Jump to content

What comes after the 2020 Giga?


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

My 10 year plan that's partially me dreaming:

2020 - Orion+Area 72

2021 - Planet Snoopy expansion/Camp Snoopy +Invertigo/Congo closure/Timberwolf removal

2022 - Soak City expansion + repaved parking lot

 

Sorry for the double post but also do we really need a Soak City expansion. I am not saying we do or not. I am actually curious about what people think about this. 

My opinion it could definitely use a few more different slides in the back but I feel like the lines are not to bad. Actually what they really need is more chairs and lounge chairs even if it is in the grass areas. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In that case, next should be a resurfaced parking lot followed by the return of the backwards Racer. I do also feel that since Mike Koontz became general manager, the park has been paying a lot

Please don't touch that lake, its one of the few pieces of nature we have left in the park

I don't see a SOB 2.0 ever happening, at least not with CF in charge. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

 

Sorry for the double post but also do we really need a Soak City expansion. I am not saying we do or not. I am actually curious about what people think about this. 

My opinion it could definitely use a few more different slides in the back but I feel like the lines are not to bad. Actually what they really need is more chairs and lounge chairs even if it is in the grass areas. 

2022 would be 6 years since the last Soak City expansion (unless Soak City stuff is planned for 2021 instead). So it would definitely be time for some new Soak City stuff like a new slide or two or even upgrades to the little kids stuff. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

It’s a 30 million dollar coaster, if the attendance doesn’t change much then I see us moving to at least a 4 year cycle considering Cedar Fair has indicated that they will be making less large individual investments. And since it appears they’re going to move back to the one coaster a year (maybe two) I don’t see Kings Island getting a coaster every 3 years.

I understand that but at the same time no one expected Mystic Timbers to come when it did. It was not really a need for the park and they built that. Now we are getting a giga again 3 years later so just from that stand point the mind frame makes sense it will be every 3. However I agree with every 4 years though every three years would be crazy fast for building that many coasters that often. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

2022 would be 6 years since the last Soak City expansion (unless Soak City stuff is planned for 2021 instead). So it would definitely be time for some new Soak City stuff like a new slide or two or even upgrades to the little kids stuff. 

I get that. That’s why I asked becuase I didn’t exactly know what you meant as expansion. Definitely needs a few more slides and the kids area definitely needs some fixing up. 

Kids area could possibly go under regular yearly maintenance kinda like they said they were going to do with The Racers. I would love to see more track replacement until it’s 100% smooth

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

kinda like they said they were going to do with The Racers. I would love to see more track replacement until it’s 100% smooth

I found The Racers way worse than they were even 3 years ago.  Was looking forward to seeing what "improvements" they did but found out there really werent any

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Soak City needs an over 21 lazy river with alcohol like Crocktail Creek at Zoombezi Bay.  Want to increase per caps?   That is how it is done.  

Then the underage people would try to organize an event saying "Storm that lazy river. They can't stop all of us" Lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Soak City needs an over 21 lazy river with alcohol like Crocktail Creek at Zoombezi Bay.  Want to increase per caps?   That is how it is done.  

Haha!!! I second that. Our kids are old enough to go off on their own so I think that would be a great addition. Now that I think of it they definitely need another bar in Soak City anyways so why not a poolside bar like Cedar Point. 

@Kingshaven I agree with you about The Racer. Some say it is much better but I do not agree. It needs a lot more work becuase it shacks the s*** out of me. Unfortunately not fun to ride for me at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Then the underage people would try to organize an event saying "Storm that lazy river. They can't stop all of us" Lol

Well they don’t do that at Zoombezi Bay, probably because they have lions, tigers and bears they could easily be fed to.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Soak City needs a water coaster ..... and a new theme.  Can they pay homage to the area and rename it Surf Cincinnati?  Not sure how the trademarks and naming would work, but give it a "local feel" rather than the generic Soak City (seems like CF is moving away from the Soak City branding for all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hueney020 said:

 I agree with you about The Racer. Some say it is much better but I do not agree. It needs a lot more work becuase it shacks the s*** out of me. Unfortunately not fun to ride for me at all. 

