Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

5 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Do we still think we won't see track or supports on site until after announced? I am thinking CSF is going to run out of room here soon with Hershey and KI and SWSD? 

The Hershey track has started to be removed. Theres no other track that we've seen there yet. 

On 7/9/2019 at 11:48 AM, Maverick44 said:

Do we still think we won't see track or supports on site until after announced? I am thinking CSF is going to run out of room here soon with Hershey and KI and SWSD? 

I'm thinking we will start seeing track and supports before the announcement because everyone already knows what is going on, so they have no reason to hide it at this point. That is also probably why they haven't started teasing yet.

2 minutes ago, Nutterie said:

I'm thinking we will start seeing track and supports before the announcement because everyone already knows what is going on, so they have no reason to hide it at this point. That is also probably why they haven't started teasing yet.

I wouldn't say that everyone does. yes the 2% of us out of all the GP who may have no clue what's going on. It really doesn't matter if we knew or not. If its time to bring the track out to hold on site they will. CSF doesn't have a TON of room over there  and will 3 known coaters being made. Its only a matter of time imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

CSF doesn't have a TON of room over there  and will 3 known coasters being made. Its only a matter of time imo.

This is what has me hyped. 3 coasters all being made in the same factory with limited space, we are definitely going to at least see tracks on site soon, probably not being actually put up though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I wouldn't say that everyone does. yes the 2% of us out of all the GP who may have no clue what's going on. It really doesn't matter if we knew or not. If its time to bring the track out to hold on site they will. CSF doesn't have a TON of room over there  and will 3 known coaters being made. Its only a matter of time imo.

There are plenty of GP who know what is going on. WCPO has been reporting on this topic for a while now. I actually have ran into people on the tower who were there to see the construction because they saw it on the news. And I also have friends at the Rock school in Mason I go to who have talked about the new coaster. But GP being GP they sometimes ask when it's going to open. My answer is always "it should be open when the park opens in April of 2020." 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

There are plenty of GP who know what is going on. WCPO has been reporting on this topic for a while now. I actually have ran into people on the tower who were there to see the construction because they saw it on the news. And I also have friends at the Rock school in Mason I go to who have talked about the new coaster. But GP being GP they sometimes ask when it's going to open. My answer is always "it should be open when the park opens in April of 2020." 

I understand this. There is a large amount of GP who do not live in range of that news station. I am in Columbus and the GP has no idea. I am just stating there is a large part of the GP who loves coasters but doesn't follow things like this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nutterie said:

This is what has me hyped. 3 coasters all being made in the same factory with limited space, we are definitely going to at least see tracks on site soon, probably not being actually put up though.

I have my doubts about that.  The Hershey track is already being moved, opening up storage space.  Sound building principles call for you to more material as few times as possible.  CSF already has to move it somewhere on their own site no matter what once they are done building/painting each piece.  From that spot, they'll want to load them up on a truck and deliver them to KI.  Ideally, when they arrive at KI you want to be able to set each piece down in a spot that the crane can pick them up and lift them into the air.  You don't want a scenario where they have to unload them, then 3 months later reload them on a truck to move them 100-2000 feet so the crane can pick them up and raise them in the air.

6 minutes ago, medford said:

I have my doubts about that.  The Hershey track is already being moved, opening up storage space.  Sound building principles call for you to more material as few times as possible.  CSF already has to move it somewhere on their own site no matter what once they are done building/painting each piece.  From that spot, they'll want to load them up on a truck and deliver them to KI.  Ideally, when they arrive at KI you want to be able to set each piece down in a spot that the crane can pick them up and lift them into the air.  You don't want a scenario where they have to unload them, then 3 months later reload them on a truck to move them 100-2000 feet so the crane can pick them up and raise them in the air.

This might be the case as well but I have seen track for others coasters before it went vertical. They had track staged in a field down at Busch Gardens for Tigris. Along with multiple others at CP in the waterpark ….parking lot.

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

I understand this. There is a large amount of GP who do not live in range of that news station. I am in Columbus and the GP has no idea. I am just stating there is a large part of the GP who loves coasters but doesn't follow things like this.

I still see The Beast unleashed video shared around on social media. People still thing that it is real. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, diamonbackandbeastlover said:

I still see The Beast unleashed video shared around on social media. People still thing that it is real. 

People still think the earth is flat. :P

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, medford said:

image.png

During Banshee construction, they kept pieces way back off-site if they weren't using them yet. With the amount of space there is for our giga, this is probably gonna happen here too. Just gotta keep spying around in places other than the station area.

• Like 5

On 7/9/2019 at 11:48 AM, Maverick44 said:

I know I'm about five days too late for this response, but our Giga didn't even have the first support up until 9/29/2014 for Fury 325.  Then again, we don't have to allow for inclement weather and such so I assume they knew they would have plenty of time to construct for a 3/25/2015 opening. 

• Like 4

Thanks Nutterie for the pic, any chance that track could have been staged for the back portion of the ride, meaning that the crane that set it in place picked it up from that point, ie, it didn't have to be relocated from that point to another point for final install?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, medford said:

Thanks Nutterie for the pic, any chance that track could have been staged for the back portion of the ride, meaning that the crane that set it in place picked it up from that point, ie, it didn't have to be relocated from that point to another point for final install?

Possible but that's seems to be a little too far back  to me?

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Man I can't wait to see track on site or even just a small little hint of anything at all lol  I am just so pumped to see this thing go vertical.

We can probably expect tracks on site by August. Hype!!!

• Like 2

I was able to get some pictures from CSF to share with y’all.

Hershey Track has been loaded on trailers and is ready to leave, I assume they’re running out of space at this point.
4a216c57e228b5cd19731edd765038c2.jpg
There are massive amounts of track sitting farther back on the property that are mostly out of view.
6cc2388ad8f0a06d836314c803ea514d.jpg
The front looks mostly the same.
3dee8ba4d8e68d4d653c157558cf8515.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

L13R’s piers have been poured. The rebar cage (which is DENSE) for L16 has been placed, but doesn’t have forms yet. L13L is formed up and looks like it has either just been poured or will be shortly. Piers also appeared to be in place for L16L-R and for much of the beginning part of the layout and the helix.

The earth drill is out near The Beast shed, and it looks like it has been busy boring holes out there. Exciting stuff!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

L13R’s piers have been poured. The rebar cage (which is DENSE) for L16 has been placed, but doesn’t have forms yet. L13L is formed up and looks like it has either just been poured or will be shortly. Piers also appeared to be in place for L16L-R and for much of the beginning part of the layout and the helix.

The earth drill is out near The Beast shed, and it looks like it has been busy boring holes out there. Exciting stuff!

When I rode blue Racer yesterday, I saw a bunch of holes dug out in the clearing! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DeltaFlyer said:

so what you are saying is we will see vertical construction very soon, like within the next 2 weeks soon?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nutterie said:

so what you are saying is we will see vertical construction very soon, like within the next 2 weeks soon?

no....

Footers cure around 60-90 days before they start putting stress on them. Don't expect anything to go vertical before late August. 

• Like 3