Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

38 minutes ago, fryoj said:

no....

Footers cure around 60-90 days before they start putting stress on them. Don't expect anything to go vertical before late August. 

60-90 days seems a bit much.  The typical cure time is 28 days.  

Or are they using a different type of mix that requires a longer cure time? 

8 hours ago, Browntggrr said:

60-90 days seems a bit much.  The typical cure time is 28 days.  

Or are they using a different type of mix that requires a longer cure time? 

It has to do with the bolts. They aren't just setting the support on the concrete. The support actually never touches the concrete. The weight is all on the bolts which will have a nut above and below the support flange. They then go back and put a grout in the gap to finish it up after everything is bolted together.The concrete has to be cured enough to support both a downward load, and, with supports that lean out past the pier, a vertical load. It's a bit more complicated than a concrete pour where the load sits right on the concrete. If they put the load too early and a bolt moves, they probably have to rip the pier cap out and repour. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Fye Coasters said:

New update from today check it out now!

Looks like there isn't much to report.  Footings are stuff are exciting for a hot minute but vertical construction is where it's at.  Thanks for the update!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Looks like there isn't much to report.  Footings are stuff are exciting for a hot minute but vertical construction is where it's at.  Thanks for the update!

Yeah, it's pretty much we need to see teasers or the announcement before theres going to be much worth talking about. 

• Like 3

Not much to report, but here is an update from today. Rebar and cement poured in footers near turn around. Lift footer had wooden mold ready to pour.

There were large white pipes (the size of DB suppprts but like 15ft long) behind the red shed/barn that you can see on your way back when riding blue racer. I thought they were supports at first because they are about the right size but I I don't think that's what they are because the ends don't look right, they just look like very large tubes. They weren't there a few days ago, but only way to see them is blue racer so no pics of course. I don't think they are for the coaster, but wonder what they would be used for 

IMG_7174.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, CedarFairFan787 said:

Also, does anyone have any idea for when the coaster will be announced. I was hoping to go and wondered what the date was.

There are rumors of unknown validity but I would not rely on them if I was planning travel. The park will likely give at least one day notice before announcement.

42 minutes ago, CedarFairFan787 said:

^Thats very interesting. Thanks for sharing. 

Also, does anyone have any idea for when the coaster will be announced. I was hoping to go and wondered what the date was.

Once KIC gets the official notice from the park we will post it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WindingSon said:

There are rumors of unknown validity but I would not rely on them if I was planning travel. The park will likely give at least one day notice before announcement.

In the past, haven't they given notice a week ahead of the announcement?

7 hours ago, Joshua said:

In the past, haven't they given notice a week ahead of the announcement?

Yes, at least I believe so. Pretty sure they did with MT anyway 

ETA picture update from just now. Nothing new to report 

IMG_7211.JPG

Second ETA:

rode Racer and they have removed 3 of the 5 large white tubes I had mentioned earlier yesterday, so they are currently being used somewhere in some way. There were some new darker colored smaller tubes near them now too 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Well thank you for that entirely uninformed opinion :)

If you actually want to know “why people think that”, feel free to trudge through this thread:  

All the extremely compelling evidence is included. It’s hardly people “being dumb”, there have been a lot of extremely intelligent and qualified people chiming in helping to decode the blueprints. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, retrofan1980 said:

Kings Island is not getting a giga ride i dont know why people think thats what Kings Island is getting people are just guessing they dont know they would feel dumb when they find out its not what they thought it was

Sorry... but no! Please skim through the Decoding 2020 thread to see more than enough evidence pointing towards the giga...

• Like 1

Kings Island is not getting a giga ride i dont know why people think thats what Kings Island is getting people are just guessing they dont know they would feel dumb when they find out its not what they thought it was

You need to use punctuation when posting on here, not a run on sentence. See the Terms of Service on here for the rules of the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

You need to use punctuation when posting on here, not a run on sentence. See the Terms of Service on here for the rules of the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, idk what's going on but, there are more things to worry about than the way someone types  on here. lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

Wow, idk what's going on but, there are more things to worry about than the way someone types  on here. lol 

Doesn’t matter whether or not you think it’s important, it’s still against the TOS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

its def exciting times to be a fan of coasters and KI.

Yes! For sure it is. I know people get annoyed with it but idc what it is, at least our park is getting new rides and updates pretty much every year. Most parks dont get touched for years upon years. I will be happy with whatever they decide to give us. Idc if the coaster is 301ft or 370ft, a new coaster is going to be awesome for us! And will be a great replacement over FH

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

Yes! For sure it is. I know people get annoyed with it but idc what it is, at least our park is getting new rides and updates pretty much every year. Most parks dont get touched for years upon years. I will be happy with whatever they decide to give us. Idc if the coaster is 301ft or 370ft, a new coaster is going to be awesome for us! And will be a great replacement over FH

I agree. Nothing like this has ever graced KI. It could possibly be the largest coaster ever to be on the lands of KI. Who knows. I am so thankful for CF and what they have done for this park.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

I agree. Nothing like this has ever graced KI. It could possibly be the largest coaster ever to be on the lands of KI. Who knows. I am so thankful for CF and what they have done for this park.

Yes 100%! I love that Ki is my HP lol i try and go at least 3 times a week and im only 15 mins from the park so that makes it even better. 

• Like 1

I wish I lived closer haha. I am in Columbus so I tell myself I have 2 home parks Ki and CP lol During the Paramount days I really only went to CP but since CF has taken over and the things they have added. I def split my time in half between the parks.

• Like 1