Jump to content
KevM86

What comes after the 2020 Giga?

Recommended Posts

Maybe Kings Island with an RMC topper track woodie could go after records. It would be cheaper to go after wooden coaster records than steel coaster records. Plus Kings Island loves being known for their wooden coasters so maybe an RMC woodie could try and take the records SOB used to have back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the park has done a good job of listening to guest feedback.  We wanted Antiques back, we got Antiques back.  We wanted a Giga, we're getting a Giga.

The coaster manufacturer that I hear most from people is RMC.  Plus a wooden coaster in AZ would give a nice contrast to all of the steel over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

It depends. 

Outlaw Run: 10.8 million

Wildfire: 12 million

Lighting Rod: 22 million but that was because of the extra cost of making it a launch coaster

 

Yes, the cost for Lightning Rod was probably as high as it was because of the launch technology and the overall themeing Dollywood created for it. If we were to get a ground up wooden RMC with a 200ft-220ft tall chain lift hill, I estimate it would probably cost around 15-20 million depending on the length and themeing of the coaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s what I think would be nice 

2021 - Flat ride (A Screamin swing would be perfect but I’m not getting my hopes up)

2022- Water Park investments 

2023- Family rides?

2024 - Maybe a Dive Coaster in Action Zone where Invertigo and Congo falls is?

Id love for Action Zone to be gone (One less paramount scar) and be rethemed to a haunted area, Haunted Hollow sounds like a cool area name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I feel like the park has done a good job of listening to guest feedback.  We wanted Antiques back, we got Antiques back.  We wanted a Giga, we're getting a Giga.

In that case, next should be a resurfaced parking lot followed by the return of the backwards Racer. :)

I do also feel that since Mike Koontz became general manager, the park has been paying a lot more attention to guest feedback, though. Especially on the little things that make a big difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

In that case, next should be a resurfaced parking lot followed by the return of the backwards Racer. :)

I do also feel that since Mike Koontz became general manager, the park has been paying a lot more attention to guest feedback, though. Especially on the little things that make a big difference. 

Mike Seems to be doing a fantastic job, this year was probably one of the best years when it comes to additions in my opinion with the several all around improvements that were needed. 

Does anyone know how much it’d cost to repave the entire parking lot (I’m aware they’d likely only repave the most used portions)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Does anyone know how much it’d cost to repave the entire parking lot (I’m aware they’d likely only repave the most used portions)

Some digital bar napkin math here using google maps measurement and googling the average cost per square foot to resurface a parking lot.  

Lot: 4500’ x 850’ @ $1.59 per square foot is about $6M.  

Maybe that is what the “missing” 13’ is going towards.  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Some digital bar napkin math here using google maps measurement and googling the average cost per square foot to resurface a parking lot.  

Lot: 4500’ x 850’ @ $1.59 per square foot is about $6M.  

Maybe that is what the “missing” 13’ is going towards.  :P

I think the 13 ft trade for repaved parking lot is a great decision 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem S&S and Premier both have for a park like KI are that they don't have high capacity.  Look at the slow moving lines for our existing Premier coasters FOF and BLSC.  I will give the BLSC crew credit though they are very efficient considering the low capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, WoodVengeance said:

Yes, the cost for Lightning Rod was probably as high as it was because of the launch technology and the overall themeing Dollywood created for it. If we were to get a ground up wooden RMC with a 200ft-220ft tall chain lift hill, I estimate it would probably cost around 15-20 million depending on the length and themeing of the coaster.

Wildfire was only 11.3 million and stands 183ft tall. I think a ground up RMC topper at 210ft would be perfect. 15mill. I just don't think a woodie in AZ fits the "look"  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oberPHfan said:

Wildfire was only 11.3 million and stands 183ft tall. I think a ground up RMC topper at 210ft would be perfect. 15mill. I just don't think a woodie in AZ fits the "look"  

There used to be one in AZ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here's a Mack double launch concept I made using the Invertigo/Congo Falls/Timberwolf plot of land. It also comes with a new concert lawn. Action Zone is renamed "Dark Forest" I give you Haunted Escape! 