Yeah it was a 1 and done Thursday.  I remember back in the day u could ride this nonstop without much headbanging and shaking.  It use to be a coaster you could almost fall asleep on.

However Vortex was about as smooth as i've felt in a long time.  I don't know why.  I know they didn't do anything to it.  

AND my biggest disappointment was Mystic Timbers.  This was my first time riding it and I found the ride very uncomfortable.  Yes the airtime was great but some of the twist and turns did not have a smooth transition.  I dont understand why so many people luv this coaster.  I find Beast a much more enjoyable ride.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the Surf Cincinnati name idea! B) Can we also get all the old WaterWorks attraction names back, please (except for Bonsai Pipeline... I think SIX has that one)?

As for the future, here is a wish list of stuff that I’d love to see come to KI as well as things that would be cool, but are not as high up on the list...

a B&M Floorless

Interactive area like a Forbidden Frontier (and a climbing structure please!)

MOAR flats! DZ and Delirium are great, but we need some cool unique ones... how about Sledgehammer, a Top Scan or another Top Spin? 

FOF improvements (it’s too rough, perhaps a repaint or TLC will cause it to run better)

Ground up RMC (Hybrid or T-Rex; first option would be most likely, but T-Rex would be unique)

S&S launch coaster... should be long and fast (and possibly go out to the woods and have some theming), just don’t have an unusual brake run like Maxx Force.

*On that note, I think something like Steel Curtain would be a fantastic replacement for Vortex when its time comes

A Water coaster or something else cool (like a mini-funnel or a half-pipe slide) in Soak City.

Finally, re: the parking lot getting replaced, I would LOVE that, but I’m not sure when they’d have time to do it all at once since the season no longer ends after Haunt. Now, they could work on the Soak City side during Winterfest and do the rest afterwards (or break it up over a few years, perhaps).

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I love the Surf Cincinnati name idea! B) Can we also get all the old WaterWorks attraction names back, please (except for Bonsai Pipeline... I think SIX has that one)?

As for the future, here is a wish list of stuff that I’d love to see come to KI as well as things that would be cool, but are not as high up on the list...

a B&M Floorless

Interactive area like a Forbidden Frontier (and a climbing structure please!)

MOAR flats! DZ and Delirium are great, but we need some cool unique ones... how about Sledgehammer, a Top Scan or another Top Spin? 

FOF improvements (it’s too rough, perhaps a repaint or TLC will cause it to run better)

Ground up RMC (Hybrid or T-Rex; first option would be most likely, but T-Rex would be unique)

S&S launch coaster... should be long and fast (and possibly go out to the woods and have some theming), just don’t have an unusual brake run like Maxx Force.

*On that note, I think something like Steel Curtain would be a fantastic replacement for Vortex when its time comes

A Water coaster or something else cool (like a mini-funnel or a half-pipe slide) in Soak City.

Finally, re: the parking lot getting replaced, I would LOVE that, but I’m not sure when they’d have time to do it all at once since the season no longer ends after Haunt. Now, they could work on the Soak City side during Winterfest and do the rest afterwards (or break it up over a few years, perhaps).

 

is the case of flats...….good luck trying to get a HUSS. No one wants them anymore after the Toppletower at Dollywood. Does anyone know when the last installment of a new HUSS ride in the US?

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

You know Jersey Devil looks to have 12 riders per train which is pretty large for an RMC Raptor. I was thinking, what if we get an RMC Raptor, but larger so that we can aim for like 13-16 riders. 

The train would be way too long at that point, sadly defeating the purpose of building an RMC due to to how drawn out the elements would be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

You know Jersey Devil looks to have 12 riders per train which is pretty large for an RMC Raptor. I was thinking, what if we get an RMC Raptor, but larger so that we can aim for like 13-16 riders. 

