Jump to content
KevM86

What comes after the 2020 Giga?

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Maybe they did a budget giga so they can add another coaster sooner!

That is what I was thinking too... I really do think that 2023 will be Kings Island’s next coaster especially if they go with something cheaper like a Gerstluer. They have been doing a new coaster every three years recently, but I think this is made possible by throwing in some “cheaper” coasters like Mystic Timbers. I am not saying Mystic Timbers is not as good by any means... I think it is one of if not the best coaster in the park, but you cannot argue that a GCI costs more than a B&M. Also Cedar Point seems to be adding a new coaster for 2021 after their big anniversary, so I think Kings Island would want to add one right after their 50th.

I think our giga was originally planned for a later year and was supposed to be a little larger, but the park decided to put it in earlier which meant that we could get another coaster sooner in 2023.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I feel like a giant new flat is needed in the park.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a Planet Snoopy or Soak City upgrade is coming sooner than later.  The attractions may be nice, but both are looking pretty run down in my opinion.  But then again, I don't think a lot of the public looks at the worn/mismatched pavement, lack of outstanding landscape, etc like I do.  That's the bad thing about the upgrades they do, it highlights the opportunities for me.  LOL

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KI only has 3 flat rides in the entire park. There has to be something in the works. Smaller parks have more and CP has more as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

KI only has 3 flat rides in the entire park. There has to be something in the works. Smaller parks have more and CP has more as well.

3 flats?

Drop Tower, Delerium, Viking Ship, Shake Rattle And Roll, Monster, Scrambler, Grande Carousel.  They could use some more, even though Viking Ship is the only one at that list that I'll ride, but they have at least 7... Oh yeah, bumber cars, swings  so at least 9 that I can think of.

Edit:  Tiques - 10, Windchaser - 11

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, medford said:

3 flats?

Drop Tower, Delerium, Viking Ship, Shake Rattle And Roll, Monster, Scrambler, Grande Carousel.  They could use some more, even though Viking Ship is the only one at that list that I'll ride, but they have at least 7... Oh yeah, bumber cars, swings  so at least 9 that I can think of.

Edit:  Tiques - 10, Windchaser - 11

I think I was only meaning larger flats. I did forget boat. I think they need another larger scale flat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ So  you want an Intamin.  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

^^ So  you want an Intamin.  lol

No, he wants a double launch Mack coaster like Blue Fire with no MCBR

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

^^ So  you want an Intamin.  lol

A modern Intamin would be cool, but I'm nervous that these newer shuttle coasters would be a capacity nightmare. I'd be interested in seeing something like Maverick as an upcoming attraction but I feel that a family coaster will definitely come first.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

No, he wants a double launch Mack coaster like Blue Fire with no MCBR

Ok I thought he misspelled Intamin cuz he described one. :D 

Relax its a joke of course. Not everything has to be so serious. have a great weekend! Talk to everyone Monday!

@starlitfire I would love something that intense as Maverick. Mack I am not sure they can deliver that type of an experience. We shall see.  A boy can dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Soak City will get an upgrade next and it will be a water coaster 

ETA 

i would like if we got a wild mouse too. I know they aren't crazy popular but I think they are really fun and a good family/ kid coaster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something like Steel Curtain would be pretty cool. Maybe have it launched like Maxx Force then go into something like SC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Something like Steel Curtain would be pretty cool. Maybe have it launched like Maxx Force then go into something like SC.

So basically a launched Steel Curtain? That actually sounds cool

"Who Dey Coaster"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

So basically a launched Steel Curtain? That actually sounds cool

"Who Dey Coaster"