 

I think a Mack could fit in there without taking out Timberwolf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 9:38 PM, XBeastGirlX said:

I think Soak City will get an upgrade next and it will be a water coaster 

ETA 

i would like if we got a wild mouse too. I know they aren't crazy popular but I think they are really fun and a good family/ kid coaster. 

I'd love a wildmouse for the families either in Oktoberfest or behind the Eiffel Tower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have come up with a Intamin launch coaster with a vertical spike before giant top hat.

I give you Wendigo. It has a launch out of station into a tower like Cheetah Hunt.

Only removed Invertigo and Congo Falls.

Yayy for fun! haha

 

Wendigo.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 10 year plan that's partially me dreaming:

2020 - Orion+Area 72

2021 - Planet Snoopy expansion/Camp Snoopy +Invertigo/Congo closure/Timberwolf removal

2022 - Soak City expansion + repaved parking lot

2023 - RMC record breaking woodie + Action Zone renamed

2024 - park improvements (front gate upgrades and new ground up restaurant.)

2025 - dark ride in Crypt building + BLSC closure

2026 - flat ride package

2027 - Double launch coaster (either Mack or Intamin. My take would be Intamin blitz, but likely a Mack)

2028 - Planet/Camp Snoopy expansion

2029 - new interactive activity (like forbidden frontier

2030 - Soak City expansion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the next world record coaster they get in few yrs will need to be a hyper wooden coaster. This will give Cedar Fair only the 2nd park to have 3 rides over 200ft.

 

I cant get that an image out of my head that RMC was at Ki last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

My 10 year plan that's partially me dreaming:

2020 - Orion+Area 72

2021 - Planet Snoopy expansion/Camp Snoopy +Invertigo/Congo closure/Timberwolf removal

2022 - Soak City expansion + repaved parking lot

2023 - RMC record breaking woodie + Action Zone renamed

2024 - park improvements (front gate upgrades and new ground up restaurant.)

2025 - dark ride in Crypt building + BLSC closure

2026 - flat ride package

2027 - Double launch coaster (either Mack or Intamin. My take would be Intamin blitz, but likely a Mack)

2028 - Planet/Camp Snoopy expansion

2029 - new interactive activity (like forbidden frontier

2030 - Soak City expansion

Only way I see us getting 3 year coasters is if Orion is successful and draws in a noticeable increase in attendance, if not I foresee us going onto a 5 or 6 year cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

My 10 year plan that's partially me dreaming:

2020 - Orion+Area 72

2021 - Planet Snoopy expansion/Camp Snoopy +Invertigo/Congo closure/Timberwolf removal

2022 - Soak City expansion + repaved parking lot

2023 - RMC record breaking woodie + Action Zone renamed

2024 - park improvements (front gate upgrades and new ground up restaurant.)

2025 - dark ride in Crypt building + BLSC closure

2026 - flat ride package

2027 - Double launch coaster (either Mack or Intamin. My take would be Intamin blitz, but likely a Mack)

2028 - Planet/Camp Snoopy expansion

2029 - new interactive activity (like forbidden frontier

2030 - Soak City expansion

I can see the 2029 project happening sooner then that. If they are on a kick of adding this type of attraction. Then also for 2022. it would be one or the other. The parking lot is going to be a massive cost if they mill it and re pave the entire lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

Only way I see us getting 3 year coasters is if Orion is successful and draws in a noticeable increase in attendance, if not I foresee us going onto a 5 or 6 year cycle.

I do not agree with this. Cedar Fair has already shown that they are investing in the major parks more than the others. I do not see Kings Island going over 5 years with out a coaster just for the reason they need to make sure Kings Island stays relevant. 

Also someone mentioned Blacktopping would cost roughly 6 million not saying they would do it all but really 6 million is nothing when you look at how much they put into the parks during an off year. They could easily break this down into a three year project at 2 million a piece but I doubt it will happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...