just Curious  

From what I have heard RMC can indeed do loops, but their lead designer, Alan Schilke, doesn't like them so his designs don't use them (save Tennessee Tornado which he did with Arrow in 1999). Thus we aren't likely to see a loop on a huge RMC Hybird Coaster as long as he is the designer.

Thus if the park did decide to build a huge RMC (I would not be opposed) I'd imagine they might have to either come up with a new theme (they'd probably go this route- it would just be a huge RMC with little to no storyline ties to SOB), or find some way to explain why there isn't a loop in a SOB "tribute" coaster.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, McSalsa said:

From what I have heard RMC can indeed do loops, but their lead designer, Alan Schilke, doesn't like them so his designs don't use them (save Tennessee Tornado which he did with Arrow in 1999). Thus we aren't likely to see a loop on a huge RMC Hybird Coaster as long as he is the designer.

Thus if the park did decide to build a huge RMC (I would not be opposed) I'd imagine they might have to either come up with a new theme (they'd probably go this route- it would just be a huge RMC with little to no storyline ties to SOB), or find some way to explain why there isn't a loop in a SOB "tribute" coaster.

Since SoB was a tribute to The Beast, just say the loop was a misguided youth thing. Beasts don't do loops. Or something like that.  I know having a killer RMC that was called SoB would make the SoB story so much more palatable for everyone involved and it would be a must-ride thing for everyone into amusement parks. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/28/2019 at 12:38 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

I have pulled all the next coaster discussion out of the decoding thread and put it in the one Fun&Only created. I realize there are other older threads, but I think it is best starting with a new thread knowing what we know with the current construction for 2020.

What is the new forum called?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 3:06 PM, WoodVengeance said:

I don't like the idea of Congo Falls getting torn out, but I know it's also not that popular of an attraction anymore so Cedar Fair may very well consider it. It may be a bit far-fetched, but if Congo Falls does get removed, I would hope that at some point in the distant future, Kings Island puts in a Mack Rides Power Splash or Water Coaster in Rivertown where the TR;TR building is.

I think with the news of Vortex being removed, maybe just maybe they could move Congo falls in the plot of land that Vortex used. I would prefer they build another roller coaster in that land, but that's an option if they want to add a roller coaster in Action Zone.

On 8/28/2019 at 10:27 PM, kirbias1 said:

I think it is comical that a lot of people are predicting a record breaking RMC for the next coaster at KI. I do believe it will be a ground up RMC hybrid, but it will have similar stats to Twisted Timbers, not SV. Cedar Fair has obviously shown us that they are not interested in building record breaking rides at KI (with the exception of Banshee's longest inverted coaster record, which no one really cares about). The good news is that Twisted Timbers is a great ride.

Here's what I'm really thinking. I'm thinking they'll put a ground up rmc in the spot of Vortex and make it similar to how Twisted Timbers was built. And I want to quote my sister when she says, why does everything have to be record breaking? Kings Island has nostalgia with the fountains, international street, and family atmosphere. If you want record breaking, go to Cedar Point. Getting back to what I was saying, I agree with you dude and believe that they should build the rmc ground up similar to Twisted Timbers, but make it a little longer to accommodate three trains. Just go in the pattern of Maverick in a way. It wasn't the tallest or fastest, but was the steepest and still is the steepest at Cedar Point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 7:00 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Decided to make this for what could replace Backlot Stunt Coaster if it's removed. This is an overhead of an intamin blitz (I used Maverick as a reference)

2020-02-21_21.47.11.jpg

I would love something like this. I have always felt a steeplechase type themed blitz style coaster would be great there. A blitz coaster would be fun and having the hroses/steeplechase theme would be a good mix for it being nestled between Coney Mall and Rivertown. It kind of fits the theme for both.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Benjamin22 said:

It does take up quite a bit of land but there’s still plenty of room to add flat rides around BLSC. 

I would rework the paths surronding the greenspace so that there is more land on either side. That plaza doesn't need to be as big as it is anyway.

In all honesty I'd like to see BLSC added to Rivertown and rethemed during an off year. Remove the police cars, billboards, helicopter etc and retheme it to the west (or even to the derby since KY isn't too far away)

Something like this would fit the theme.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, RedSummit20 said:

omg one of those at Ki you're joking right lol 

I didn’t suggest one should be added to the park, all I did was share a similar model of coaster to motorbike coaster that was being discussed. But yes I agree one is not likely to come to Kings Island. 

7 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

I didn’t suggest one should be added to the park, all I did was share a similar model of coaster to motorbike coaster that was being discussed. But yes I agree one is not likely to come to Kings Island. 

okay i was going to say lol. I think we will get and need a ground up RMC. Its a flagship park for CF and it dont have an RMC, plus it would be cool for ohio to have 2 giga's and 2 rmc's 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cincinatired said:

Backlot is already in river town 

4 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yes, but the theme doesn't really go with Rivertown too much.

It was originally part of Coney. I don't know who changed it on the Wikipedia page. That plot of land is odd because it was always 1/2 Coney Mall. 1/2 Rivertown. 

As it stands, it makes more sense to consider BLSC a part of Coney Mall.

With Vortex's removal, it might make it a little easier for boundaries to be made.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2020 at 4:08 PM, SonofBaconator said:

It was originally part of Coney. I don't know who changed it on the Wikipedia page. That plot of land is odd because it was always 1/2 Coney Mall. 1/2 Rivertown. 

As it stands, it makes more sense to consider BLSC a part of Coney Mall.

With Vortex's removal, it might make it a little easier for boundaries to be made.

I work at ki in river town 

it’s in river town 

my manager told me it was

troika is also in RT Now 

On 2/26/2020 at 3:16 PM, SonofBaconator said:
On 2/26/2020 at 11:17 AM, Cincinatired said:

it’s in river town 

troika is also in RT Now 

Troika huh?

If that's the case, I hope theming improves throughout that stretch to reflect on the Rivertown theme

Yeah....I don't think "Troika" is being annexed by Rivertown. Unless, you know, they move it there...

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2020 at 3:16 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Troika huh?

If that's the case, I hope theming improves throughout that stretch to reflect on the Rivertown theme

Shake, Rattle and Roll is considered Rivertown in the Rides department, but thematically it’s always been Coney Mall. Just like how the Eiffel Tower is on International Street, but Rides groups it into Planet Snoopy.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Cincinatired said:

No not like that

It’s paired with backlot for ride ops

1 hour ago, KIghostguy said:

Shake, Rattle and Roll is considered Rivertown in the Rides department, but thematically it’s always been Coney Mall. Just like how the Eiffel Tower is on International Street, but Rides groups it into Planet Snoopy.

Ok these really clear things up! I kinda knew that, but I guess I took it in a different way. Thanks!

On 2/26/2020 at 11:17 AM, Cincinatired said:

it’s in river town 

troika is also in RT Now 

Technically but not really, Backlot is in Coney Mall, but the crew meets in Rivertown, and associates with that side of the park instead of meeting at Skyline. I've never understood that myself, I think it's to break up power between areas and managers. 

• Like 2