Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

I was at Roller Coasters 'Eh, an ACE event, yesterday at Canada's Wonderland.  There was a Q&A portion with two of the main people from maintenance one of whom was Peter Switzer, who is the Director of Maintenance and Construction at Wonderland.

Someone asked the question if there were plans to rollout the storage bin system throughout the chain.  Mr. Switzer said that he had been in contact with his counterpart at Kings Island (Jeff Gramke was not named but that would be his comparable at KI) and had been discussing it for their ride next year.  So it wasn't definitively confirmed but there is certainly a chance that we could be getting that system used on Yukon Striker.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

My main question is how will people get to field of screams this season during construction? 

The only way I see people getting to field of screams is going through the construction site, which would be amazing!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kingshaven said:

Well that answered both questions..lol  Thanks.  I thought that might have been it but wasnt sure since a stream was mentioned earlier and was locations further down

The "stream" is on the top right of this picture (just to the right of the last E in my watermark). The drop is on the bottom, Racer is on the right, and Field of Screams is up top. 

Photo_1568563211691.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

The real question here: will Orion have to close for fireworks like Beast does, or will the fireworks location change? Orion's even closer to the launch spot than Beast.

This is gonna sound really stupid of me but The Beast is wood and Orion is metal and wood catches on fire easier

• Like 2