Could just be called "Bengal" or" The Jungle" haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could definitely see something like the Dark Knight Coaster/Laff Trakk going in the former Crypt building.  I can't imagine the cost would be that much.  The capacity would be the main issue but it would give them another ride that could be open during Winterfest.  It also gives them another family/tweener coaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think they will reuse the station of Invertigo because it is... well... weird. Also they tore down Firehawk’s station and did not use Son of Beast’s station when they could have, so I don’t think they will reuse it. After all, a Vekoma used to travel through that thing!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we will see a family coaster anytime soon. We just got MT and that was supposed to fill that role. Soak City Upgrade and kiddie land prolly the next 2 years throw in a a flat ride following and then maybe a coaster after that. Would love to see a flyer return to the park. Something better than Firehawk obviously but I really like the flyer concept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if I responded to this thread yet, but... I would love to see a floorless coaster at the park! I know we have Vortex and Banshee, but I think it would be really cool; I think the layout could be such that it feels separate from those two coasters. As for where to put it, I’d say remove Invertigo (and Congo if we must) and put it in that plot of land.

Also, I think it would be really cool if Backlot got spinning cars... it could start freely spinning once it gets to the top of the helix and then and then maybe stop spinning at the helicopter scene. The only refurbs that would need to be done are new trains and a wider clearance (in the tunnels), plus maybe new paint and a new sign if they wanted to rename it (I recommend painting it brown and calling it Rivertown Rambler).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would personally like to see a motocoaster themed with horse cars like Pony Express at Knott's. Have it take up that area and be a fast twisty coaster that coudl be thrilling family ride like Backlot but nicer looking. Would be a good cross for the area between Coney and Rivertown having a sort of steeplechase feel and horses for the old town/western feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we get to see Coney Mall get some more love,  I know they've been updating it the past few years, and it looks great,  but the area between the Dodgem and KMAA is pretty dark,  if they would put some new fancy light poles in that area,  it would really brighten it up,  when the sun goes down,  it seems like a place people don't stay,  its just a walk through area, and its a missed chance to just sit relax,  and take in the new landscaping that the KI team has done for the area.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

I hope we get to see Coney Mall get some more love,  I know they've been updating it the past few years, and it looks great,  but the area between the Dodgem and KMAA is pretty dark,  if they would put some new fancy light poles in that area,  it would really brighten it up,  when the sun goes down,  it seems like a place people don't stay,  its just a walk through area, and its a missed chance to just sit relax,  and take in the new landscaping that the KI team has done for the area.  

Couldn’t agree more! I’ve actually always been one for the idea of bringing the Gemini Midway lights overhead and overall feel to Coney Mall but on a grander scale. Would really be a great area for it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Could just be called "Bengal" or" The Jungle" haha

How about a Cincinnati Reds themed coaster with a Reds themed area!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

How about a Cincinnati Reds themed coaster with a Reds themed area!

I like the idea, and I think it would go over very well with the GP, but many coaster enthusiasts were not fans of Steel Curtain and the area because it was themed to a sports team. I guess everyone has their own opinions on that matter though, and if it makes sense, I could see the park considering that. I am just wondering how much of an annual fee the park would have to pay to use the Reds branding. Does anyone know if Kennywood paid the Steelers good money to use their assets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I like the idea, and I think it would go over very well with the GP, but many coaster enthusiasts were not fans of Steel Curtain and the area because it was themed to a sports team. I guess everyone has their own opinions on that matter though, and if it makes sense, I could see the park considering that. I am just wondering how much of an annual fee the park would have to pay to use the Reds branding. Does anyone know if Kennywood paid the Steelers good money to use their assets?

That's because its Steelers related. Boo that city!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Also, I think it would be really cool if Backlot got spinning cars... it could start freely spinning once it gets to the top of the helix and then and then maybe stop spinning at the helicopter scene. The only refurbs that would need to be done are new trains and a wider clearance (in the tunnels), plus maybe new paint and a new sign if they wanted to rename it (I recommend painting it brown and calling it Rivertown Rambler).

Ooh, I really like that idea. I don't know that Premier has any spinning models, but Backlot kinda does have a great layout for a spinning coaster since it has all those laterals and turns (plus the helix!) That would be a cool retheme, too. Gonna be daydreaming all day now about the MCBR and following tunnel being themed to, like, a wolf pack finding you and chasing you through the deepest part of the forest or something...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After riding Skyhawk at Cedar Point id absolutely LOVE an S&S screamin’ Swing, it’d definitely be my favorite flat in the park.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...