Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

7 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

I really like Diamondback's splashdown. It adds great, much-needed kinetic energy to that area and makes a nice focal point for Rivertown. 

I like Diamondback’s splash down too. I think it would be better if they would have made it look a little more natural though. 

• Like 8

I like Diamondback’s splash down too. I think it would be better if they would have made it look a little more natural though. 

Agree. I was expecting more than a trickle creek.

I’m surprised they put water draggers on the coaster cars. Figured that would be too much drag and a pain to keep the water level just right. I figured it would just be a trigger for a series of fountains.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

Agree. I was expecting more than a trickle creek.

I’m surprised they put water draggers on the coaster cars. Figured that would be too much drag and a pain to keep the water level just right. I figured it would just be a trigger for a series of fountains.

Good thing they did the draggers otherwise the fountains wouldn’t be working by now

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

43 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

I know this is completely off-topic to this thread, but regarding the water funnels/draggers on Diamondback, I wonder how much force is placed on those things?  How much do they actually slow down the coaster, if at all?  

I’m not sure by how much but it does slow it down. I can notice it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

I know this is completely off-topic to this thread, but regarding the water funnels/draggers on Diamondback, I wonder how much force is placed on those things?  How much do they actually slow down the coaster, if at all?  

I guarantee it is significant and that the brake system was designed with that in mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

I would assume quite a bit, considering they wont run it without water in the splashdown. Which is probably another reason Diamondback doesnt run in the winter. 

Back to Orion. I've got a joke. :-)

What do you call the seatbelts on Orion? 

Spoiler

Orion's Belt

Haha. Haha haha haha. Funny joke right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I would assume quite a bit, considering they wont run it without water in the splashdown. Which is probably another reason Diamondback doesnt run in the winter. 

I know during the initial testing they ran it without the water, the train seemed to whip into the final break run, definitely does slow down those trains. The end of the video shows how fast it goes into the break run.

• Like 4

Just looked through part of Banshee's construction thread and it seems like they started vertical construction earlier for Banshee than Orion. Like the end of August, the transfer table was up. Kinda interesting since Orion is a larger coaster. Also, someone used the layout rendering picture to show progress and see what part of the layout is completed. Would love to see someone do something similar.

Here's a picture example of what I'm talking about from the Banshee construction thread. The user who did this was @davidw

Edit: Here is a link to where the photo was found. I must follow TOS:

TrackComplete_2013-10-10.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Just looked through part of Banshee's construction thread and it seems like they started vertical construction earlier for Banshee than Orion. Like the end of August, the transfer table was up. Kinda interesting since Orion is a larger coaster. Also, someone used the layout rendering picture to show progress and see what part of the layout is completed. Would love to see someone do something similar.

Here's a picture example of what I'm talking about from the Banshee construction thread. The user who did this was @davidw

Edit: Here is a link to where the photo was found. I must follow TOS:

TrackComplete_2013-10-10.jpg

I think orion is gonna be alot easier to build since its not inverted, thats why they arent starting as early i think

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Can someone post a link to the HD photos of the blueprints?  I can't seem to find them by searching through the old decoding thread.

Edit:  Specifically, I'm looking for any clear blueprints that show the individual track pieces and any identifying numbers.  Thanks

Here you go 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DSj3IBP1_GI9h7JhU7217zdiO-LQbNU9/view 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1