KI is too high a capacity park to get a raptor. Its like everyone forgets that they can also make T-Rex track.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 2:29 PM, King Ding Dong said:

Soak City needs an over 21 lazy river with alcohol like Crocktail Creek at Zoombezi Bay.  Want to increase per caps?   That is how it is done.  

And a swim up bar, I chose CP for my bachelorette party because of that feature along with being CP there was something for my varied in ages and tastes bridal party. I still think it's a cool thing to swim up and have a drink. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 I think it is comical that a lot of people are predicting a record breaking RMC for the next coaster at KI. I do believe it will be a ground up RMC hybrid, but it will have similar stats to Twisted Timbers, not SV. Cedar Fair has obviously shown us that they are not interested in building record breaking rides at KI (with the exception of Banshee's longest inverted coaster record, which no one really cares about). The good news is that Twisted Timbers is a great ride.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kirbias1 said:

 I think it is comical that a lot of people are predicting a record breaking RMC for the next coaster at KI. I do believe it will be a ground up RMC hybrid, but it will have similar stats to Twisted Timbers, not SV. Cedar Fair has obviously shown us that they are not interested in building record breaking rides at KI (with the exception of Banshee's longest inverted coaster record, which no one really cares about). The good news is that Twisted Timbers is a great ride.

Just because they didn't go record breaking with MT or Orion, doesn't mean they never will go record breaking again. Going after records on a giga is way more expensive. I believe going after a wooden coaster record with RMC topper track would be cheaper. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Just because they didn't go record breaking with MT or Orion, doesn't mean they never will go record breaking again. Going after records on a giga is way more expensive. I believe going after a wooden coaster record with RMC topper track would be cheaper. 

My opinion is based on the historical fact of the soon to be 5 coasters and 15 years of Cedar Fair's ownership of KI (if you count 2020), that they have not installed one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What the park needs:

1.  TREES.  As the park ages, they keep cutting down trees with no replacement.  It's becoming pretty miserable in the heat.  

2.   Investment in true family rides (dark rides, skyway, etc).  Rides that everyone can ride together no matter age, height, weight, etc.  THIS is why Disney is so well attended, and all the rest of the theme parks are missing out on this market.    Bringing  back the Antique Cars was a very wise step in this direction.

3.  Oktoberfest renovation and flat ride package

4.  Action Zone retheming (Transylvania).  With this a world-class dark ride like the Phantom Theatre once was.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One word... rides. AZ and A72 all need more flats. Spin and Puke type for AZ, some dark ride or something family friendly for A72 would be ok, since neither of the coasters are. Flat rides seem to be some random thing that shows up every once in a great while. I find this really sad. I’d rather they add one or 2 of these each year to keep things interesting.

It’s expensive, to plant trees and maintain them. It’s also difficult to get them to grow well when they are surrounded by concrete, brick and blacktop. Could they add more shade...yes, that does not necessarily equal trees however. The added problem is Cincinnati weather is really tough on trees. From the hot dry summers to the harsh winters, it really takes a long time for trees to mature here and provide decent shade. I think there are options, but trees aren’t on my list.

The waterpark is fine. Nothing needed there. They just re-did the entry way fountains and buildings, so nothing there. Literally, beyond rehabbing more bathrooms and rebuilding some structures it’s literally rides that need to be added/changed/replaced/modified.

I really wonder what is on the 5-10-20 plan for KI.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

The waterpark is fine. Nothing needed there. They just re-did the entry way fountains and buildings, so nothing there. Literally, beyond rehabbing more bathrooms and rebuilding some structures it’s literally rides that need to be added/changed/replaced/modified.

Bold prediction, but I think Mondo Monsoon will be removed in favor of a water coaster sometime in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

One word... rides. AZ and A72 all need more flats.

My son hit 44" the last trip to the park. We realized when in AZ that the shortest height ride in AZ is Congo Falls at 46". A few flats to go on with the shorter ones while the bigger kids are riding would be nice!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bold prediction, but I think Mondo Monsoon will be removed in favor of a water coaster sometime in the future.


I wouldn’t have an issue with that. Water coasters are fun and probably equivalent for ride requirements.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...