Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Anyone know where the entrance, exit, and Fast Lane will be? Here's the beat photo I can find for this (From the Birdseye View video of Orion).

20190914_183941.jpg

Is Firehawk's former queue area for FoF or Orion?

Edit: (I put this in the construction thread because previous posts talking about the exit.)

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Wait! There is more track behind the construction site? I thought what was directly next the Flight of Fear was all of the track that had been delivered.

Yeah! I saw it on a drone video on YouTube that I tried to upload on here, but I forgotten about the "no drone video" rules so it got taken down. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Joshua said:

I'm curious, what is it with the vehicles? Is that where the Orion swag will be sold, similar to the little stand that sells Mystic Timbers merch? Ride photos? Orion van giveaway? Don's sweet new ride? 

Merchandise will likely be sold on a cart near the exit if I had to guess. The vehicles are probably to go with the theme similar to how The truck near Mystic Timbers goes with its theme.

• Like 3

It is also important to note that there may be some theming in the queue. When Copperhead Strike was announced, they showed a flyover of the queue and whatnot with no added props or theming. When Copperhead Strike opened, there were tons and tons of theming elements in the queue line, and none of them were in the animation. Looking at Orion’s animation, there are some patches of concrete/land that look like they would be perfect for some props. There is also a huge grass plot of land behind the break run. These theming elements are likely not in the animation because they have not been finalized yet, and they are still in development. The entrance plaza and queue are probably not finalized yet, besides the layout.

With Carowinds’ 2019 announcement, there was a patch of grass that seemingly had nothing it in. With our announcement video, there was a patch of grass with nothing it in (behind the break run). They got Mountain Gliders there. Does that mean we will see a new flat ride there? Probably not, but it is a possibility. It would probably be awkward to have a flat back there.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

It is also important to note that there may be some theming in the queue. When Copperhead Strike was announced, they showed a flyover of the queue and whatnot with no added props or theming. When Copperhead Strike opened, there were tons and tons of the ring elements in the queue line and none of them were in the animation. Looking at Orion’s animation there are some patches of concrete/land that look like they would be perfect for some props. There is also a huge grass plot of land behind the break run. These theming elements are likely not in the animation because they have not been finalized yet, and they are still in development. The entrance plaza and queue are probably not finalized yet, besides the layout.

With Carowinds’ 2019 announcement, there was a patch of grass that seemingly had nothing it in. With our announcement video, there was a patch of grass with nothing it in (behind the break run). They got Mountain Gliders there. Does that mean we will see a new flat rise there? Probably not, but it is a possibility.

Oh yeah tons of potential spots for props and theming

yhkifyuiyu.PNG

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Oh yeah tons of potential spots for props and theming

yhkifyuiyu.PNG

Not to mention the other side of the queue behind the station.

I honestly have no other explanation for that random concrete patch in the middle than it being for theming and props.

• Like 4

I am sure this has been talked about before, but in the announcement, the one scientist guy who can onstage said the turnout for this experiment was higher than SkyLab and Bayern Kurve. The theming could relate back to the past “failed” experiments and hopefully contain parts from Firehawk and possibly other past rides.

On Flight of Fear building, it has the number 18. On Orion’s entrance building, it looks like it is going to have the number 20. Could that imply that Flight of Fear was the 18th experiment, Firehawk or Invertigo was the 19th experiment, and now Orion will be the 20th experiment? I think the story behind this ride will evolve as potential theming is put in place. Copperhead Strike had a vague theme when it was announced, but when it opened, it took on a more complex theme.

• Like 3

Sorry for the the double post, but there is room in between the Fast Lane line and the regular queue line in the prop building that could be used for props. It is interesting how both the Fast Lane and the regular lines pass through the prop building and near the other mysterious concrete patches as if Kings Island wants everyone to see what is there. The prop building is also called a “prop building” and not a “prop. building” as in a proposed building which has been talked about in the past. This may mean that this building is specifically for props. Also, there are many Fun TV’s in the queue, and the park could play themed videos on them like on Mystic Timbers.

5C8823C8-3C65-4886-8062-2C3B4E8F5DD3.jpeg

Edit: the concrete patch is actually a little bit above the large yellow circle, so it is even close to both the Fast Lane and regular lines.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

On Flight of Fear building, it has the number 18. On Orion’s entrance building, it looks like it is going to have the number 20. Could that imply that Flight of Fear was the 18th experiment, Firehawk or Invertigo was the 19th experiment, and now Orion will be the 20th experiment? I think the story behind this ride will evolve as potential theming is put in place. Copperhead Strike had a vague theme when it was announced, but when it opened, it took on a more complex theme.

The numbers painted on front are the hangar numbers. Flight of Fear is Hangar 18 (after Hangar 18 at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base) and Orion is Hangar 20 (presumably because it’s opening in 2020).

• Like 3