Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

It appears there are more triangular supports ready to install.
Edit:  Then again, after looking at the layout, there shouldn't be any of that size left.  From here on out, the supports get bigger and bigger..

Untitled3.png.42ba308819fc22c907f218825e705882.png

There are a number of valleys where those pieces could go.
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Kings Island is in Ohio, stupid tweet.

I think there are enough UK fans in the area where this tweet could be fun for them.  Having said that.... if Orion was going to be given a nickname like Big Blue, it should probably be the biggest blue in the general area at least.  JS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teenageninja said:

Kings Island is in Ohio, stupid tweet.

What are you talking about?? Cincinnati is in the tri-state area. If you aren't familiar with the Cincinnati area, it borders both Kentucky, and Indiana, and is split by the Ohio River. 

There is nothing "stupid" about the tweet. As anyone familiar with Cincinnati would understand, the connections between Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio run very deep in the area. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Everyone hyped up I305 when I told them I was going to KD.  It was OK--just not all that.  Intense, kind of like a King sized Maverick.  But not hype worthy to me.  But I like Magnum XL-200 more than Maverick.  I think Orion will be a great ride and better than I305.  Sorry, @Maverick44

Yikes! Magnum over Maverick. Is there something wrong with you? haha :P

sorry for double post....its still early ugh!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I enjoyed watching the MT cam when it was being built. It was right on top of the lift hill and you could see every bent going up in great detail.

That cam has to be the most boring cam of all time now haha It was fun during construction but now ….no thanks!

EDIT* I take that back......the worst one I have seen was the copperhead strike cam. It was about 90% blurry the entire time.

22 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Hey you need to chill on telling other to haha haha

Wait I have told others to "haha"?  Like...… Hey you laugh! :lol:

** I think we are about to see some track placed. Yellow crane looks like it might be up a section for break run / turn into station.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

They seem to be laying something down under the station track. Looks yellow from the webcam.

Possibly something like this?  Taken from barton-supply.com:

Untitled4.png

I WANT to say it's some type of plastic vapor barrier..

Edit:  Yep, it's this stuff:  https://www.stegoindustries.com/products/vapor-barrier-15-mil

• Like 3