Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

This is the thread to talk/discuss/post pics about the construction of the ride. We want to keep the construction thread separate from the general discussion of the ride. Please stay on topic. If we need to move a post to another thread please report it and we will move it.

A few other reminders:

• Please remember to only take and post photos from authorized areas.
  • Any photos from an unauthorized area will be removed and possibly posting rights on KIC.
  • If you post someone else's photo please provide a clickable link to the photo of where you found it. Saying found on KIC is not enough.

Thanks!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, calakapepe said:

Thanks for the photos!
Love the actual color of blue we're getting compared to what the animation showed :)

The opposite of what happened with Banshee IMO

And hey, the paint will fade to the color shown in the animation nicely, too! Lol. 

It's really cool to have an eye in the sky to watch this giga go up, thanks @sixohdieselrage!

• Like 4

Doesn’t look like a great day for construction watching the cam, but I did see a flatbed leaving.  I assume that track is still being delivered today. I going up Sunday & Monday and hope to get pics. Then almost three weeks of nobody getting pics...gonna be tough. Lol Maybe construction cam will get up during this time. 

DBE6AD3F-9C96-4805-A2AF-185E512CE78C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

Then almost three weeks of nobody getting pics...gonna be tough. Lol Maybe construction cam will get up during this time.

Ahem... lol

4 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah no updates /  cam will be rough for that long lol

See above. Btw, thanks for uploading your pics so soon. Gives both perspectives as opposed to just mine or just yours. 

• Like 7

Sorry for being late but this morning track update, There was more element track on a trailer ready to be delivered and a piece of the drop on another trailer. And about 30 minutes ago all the track was gone and they are about to put the supports on a trailer and there are more supports out. Taking a closer look at the support color it is actually more of a light gray

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, STLcoasters33 said:

I was wondering the same, but I figured they would’ve shown it in the animation if that were the case. Have there been many supports visible at CSF?

yes i drove by CSF two times today and they were loading supports on a trailer, They looked more of a light grayish than more of a white

• Like 9

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

yes i drove by CSF two times today and they were loading supports on a trailer, They looked more of a light grayish than more of a white

I wonder if the lift supports will be white on the lift, but gray on the rest of the ride. I doubt it, but maybe.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

The supports are all going to be the same color, I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t be. If it wasn’t the animation likely would have showed there being different colors.

I do agree on the same color thing but things in the animation can be completely different. For example look at Italian Job compared to what we got. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I do agree on the same color thing but things in the animation can be completely different. For example look at Italian Job compared to what we got. 

Diamondback’s animation showed the supports all one color but when they built it a lot of the supports are actually light grey. Credit for the pic goes to Collin.

Maybe the lift hill supports will be a different color than the rest of the supports to emphasize the size of the hill?

D318719F-C9A1-4C4D-A620-91F2413FAB01.png

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

Diamondback’s animation showed the supports all one color but when they built it a lot of the supports are actually light grey. Credit for the pic goes to Collin.

Actually the animation did indeed show the color change for the supports. (Sorry for the poor photo quality, the YouTube promo shows it more clearly)

271E837B-BAA5-4860-A9BE-6B93FA00A9FD.jpeg

• Like 10