Jump to content
KevM86

What comes after the 2020 Giga?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

So since Vortex is gone and we have a giant plot of land to deal with, I think a RMC would be great. I was watching this steel vengeance designers tour and it’s dated may 18th 2019. And I spotted chad and don in the video. Did they know Vortex was leaving. Did they come to see what there next coaster could be/ could look like after Orion?

A8568E36-6F57-4AF5-9EDA-192813D2241A.jpeg

The final decision to close Vortex was not even made until September, 2019. Additionally, Don is area manager of digital marketing and Chad Showalter is the director of communications. They have no say as to what the park installs. Most (all?) Cedar Fair full-timers are invited to media days. For instance, you can see Greg Scheid in the background of GateKeeper media day videos, Jason McClure in Banshee media day videos, etc.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

The final decision to close Vortex was not even made until September, 2019. 

Well that’s certainly a TIL,  knew it seemed like a sudden decision but wow. Thanks for sharing, hope to read more about it in your book.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Benjamin22 said:

Well that’s certainly a TIL,  knew it seemed like a sudden decision but wow. Thanks for sharing, hope to read more about it in your book.

Yes, there is a section on it in my book. A lot of people have theorized over the reason why it closed and why it was in 2019. The truth is a lot simpler than what most people on here think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I still think we need some flats in Rivertown- possibly on the land surrounding BLSC

 

Yes please!! That land behind the showplace is a perfect spot for a new flat. I believe that space hasn't been occupied since the water theater was there long before my time.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel like flats are what the park needs the most. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Full Spring Summer Fall Season. Very little additions after 2020 I think till 2021. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the chain is cutting $75 million in investments I wouldn't expect anything huge in the near future

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Since the chain is cutting $75 million in investments I wouldn't expect anything huge in the near future

Yeah, I think this is an indicator that we are going to have a large gap between Orion and the next coaster. However, the chain only said that they are cutting investments for 2020 and 2021. That means 2022 and beyond we'll see investments built that were likely planned for 2021 and beyond. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yeah, I think this is an indicator that we are going to have a large gap between Orion and the next coaster. However, the chain only said that they are cutting investments for 2020 and 2021. That means 2022 and beyond we'll see investments built that were likely planned for 2021 and beyond. 

I expect there to be an even bigger gap since the chain is trying to invest more in their lower tier parks as well. I'd say we might only get two coasters this decade- one in the middle and one towards the end. Expect to see more investments on shows, experiences, theming, and maybe flat rides.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SonofBaconator said:

I expect there to be an even bigger gap since the chain is trying to invest more in their lower tier parks as well. I'd say we might only get two coasters this decade- one in the middle and one towards the end. Expect to see more investments on shows, experiences, theming, and maybe flat rides.

I'm starting to think 2027 could be our next coaster. If the 20 year thing between CP and KI actually has meaning, that could be the year we get our Maverick or multi launch coaster. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm starting to think 2027 could be our next coaster. If the 20 year thing between CP and KI actually has meaning, that could be the year we get our Maverick or multi launch coaster. 

I honestly don't think that's their legitimate plan for when they install coasters. If that were the case Mystic Timbers would have never needed to be built and we'll be getting a strata by 2023. Maybe we get another launch in our line-up but there's an even bigger gap they need to fill

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see the chain going to a Mondial, Gerstlauer, or Larson and buying some flat rides in bulk.  It would likely bring the cost down.  

I could see them for example putting a Mondial Top Scan at KI, KD, WOF, DP, and CP.  Carowinds, Wonderland, and Knott's already have one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2020 at 6:16 PM, SonofBaconator said:

 

 

I could see Kings Island putting a ride like this in the near future. I could also see the park getting a traditional ferris wheel. With the Coronavirus messing up things, I could see a new roller coaster come in 2023. If not for the coronavirus, I was saying 2022. My gut tells me they don't want to let the former Vortex land sit vacant too long.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made a concept of an intamin blitz coaster in Rivertown in between Diamondback and beast replacing the crypt building. I give you MUSTANG: Rippin through the Wild West! 

 

2020-04-18_22.38.35.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Made a concept of an intamin blitz coaster in Rivertown in between Diamondback and beast replacing the crypt building. I give you MUSTANG: Rippin through the Wild West! 

 

2020-04-18_22.38.35.jpg

Love it! Bring some water back to rivertown!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made another intamin coaster, but in Action Zone replacing Invertigo and Congo Falls. It reuses the station of Congo Falls. I give you Tyrant

 

2020-04-21_17.23.49.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I made another intamin coaster, but in Action Zone replacing Invertigo and Congo Falls. It reuses the station of Congo Falls. I give you Tyrant

 

2020-04-21_17.23.49.jpg

I might just ride that after I visit Oktoberfest and swing by Auntie Anne's where takeout IS available!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I might just ride that after I visit Oktoberfest and swing by Auntie Anne's where takeout IS available!

Well then here's one for Oktoberfest lol

Beetle Invasion

2020-04-21_18.10.09.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would y'all feel about a mini B&M dive coaster similar to Emperor, Valkyria, Baron 1898, and Oblivion The Black Hole? I really don't see the next coaster going over 200 feet (especially with this coronavirus mess), but I do think that B&M will build it. I could see an extensive amount of theming for it, including a drop underneath a path or entryway, and taking the world record for most inversions on a dive coaster with five or six.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

How would y'all feel about a mini B&M dive coaster similar to Emperor, Valkyria, Baron 1898, and Oblivion The Black Hole? I really don't see the next coaster going over 200 feet (especially with this coronavirus mess), but I do think that B&M will build it. I could see an extensive amount of theming for it,  including a drop underneath a path or entryway, and taking the world record for most inversions on a dive coaster with five or six.

If we got something with similar to Dominator or even Hydra with a dive, I'd be 100% on board with that

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...