Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

8 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here you go!

Orion from skyline (1).png

Thanks- yep, this is pretty much what I imagine this view will be like next year...with Invertigo's colors updated, Son of Beast and Firehawk gone (you can see the very tip of its lift hill in this picture), and Banshee also added of course.

This pic also really shows what I mean by how Orion will help "fill out the skyline". In 2020, it is gonna seem like the Eiffel Tower is surrounded by giant rides. When 48 years prior in 1972, I'd bet not much was even visible from this location besides the Eiffel Tower and maybe the old sky ride.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Haha. Who'd a guessed, Mr. Intamin fanboy... haha

Who me? No...… haha but really even if it was not about that. i305 imo is even more intense then Fury. I have friends who don't have a fav manufacturer and say the same. idk lol Oh well off topic now. They haven't done much crane wise today. 

I can't really make it out but are the storage track sections in place?

• Like 1

This might sound like a dumb question bu there is alot of unpainted track at CSF that looks like giga track especially this piece that is very thick and looks like the top of the lift and is unpainted. Is there still track being made for this coaster ? And also There is giant lift supports being shipped now. here is the piece i saw unpainted. 

Capturefhgkjghuk.PNG

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

This might sound like a dumb question bu there is alot of unpainted track at CSF that looks like giga track especially this piece that is very thick and looks like the top of the lift and is unpainted. Is there still track being made for this coaster ? And also There is giant lift supports being shipped now. here is the piece i saw unpainted. 

Capturefhgkjghuk.PNG

It could be a possibility, there is a lot of track at Kings Island don't get me wrong, but its not enough to make a giga coaster that's for sure.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kodistict said:

It could be a possibility, there is a lot of track at Kings Island don't get me wrong, but its not enough to make a giga coaster that's for sure.

It appears that they are starting at the transfer and going backwards with it, so it's completely possible that they've provided track sections enough to get half way around so far, more is already ready, and more is still being built. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

It appears that they are starting at the transfer and going backwards with it, so it's completely possible that they've provided track sections enough to get half way around so far, more is already ready, and more is still being built. 

I will take my time and count all the visible track on the webcam, they said there are 184 pieces of track 

Edit: I counted 44 pieces of track , that means the unpainted track i saw earlier at CSF is most likely orion track

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I don't think all 184 pieces are onsite yet, so my guess would be yes.

@collin.klopfstein Don says 184 here: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/september/kings-island-lays-first-track-piece-for-new-orion-roller-coaster

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, teenageninja said:

spacer.png

I don't think anyone is going to notice an 18' difference. A 305' hill and a 287' hill are going to look nearly identical to the naked eye. Seeing the two numbers typed out, side by side, is the only reason, imo, some folks are thinking Orion is going to be the inferior ride. I believe this will be a world class ride experience that I can't wait for

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Delirium123 said:

I don't think anyone is going to notice an 18' difference. A 305' hill and a 287' hill are going to look nearly identical to the naked eye. Seeing the two numbers typed out, side by side, is the only reason, imo, some folks are thinking Orion is going to be the inferior ride. I believe this will be a world class ride experience that I can't wait for

I mean if you put the lift hills next to each other you will see a difference. Also it depends on what type of ride you want. If you want an aggressive / intense ride you choose I305 every time.  If you want a tamed but still forceful ride then you go with B&M's. Also I think he posted that as a joke as the drops are the same lol

Its all about preference.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

They're two completely different coasters so it seems kinda dumb to compare them. I305 is low to the ground where Orion will have taller elements. That's like comparing Mystic Timbers to El Toro.

I think it's more fair to compare Orion to Leviathan.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I mean if you put the lift hills next to each other you will see a difference. Also it depends on what type of ride you want. If you want an aggressive / intense ride you choose I305 every time.  If you want a tamed but still forceful ride then you go with B&M's. Also I think he posted that as a joke as the drops are the same lol

Its all about preference.

I know it was posted as a joke, Just making the comment that an 18' height difference is barely noticeable, if at all (unless, yes, you put them right next to each other, which clearly is not happening). And I know they are two different rides. Just making the generalization that it could be any ride, not Orion vs I305 or Orion vs Fury or I305 vs Fury etc... You're going to ride Orion one day then Fury or any other giga at some other point in time, not being able to tell that you're 300' in the air or 287'. The number is purely a spec and not indicative of what the overall experience will be

• Like 3