Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Wow I’m dumb

You’re not. There’s a standoff distance listed in the Fire Code as well as the NFPA 1123 guide for fireworks. It depends upon the size of the shell used as to how far the minimum distance is that the “crowd” can be. Anything closer or in close proximity must be shut down during the fireworks display and 20 minute “cool down” after the display is over.

They could always move the launching location elsewhere...
  • Like 5

58 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Wow I’m dumb

Not at all! That was a logical counterargument.

But yeah, I was mainly thinking about proximity to the fireworks. Fireworks debris could be an issue. Or, similar to what @fyrfyter said, perhaps there are codes or laws regarding proximity to fireworks that they have to follow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The white crane is working on the station / storage shed. From watching the cam ever day I have yet to see white crane touch track?  Its hard to spot but each time white goes over near track they end up with a small piece of metal for the shed/station. If we see yellow come back over we might see more supports or track go up! At least from what I've seen thus far on the cam.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

The white crane is working on the station / storage shed. From watching the cam ever day I have yet to see white crane touch track?  Its hard to spot but each time white goes over near track they end up with a small piece of metal for the shed/station. If we see yellow come back over we might see more supports or track go up! At least from what I've seen thus far on the cam.

Yep, I believe only the yellow crane has actually been used to move track.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I'm pretty sure they used the white crane moved the trasnfer track into place if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I'm pretty sure they used the white crane moved the trasnfer track into place if I'm not mistaken.

That you are correct. I guess i forgot about that. As for the rest of the installed track so far its been yellow crane. The past few days the white one has been working on station / shed area with small metal movement.

• Like 2