What comes after the 2020 Giga?

KevM86

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

So since Vortex is gone and we have a giant plot of land to deal with, I think a RMC would be great. I was watching this steel vengeance designers tour and it’s dated may 18th 2019. And I spotted chad and don in the video. Did they know Vortex was leaving. Did they come to see what there next coaster could be/ could look like after Orion?

A8568E36-6F57-4AF5-9EDA-192813D2241A.jpeg

The final decision to close Vortex was not even made until September, 2019. Additionally, Don is area manager of digital marketing and Chad Showalter is the director of communications. They have no say as to what the park installs. Most (all?) Cedar Fair full-timers are invited to media days. For instance, you can see Greg Scheid in the background of GateKeeper media day videos, Jason McClure in Banshee media day videos, etc.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

The final decision to close Vortex was not even made until September, 2019. 

Well that’s certainly a TIL,  knew it seemed like a sudden decision but wow. Thanks for sharing, hope to read more about it in your book.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Benjamin22 said:

Well that’s certainly a TIL,  knew it seemed like a sudden decision but wow. Thanks for sharing, hope to read more about it in your book.

Yes, there is a section on it in my book. A lot of people have theorized over the reason why it closed and why it was in 2019. The truth is a lot simpler than what most people on here think.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I still think we need some flats in Rivertown- possibly on the land surrounding BLSC

Yes please!! That land behind the showplace is a perfect spot for a new flat. I believe that space hasn't been occupied since the water theater was there long before my time.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Since the chain is cutting $75 million in investments I wouldn't expect anything huge in the near future

Yeah, I think this is an indicator that we are going to have a large gap between Orion and the next coaster. However, the chain only said that they are cutting investments for 2020 and 2021. That means 2022 and beyond we'll see investments built that were likely planned for 2021 and beyond. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yeah, I think this is an indicator that we are going to have a large gap between Orion and the next coaster. However, the chain only said that they are cutting investments for 2020 and 2021. That means 2022 and beyond we'll see investments built that were likely planned for 2021 and beyond. 

I expect there to be an even bigger gap since the chain is trying to invest more in their lower tier parks as well. I'd say we might only get two coasters this decade- one in the middle and one towards the end. Expect to see more investments on shows, experiences, theming, and maybe flat rides.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SonofBaconator said:

I expect there to be an even bigger gap since the chain is trying to invest more in their lower tier parks as well. I'd say we might only get two coasters this decade- one in the middle and one towards the end. Expect to see more investments on shows, experiences, theming, and maybe flat rides.

I'm starting to think 2027 could be our next coaster. If the 20 year thing between CP and KI actually has meaning, that could be the year we get our Maverick or multi launch coaster. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm starting to think 2027 could be our next coaster. If the 20 year thing between CP and KI actually has meaning, that could be the year we get our Maverick or multi launch coaster. 

I honestly don't think that's their legitimate plan for when they install coasters. If that were the case Mystic Timbers would have never needed to be built and we'll be getting a strata by 2023. Maybe we get another launch in our line-up but there's an even bigger gap they need to fill

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 6:16 PM, SonofBaconator said:

I could see Kings Island putting a ride like this in the near future. I could also see the park getting a traditional ferris wheel. With the Coronavirus messing up things, I could see a new roller coaster come in 2023. If not for the coronavirus, I was saying 2022. My gut tells me they don't want to let the former Vortex land sit vacant too long.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I made another intamin coaster, but in Action Zone replacing Invertigo and Congo Falls. It reuses the station of Congo Falls. I give you Tyrant

2020-04-21_17.23.49.jpg

I might just ride that after I visit Oktoberfest and swing by Auntie Anne's where takeout IS available!

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

How would y'all feel about a mini B&M dive coaster similar to Emperor, Valkyria, Baron 1898, and Oblivion The Black Hole? I really don't see the next coaster going over 200 feet (especially with this coronavirus mess), but I do think that B&M will build it. I could see an extensive amount of theming for it, including a drop underneath a path or entryway, and taking the world record for most inversions on a dive coaster with five or six.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

How would y'all feel about a mini B&M dive coaster similar to Emperor, Valkyria, Baron 1898, and Oblivion The Black Hole? I really don't see the next coaster going over 200 feet (especially with this coronavirus mess), but I do think that B&M will build it. I could see an extensive amount of theming for it,  including a drop underneath a path or entryway, and taking the world record for most inversions on a dive coaster with five or six.

If we got something with similar to Dominator or even Hydra with a dive, I'd be 100% on board with that

• Like 3